JOE
JAMARR
DJ
LOGAN
GERMAINE
ELI
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Game Game Ball
I actually went with Logan. He was everywhere tonight and also got the sack that led to a fumble (with DJs assistance). The defense has a while really won us this game in the 2nd half and he is the QB of that unit, so he gets my vote.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s not top 3 either. That fanbase is smaller than cincy’s but media promotes the hell out of them. Prob because it’s LA

But Tua is the guy in the top 3

I wouldn't get to bent out of shape. Pretty sure some 12 yr old is setting there pushing the enter button about 20k times a day.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. And he got held at least a couple times today (I think one was called?).

That dude was holding EVERYONE on that side....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I just watched Joe's press conference. He gave all of the credit to special teams, defense and anyone else not named Joe Burrow.

Redzone TD's are hard, but the offense got four of them. Joe did not have to drive the field in the second half thanks to the defense and special teams.

But again, the last drive for the Wilcox TD was a clock draining grind it out drive to put the final nail in the Brady coffin. It was well executed and well managed by Joe and ZT.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:41 PM)Garrus Wrote: I actually went with Logan. He was everywhere tonight and also got the sack that led to a fumble (with DJs assistance). The defense has a while really won us this game in the 2nd half and he is the QB of that unit, so he gets my vote.

Hard to argue against Wilson and he is one of my favorite Bengals, although I went with Pratt who is really stepping up his game lately as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did you see wide open receivers all over the field today? Did she a clean pocket today for our QB? Did you see huge running lanes for our RB's today?

The defense made some great plays, the Bucs had 2 bone head fumble, one on Gio on 4th down and one on Brady missing a handoff to a RB. The good news is the defense and special teams jumped on the fumbles. They capitalized on the mistakes.

Then Joe took short fields and got 3 TD's, a 2 point conversion and a field goal. Then, he sealed the Bucs fate with a long drive keeping our banged up defense on the sidelines and making TB use a couple of time outs, then the TD pass to Wilcox to seal it.

Look at those three TD.'s all tough throws and great catches by our trio. I believe all 3 were on 3rd down also.

No, I think the entire offense played about as average as you can get. Including Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
Zac gave game balls to:

DJ
Logan
Flowers
Pratt
Wilcox
Boyd

Reply/Quote
I voted OTHER, because you didn't list Flowers as a choice. I normally don't do this game ball thing, because it is a team game. However I went on this today, because I felt Flowers came up big when the chips were down. When Bengals were losing and had nothing going their way. it was Flowers who made huge defensive plays to turn the momentum and the game around.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Probably the hardest game ball to choose all year for me. I chose other to give it to Lou.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I had to run out for 10 minutes early in the 2nd half and was delighted to get the game on radio here in Northeastern PA (700 WLW out of Cincinnati).  Listening to the announcers talk about Reader sold it for me. If he's not a Pro Bowl starter, something is really wrong.

Thanks for standing strong in NE PA, the Bermuda triangle of Steelers, Bills and Browns.  I'm in Cincy but 50,000 watt WLW has come through for me while traveling, from Jersey to Louisiana.

To the poll:  defense was lights out, offense was clutch when they had to be, numerous heroes on both sides, but I'm going with the fans who made the trip and took over the stadium.  Listening to WHO DEY drowning out Romo's babble was sweet music.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Burrow no longer deserves passes for batted balls. It's clearly a him problem at this point. 

That's ridiculous.  Athletic guys with ten foot wing spans are being coached to look for deflections if they can't get to the QB.  It's part of the blocker's job to get their hands down.
Reply/Quote
Went with Pratt. He seemed to be around the ball a lot. Broke up a pass in the end zone on 3rd down in addition to his INT. Unfortunately, the bucs converted the 4th down for a touchdown anyway but that wasn't his fault.

Has any player on this team made more money in their contract year than Pratt has? With every game he has, I become more convinced that we are not going to be able to afford him this off season.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nice of the boys to spot TB 17 points, but the better team won today. Time to give out the Game Ball to our 1st Place Bengals.

JOE BURROW: 200 passing yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 104.6 Passer Rating

JAMARR CHASE: 7 catches, 60 yards, 1 TD

DJ READER: 1 FF, plus folks get mad if I don't list him

LOGAN WILSON: 15 Tackles, 1 Sack

GERMAINE PRATT: 9 Tackles, 2 PDs, 1 INT

ELI APPLE: 7 Tackles, 2 PDs

I went with "OTHER" for the first time that I can remember.  It was a team win, and almost everyone contributed, but no one had a lights-out, stellar game.  Tre Flowers, however, in his limited action had a huge batted pass (in perfect coverage) on a key 3rd down, and that amazing INT.  Thought it hit the ground live.  

Flowers gets a ball from me:)
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Gio Bernard gets my vote

Really felt bad for Gio on that one.  Looked like he didn't know it was coming.  
Reply/Quote
I voted other 'cause the entire freakin' defense deserved it. Yeah, first half wasn't great, but they had a goal line stand in the 1st and then the 2nd half they were monstrous.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac gave game balls to:

DJ
Logan
Flowers
Pratt
Wilcox
Boyd

God, I love these so much.  Team has such energy and support for each other.  Recognizing the kickoff coverage was smart as well.  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not sure how anyone on the offense could get a vote. The entire offense, including Burrow, was terrible today and completely bailed our by the defense.

The defense definitely outplayed the offense, but remember that same defense couldn't get a stop in the first half and they played keep away.  Bengals had the ball for very few minutes in the first half.  Can't score if you don't have the ball.

They both started clicking in the second half, and perhaps most importantly, they didn't quit.  Like ZT said, They bow'd up and fought their way back in to it.  

The offense wasn't great, but it sure wasn't terrible.  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Splatt Pratt!! His interception was unbelievable!!! Logan a close second, he was knocking the snot out of people!

Wilson wasn't just knocking the snot out of people, he was also saving everyone's bacon whenever one of Tampa's receivers or backs got lose. Wilson came out of nowhere and brought them to the ground when others were missing tackles.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm going with Tre Flowers. The INT he caught opened the floodgates and was exactly what we needed at the time to get us moving in the right direction. Also, IMO this was the best he's played all year, and with how thin we are at CB he now has the expectation to keep bringing it.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Tom Brady did everything possible to make sure we won. 2 fumbles and 2 picks on 4 consecutive drives. He’s got my vote.

Yep I also voted for Tom Brady for game ball. Imagine going over and giving it to him lol.

Good on Sweet Lou and everyone for coming out for another strong second half. I had to rewatch highlights I had a super busy weekend and didn't even think about football until 9 pm yesterday and was ecstatic to see we had won.

Good on Burrow and the offense to get a late FG and actually take the opportunities given to us by Tom and Gio and turn them into quality points.

Props to Boyd coming off that nasty sounding finger injury and catching balls including a TD. Did he drop any passes?

Also props to at least one Perine run where he basically dragged half of Tampa Bay's defense an extra 2-3 yards. Guy still should be getting some more carries than he has since Mixon came back.
Reply/Quote