Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Target Hurst
Fins have allowed the 2nd most yards to TE's this year.

I hope Joe progresses through his reads fast enough to take advantage of it.

I'd be feeding the big man and grant him his breakout game.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Absolutely, or just make Hurst the #1 target on several plays. Attack the weakness!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Fins have allowed the 2nd most yards to TE's this year.

Yep I said in the prediction thread he would go off tonight as well
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Fins have allowed the 2nd most yards to TE's this year.

Yes! Hope this is Hayden Hurst's breakout game as a Bengal. Perfect Defense to do it against. Would be awesome for him to 
score a TD as well. I guarantee Hurst is thirsty for a monster game and Burrow and him need to start gaining chemistry and 
comradery for the season. It is time.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:34 PM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely, or just make Hurst the #1 target on several plays. Attack the weakness!

That's going too far. I don't think it's such a weakness that you should turn your 5th receiving threat into your 1st to ignore your own strength of the 3 WRs.

Hurst is averaging 7.0 yards per reception and is 5th in receiving yards on the team and is closer to 6th than 4th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is a problem that has frustrated me in the past. Not exploiting the other teams weakness. Guarantee you Hurst will get normal workload while we keep trying shit that ain’t working.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well played, Beast.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well played, Beast.

.....and Mitchell Wilcox....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:20 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....and Mitchell Wilcox....lol.

For Wilcox though, he actually almost f'd it up by running backwards like a moron.

He's lucky his man missed his tackle (was it Ingram?), otherwise he'd've turned a first down into a 4th down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: For Wilcox though, he actually almost f'd it up by running backwards like a moron.

He's lucky his man missed his tackle (was it Ingram?), otherwise he'd've turned a first down into a 4th down.

Was a fan of the result, but wasn't a fan of his decision there.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: For Wilcox though, he actually almost f'd it up by running backwards like a moron.

Agree, but it was good to see those outlets, and Joe taking them.

(09-30-2022, 01:23 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Was a fan of the result, but wasn't a fan of his decision there.

Same. 

Reply/Quote
We got a big TD to our TE last season on TNF, too. Against a team from Florida no less.

If that OT goes our way week 1 it would be eerie how similar the start of the season has been to last year.

Reply/Quote

He almost fumbled at the end of the play too (or maybe he did, but it went out of bounds). Yeah, backup, lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We got a big TD to our TE last season on TNF, too. Against a team from Florida no less.

If that OT goes our way week 1 it would be eerie how similar the start of the season has been to last year.

Whitworth was talking about that in an interview earlier in the day. Basically saying it was the same start, with Cincinnati coming out on the wrong end this time in week 1.

Reply/Quote
Yes,please target Hurst more.Give him a few of Mixon’s targets.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:12 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes,please target Hurst more.Give him a few of Mixon’s targets.

My PPR really needed those 5 catches for no yards though.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes! Hope this is Hayden Hurst's breakout game as a Bengal. Perfect Defense to do it against. Would be awesome for him to 
score a TD as well. I guarantee Hurst is thirsty for a monster game and Burrow and him need to start gaining chemistry and 
comradery for the season. It is time.

This guy plays with so much energy... I noticed when our TEs score, we usually win games... CJ won us about 2-3 games last season. Looks like Hurst is a beast that can catch and run the ball in the middle (where we always got burned ourselves wit TEs). I hope they (coaches) capitalize on this. If they play Hurst like CJ, then this confirms that our OC and Zac run plays that they like, rather than plays that suit the players ability to the max. Hurst proved it again in yesterday's game.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:50 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This guy plays with so much energy... I noticed when our TEs score, we usually win games... CJ won us about 2-3 games last season. Looks like Hurst is a beast that can catch and run the ball in the middle (where we always got burned ourselves wit TEs). I hope they (coaches) capitalize on this. If they play Hurst like CJ, then this confirms that our OC and Zac run plays that they like, rather than plays that suit the players ability to the max. Hurst proved it again in yesterday's game.

Nice. Hurst had a good game, not quite the breakout game I wanted from him but he got a TD and yes, he plays with a
ton of energy and effort. Dude is buff and is hard as hell to tackle. Was a great pickup and I think he will have his best 
season with us as I predicted before the season. This was a nice game by the TE's Hurst and Wilcox had a huge play.

Been waiting a long time to see the TE's used more. It opens more up and makes us harder to defend.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well played, Beast.
Thank you, Truck !

Would love to see us hit our TE's at least once every 10 plays. It should pull a Safety up a bit to open up the WR's, right ?

Reply/Quote

As soon as I saw him doing that I was like OH NO ! Pissed

Luckily for us it worked out. 
Reply/Quote