Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
(08-25-2021, 05:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well at least Waynes has a couple of weeks before we need him.

It won't matter much.  Once the hamstring is injured, it's going to come back and nag him over and over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It won't matter much.  Once the hamstring is injured, it's going to come back and nag him over and over.

I get what you’re saying, but Tee had a hammy issue early last year and it didn’t really rear it’s head again until week 17…
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 04:46 PM)Synric Wrote: In James Rapien's post practice youtube video he said Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith were going to get alot of snaps in the 3rd pre-season game. 

What are the odds they're both starting on opening day?

dundundunnnnn...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 09:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I get what you’re saying, but Tee had a hammy issue early last year and it didn’t really rear it’s head again until week 17…

Be very surprised if half the players in the league haven’t had hammy injuries at some point. I’m sure he’ll be fine long term. 
Reply/Quote
It's in the TC Report with Hoard and Marisa, but they show a bunch of OL doing the, "shiver sled," where two guys push at both ends of the sled. I'm not sure if it's a pure strength drill or if its to show equality in the strength you possess, but it was interesting to watch and these were the results:

MJ and Prince: MJ got a bit more push than Prince did.
Fred and Vogel: About even, Fred got a bit more push.
Sutherland and Hill: Even
Spain and Reiff: Even
Jonah and X-man: Even, with X-man getting a touch more at the end (probably because Jonah let up a bit).
Hopkins and Price: Probably the biggest discrepancy, but Billy almost pushed the sled 90 degrees, even with Hopkins pushing it; Price is STRONG or Hopkins is a weakling.
MJ and Prince Rd. 2: MJ got a bunch more.
Fred and Vogel Rd. 2: Fred didn't push it as much as Price did, but he was getting more on his end as well.
Sutherland and Hill Rd 2: Hill (predictably) got about the same as Fred, just much-more push from him than Sutherland.

I know it's hard to grasp by my description, but here's the vid if you want a visual:

https://youtu.be/YL6Uk1TdhSg?t=842
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 11:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's in the TC Report with Hoard and Marisa, but they show a bunch of OL doing the, "shiver sled," where two guys push at both ends of the sled. I'm not sure if it's a pure strength drill or if its to show equality in the strength you possess, but it was interesting to watch and these were the results:

MJ and Prince: MJ got a bit more push than Prince did.
Fred and Vogel: About even, Fred got a bit more push.
Sutherland and Hill: Even
Spain and Reiff: Even
Jonah and X-man: Even, with X-man getting a touch more at the end (probably because Jonah let up a bit).
Hopkins and Price: Probably the biggest discrepancy, but Billy almost pushed the sled 90 degrees, even with Hopkins pushing it; Price is STRONG or Hopkins is a weakling.
MJ and Prince Rd. 2: MJ got a bunch more.
Fred and Vogel Rd. 2: Fred didn't push it as much as Price did, but he was getting more on his end as well.
Sutherland and Hill Rd 2: Hill (predictably) got about the same as Fred, just much-more push from him than Sutherland.

I know it's hard to grasp by my description, but here's the vid if you want a visual:

https://youtu.be/YL6Uk1TdhSg?t=842

One of Price's best attributes is his sheer strength. One of his worsts attributes is he doesn't seem to know how to use it to his advantage.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One of Price's best attributes is his sheer strength. One of his worsts attributes is he doesn't seem to know how to use it to his advantage.

I think it was chalked up to slower reaction times and having shorter arms.  Who knows?  Price may end up being a solid piece under Pollack and finally healthy.  He knows this is probably his last shot to become a starter long term anywhere in the league.  
Reply/Quote
Sample returned to practice today from that nicked up shoulder Waynes, Phillips, Reader all not participating. Waynes isn't present, Phillips just watching, Reader on the bike

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ben Baby
Ja'Marr Chase with a mixed bag so far. Had a good catch in zone between Awuzie and Bates. Also just had a drop in team drills.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
James Rapien
Ja’Marr Chase just beat Mike Hilton deep downfield for a 50+ yard touchdown. Joe Burrow threw a perfect deep ball and hit him in stride.

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.
Ja’Marr Chase with a really nice over the shoulder adjustment on a deep ball down the sideline from Burrow against Mike Hilton. Even a celebratory Griddy.

He’s had a fantastic week of four straight impressive practices coming off the Washington game and rough Sunday practice.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 04:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.
Ja’Marr Chase with a really nice over the shoulder adjustment on a deep ball down the sideline from Burrow against Mike Hilton. Even a celebratory Griddy.

He’s had a fantastic week of four straight impressive practices coming off the Washington game and rough Sunday practice.

Let’s hope he can show similar in the dolphins game. It’s all for not with this fanbase if he has even one bobble on Sunday.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 05:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let’s hope he can show similar in the dolphins game. It’s all for not with this fanbase if he has even one bobble on Sunday.

*naught

The correct expression of that phrase is "all for naught", meaning to no avail, as in "we tried, but it was all for nothing".

But yes, let's hope that he can put the burn on someone in a different colored jersey this week.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote