JOE
JAMARR
DJ
LOGAN
GERMAINE
ELI
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Game Game Ball
(12-18-2022, 10:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: How does Burrow get credit for 4 (basically 5) turnovers from our defense? We had 2 drives over 40 yards the entire game. Our offense was pathetic but got bailed out with 5 straight drives starting already in FG range. 

If they are getting the ball in great position they have no way to make the drives longer short of running backwards. So then you need to see if they cashed in on the field position - which they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I usually don't vote on these or share my opinion, but I can no longer hold my tongue.

Logan Wilson has had 32 tackles and 1.5 sacks in the last 2 weeks. he got 2 votes last week and none so far this week.

I think the arguments are a good thing. The Bengals find ways to win which is very hard in the NFL and especially on the road. Wilson helped lead a defense again, how can anyone argue with almost any guy you put in the poll?

That is why it is so fun, we need to do like ZT does and give more than 1 game ball as most games we have multiple guys who deserve them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Tre Flowers
Reply/Quote
Gonna split this between Gio and Tom.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: How does Burrow get credit for 4 (basically 5) turnovers from our defense? We had 2 drives over 40 yards the entire game. Our offense was pathetic but got bailed out with 5 straight drives starting already in FG range. 

He doesn't.  But we didn't kick 5 FGs, correct?  So if 4 passes got into the end zone, and he threw each of them, he gets credit for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:09 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Tre Flowers was really good today.

So was Joseph Ossai. He hit Tom Brady so hard on the play where Germaine Pratt intercepted the pass.
Reply/Quote
I voted other for Lou and/or the entire defense. The way they got after Brady in the second half without Hendrickson or Hubbard was epic, the backup secondary guys held it down, and the linebackers were just thumping people!
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So was Joseph Ossai. He hit Tom Brady so hard on the play where Germaine Pratt intercepted the pass.

Yep. And he got held at least a couple times today (I think one was called?).

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He doesn't.  But we didn't kick 5 FGs, correct?  So if 4 passes got into the end zone, and he threw each of them, he gets credit for them.

I understand how the concept works. But people act like Burrow is the main reason we won and "willed us to victory." Just seems backwards and if not for the defense forcing 5 straight TOs we likely lose by double digits. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So was Joseph Ossai. He hit Tom Brady so hard on the play where Germaine Pratt intercepted the pass.

Same on the fumble, I think Wilson knocked it out and Ossai recovered it. I think Wilson and Ossai also hit Brady on the Pratt pick.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I had to run out for 10 minutes early in the 2nd half and was delighted to get the game on radio here in Northeastern PA (700 WLW out of Cincinnati). Listening to the announcers talk about Reader sold it for me. If he's not a Pro Bowl starter, something is really wrong.

Burrow’s not even top 3 in voting for afc qb’s

The masses overlook this franchise
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: I understand how the concept works. But people act like Burrow is the main reason we won and "willed us to victory." Just seems backwards and if not for the defense forcing 5 straight TOs we likely lose by double digits. 

We certainly lose by double digits without those 4 TDs, so you can say the same thing the other direction.

For the record, I went with OTHER for Lou A.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: I understand how the concept works. But people act like Burrow is the main reason we won and "willed us to victory." Just seems backwards and if not for the defense forcing 5 straight TOs we likely lose by double digits. 

Did you see wide open receivers all over the field today? Did she a clean pocket today for our QB? Did you see huge running lanes for our RB's today?

The defense made some great plays, the Bucs had 2 bone head fumble, one on Gio on 4th down and one on Brady missing a handoff to a RB. The good news is the defense and special teams jumped on the fumbles. They capitalized on the mistakes.

Then Joe took short fields and got 3 TD's, a 2 point conversion and a field goal. Then, he sealed the Bucs fate with a long drive keeping our banged up defense on the sidelines and making TB use a couple of time outs, then the TD pass to Wilcox to seal it.

Look at those three TD.'s all tough throws and great catches by our trio. I believe all 3 were on 3rd down also.

Reply/Quote
I voted for Burrow. Defense and especially Pratt came up big in the second half, but Joe makes the whole team believe they can win against anyone! Trust in Joe Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Burrow’s not even top 3 in voting for afc qb’s

The masses overlook this franchise

Bengals have a small fan base. MaHommes is the best. Allen and Herbert are great also, but I like Joe B. to be equal to anyone not named MaHommes.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals have a small fan base. MaHommes is the best. Allen and Herbert are great also, but I like Joe B. to be equal to anyone not named MaHommes.

Herbert’s not top 3 either. That fanbase is smaller than cincy’s but media promotes the hell out of them. Prob because it’s LA

But Tua is the guy in the top 3
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s not top 3 either. That fanbase is smaller than cincy’s but media promotes the hell out of them. Prob because it’s LA

But Tua is the guy in the top 3

Pro Bpwl voting?

Tua did not play a couple of games and had 2 very bad games this month.

Reply/Quote
Since I cant vote for the Bengals MVP Mr Tom Brady

Then its between Wilson and Pratt and casting my vote for Pratt.

Burrow's stats are great but he was handed some really good field position by the defense.

Also felt the lack of offense in the first half hurt the defense as well. Brady and the Bucs were throwing the kitchen sink at them in first half knowing they needed this game desperately. They got some good long drawn out drives and all of those 3 and outs by the Bengals was not giving them enough time to recharge.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The shovel pass was bad, too. They need to take that play out of the playbook. The 30 yard sack that got erased because of the penalty was also monumentally dumb. This wasn’t really my favorite game from Burrow tbh. But even when he’s “off” he can throw for 4 TD’s and have a passer rating of 100+ lol. I can live with that.

Honestly thought this was Joe's worst game so far. I know his QB rating doesn't reflect that either. The sack that got erased, that was a bad decision. The dink pass to Perine, looked like Zac got on his ass for that.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: What do you think the chances are of Burrow scoring 5 of 6 drives without 5 straight turnovers by the defense? I think Burrow is a top 5 QB but he was bad today. I think that's okay to say. He was awful the first half, got bailed out on the 25+ yard sack, and lucky on the missed Tee interception. He made some good throws but had about just as many bad ones. 

He was really bad in the first half, but from that two minute drill in the second quarter, and into the final half, he played pretty well. Well enough to capitalize on what the defense and STs gave him. He wasn't even doing that in the first.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote