Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
Greens extension was 10 years ago mind you. But yes, it can get done any day now. I'm not sure why they'd be bothering Burrow with these negotiations leading up to the game when they've had all offseason, and Browns have Burrow's number as it is. It is possible tho. I don't think that is good business or likely. What more can happen between now and the time they board the plane Saturday.

Also did Green have another year left or was he headed into his last year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Greens extension was 10 years ago mind you. But yes, it can get done any day now. I'm not sure why they'd be bothering Burrow with these negotiations leading up to the game when they've had all offseason, and Browns have Burrow's number as it is. It is possible tho. I don't think that is good business or likely. What more can happen between now and the time they board the plane Saturday.

Also did Green have another year left or was he headed into his last year?

Green had one year left on his contract. Keep in mind, just in case that this is what prompted the question. typically QBs are different than receivers in this case. Almost all QBs sign their extensions in their third year, even a guy like Andy Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 11:30 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Of course it did ffs LOL

Burrow and Bosa are friends Burrow isn’t going to steal his mates thunder announcing his record breaking deal and making Bosa an afterthought.

From everything that’s coming out it’s getting closer, it’s going to happen before Sunday.

Well that would be a Burrow/Bosa thing, nothing to do with the agent.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. AJ Green was a big one IIRC.

Geno Atkins too if I remember correctly
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are slow playing the contract until we see this week's Colorado game. Then we may start our "Suck 4 Sanders" campaign .
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Geno Atkins too if I remember correctly

Geno and Dunlap on the same day, the Monday before in '18.

AJ was the Friday in '15.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the Bengals are slow playing the contract until we see this week's Colorado game. Then we may start our "Suck 4 Sanders" campaign .

Colorado vs TCU was a great game. Travis Hunter had an outstanding game at both Corner and WR... I expected him to be a solid corner but the WR part surprised me. Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah have solid defenses should be a good matchup for Hunter, Sanders, Horn, and Edwards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Colorado vs TCU was a great game. Travis Hunter had an outstanding game at both Corner and WR... I expected him to be a solid corner but the WR part surprised me. Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah have solid defenses should be a good matchup for Hunter, Sanders, Horn, and Edwards.

TCU is a paper tiger. Great offense, but Deion himself can probably run circles around them.

I indeed agree that if they go up against those Ds, it would be a better test.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess tomorrow will answer a lot of questions.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Duke is evil

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 03:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TCU is a paper tiger. Great offense, but Deion himself can probably run circles around them.

I indeed agree that if they go up against those Ds, it would be a better test.

I think Colorado has great skill players.  The problem is their lack of size in the trenches.  I assume this will change as Deion gets better recruiting classes, but it will be an issue this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 05:10 PM)samhain Wrote: I think Colorado has great skill players.  The problem is their lack of size in the trenches.  I assume this will change as Deion gets better recruiting classes, but it will be an issue this season.

I would guess Deion won't be there for than a couple years if he continues to do well. 
Reply/Quote
I just read this on the Bengals4life Facebook page, I have no idea where they get this info or if it's true.

"Joe Burrow and the Bengals are nearing a 5-year, $53 million AAV contract extension, per sources. The deal would make Burrow the highest-paid player in NFL history. $265 million guaranteed, $100 million signing bonus, $15 million roster bonus each year."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 05:38 PM)Stang69428 Wrote: I just read this on the Bengals4life Facebook page, I have no idea where they get this info or if it's true.  

"Joe Burrow and the Bengals are nearing a 5-year, $53 million AAV contract extension, per sources. The deal would make Burrow the highest-paid player in NFL history. $265 million guaranteed, $100 million signing bonus, $15 million roster bonus each year."

It looks like the same as the AI generated guess the guy posted as "Break News" on Twitter yesterday I think. I would post the tweet but I muted it because you know attention seeker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 05:38 PM)Stang69428 Wrote: I just read this on the Bengals4life Facebook page, I have no idea where they get this info or if it's true.  

They are not guaranteeing $265 million from the start.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

My friend just sent our group chat on WhatsApp a screen shot from a friend's text that had a screen shot from Dehner that had that same information!

I realize that it could be someone just that made a fake contact with Dehner's name, but it does give me hope! Said it will be rolled out in the next 24 hours!

My friend even said "don't tease," but it seems legit!

I know it sounds like "my barber heard from his baby momma's cousin's Über Driver's second cousin," but there's not many secrets here in Greater Cincinnati!
(09-07-2023, 05:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are not guaranteeing $265 million from the start.  

Why not? This isn't your daddy's Bengals franchise! We're treating our golden boy like we should!

Watson got 230 million guaranteed, which was ******** (sorry, but I couldn't think of a better word), and Burrow's worth a lot more!

We want to keep him happy and we're trying to keep him here for his career. 
Reply/Quote
One thing I know... If Burrow signs an extension everything will explode and it won't be hard at all to find out. So I very much doubt that he signed one yet. I hope it's soon though.
Reply/Quote

5 years isn't long enough. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Actually, what I heard didn't have the years, just the money.
Reply/Quote