Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tart visiting
(03-17-2024, 09:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe with Hill kinda getting the boot at starting FS (expected), he might compete with DJ Reader for taking Chido's starting outside CB spot.
He has the size and speed to stay outside.
Most likely he'll replace after Hilton after this season, but hopefully he'll have a fire lit under him this year if he gets booted out of starting safety.

Are you sure that's what you intended to say?  Doesn't sound like typical Ochocincos speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Alas we just don't know what is going on right now, and the FO is really tight lipped so until they want people to know we won't know.

If you look at Free Agency so far in terms of the issues that killed us last season it has been pretty effective. Moss directly speaks to poor pass protection from RB as well as Mixon's inability to make the first defender miss or break the first tackle - we went from the worst YAC starting RB to one in the upper tier for that - advanced stats reveal a lot. Stone and Bell both speak to the single biggest issue on defense - explosive plays caused by defenders out of alignment, bad angles, missing assignments. Our secondary got a big injection of savvy, IQ and leadership. Rankins gives us the 3T pass rush tandem back we've lacked since Ogunjobi left. Even Gesicki fills a gap, namely a mismatch out of the slot. We're basically nervous right now because no NT or RT have been signed yet. I'm sure we will do so - just gotta chill a bit.

Pretty wild. I guess they are being extra cautious.

on the free agency tracker on their own page
https://www.bengals.com/team/free-agent-tracker

They still don't list Rankins or Irwin. Like they are waiting until they actually put pen to paper or something. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:18 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: So with Chido leaving our answer is maybe a player who’s already been demoted and booted from
His original spot within two years and we gonna try him out outside cuz he has the size lmfao.  That sounds like a bengals move so it makes sense but that again is why this team is getting worse and not better.  That’s dumb.  Not saying ur dumb but if that’s what they thinking they dumb as hell

Bengals still at 8th highest available cap at $29 mill, so they have room to add 2-3 more guys if they wanted.

There are still a handful of decent CBs on the market, but I would have to imagine the reason the Bengals haven't addressed that spot yet is because of either:
A) They plan to use one of the two high DB draft picks for that spot,
B) Plan to use a high draft pick this year for that spot, or...
C) Want to get a FA but they have a set price they want to spend and those guys they have in mind are too high for that price currently so they are holding until price comes down

I also believe that same above philosophy for NT and RT for B/C, although the available options in FA are fewer/worse for these positions compared to CB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that's what you intended to say?  Doesn't sound like typical Ochocincos speak.

Oh lol. Meant Turner, not Reader. Good catch.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh lol. Meant Turner, not Reader. Good catch.

Think about how amazing that jam at the LoS would have been, though!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals still at 8th highest available cap at $29 mill, so they have room to add 2-3 more guys if they wanted.

There are still a handful of decent CBs on the market, but I would have to imagine the reason the Bengals haven't addressed that spot yet is because of either:
A) They plan to use one of the two high DB draft picks for that spot,
B) Plan to use a high draft pick this year for that spot, or...
C) Want to get a FA but they have a set price they want to spend and those guys they have in mind are too high for that price currently so they are holding until price comes down

I also believe that same above philosophy for NT and RT for B/C, although the available options in FA are fewer/worse for these positions compared to CB.

Turner nor Hill is not ready to be our starting boundary corner in place of chido oppo cam Taylor Britt. Go corner round 1 or bring in Tradavious white. Do that if they wanna compete. Gotta get a vet presence worth a damn. Eli apple would be good for this young group WITH chido. Now he gone. It can’t be anyone on the roster now stepping in for chido. That’s a recipe for disaster. Gotta trade Higgins for d. Brown in Carolina. Make it happen. Sign white. Draft Taliese Fuaga in 1 and either Mitchell Leggett Walker, Rice or Javon Baker in 2 or 3.. and honestly bring back Boyd if u can. Big if there tho.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:37 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Turner nor Hill is not ready to be our starting boundary corner in place of chido oppo cam Taylor Britt.  Go corner round 1 or bring in Tradavious white.  Do that if they wanna compete.  Gotta get a vet presence worth a damn.  Eli apple would be good for this young group WITH chido.  Now he gone.  It can’t be anyone on the roster now stepping in for chido.  That’s a recipe for disaster.   Gotta trade Higgins for d. Brown in Carolina.  Make it happen.  Sign white.  Draft Taliese Fuaga in 1 and either Mitchell Leggett Walker, Rice or Javon Baker in 2 or 3..  and honestly bring back Boyd if u can.  Big if there tho.

Who is to say a CB drafted in Rd 1 won't perform the same as (or worse than) Hill and Turner last year?
If you want insurance for the position, it has to be FA.
But even then, just because a FA was successful elsewhere doesn't mean they'll be guaranteed to play well in CIN's scheme.

No offense btw, but what you're proposing is far too much of a change in offseason compared to what Bengals typically do.
Most of the things you list above will not happen at this point.
I understand you feel all that is necessary to get the Bengals back on track to the SB, but my assumption is they don't feel they need quite all that change.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:37 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Turner nor Hill is not ready to be our starting boundary corner in place of chido oppo cam Taylor Britt.  Go corner round 1 or bring in Tradavious white.  Do that if they wanna compete.  Gotta get a vet presence worth a damn.  Eli apple would be good for this young group WITH chido.  Now he gone.  It can’t be anyone on the roster now stepping in for chido.  That’s a recipe for disaster.   Gotta trade Higgins for d. Brown in Carolina.  Make it happen.  Sign white.  Draft Taliese Fuaga in 1 and either Mitchell Leggett Walker, Rice or Javon Baker in 2 or 3..  and honestly bring back Boyd if u can.  Big if there tho.

Tradavious White?  Guy never regained his form after his torn ACL in 2021, then tore his achilles last season.  Not sure he is the answer at CB.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tradavious White?  Guy never regained his form after his torn ACL in 2021, then tore his achilles last season.  Not sure he is the answer at CB.

Bro lol u make me laugh. I’ll take Tradavious white healthy over Turner and hill all day long right now oppo cam Taylor Britt. We are sitting here taking about Mekhi becton who’s never proven anything and is always hurt but won’t consider a former all pro who’s been hurt the last couple seasons. Gtfoh. Gimme white. We need a vet in that room one that can play. White would give that room exactly what it needs
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:22 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Bro lol u make me laugh. I’ll take Tradavious white healthy over Turner and hill all day long right now oppo cam Taylor Britt.  We are sitting here taking about Mekhi becton who’s never proven anything and is always hurt but won’t consider a former all pro who’s been hurt the last couple seasons.  Gtfoh.  Gimme white.  We need a vet in that room one that can play.  White would give that room exactly what it needs

You take White all you want.  He was abused in 2022 coming off the ACL and now has a recovering achilles.  You like him fine, but the Bills let him go for a reason, their fans are totally fine letting him walk for a reason.  There is a reason he is still available.

He is approaching 30 with back-to-back serious injuries.  I would probably rather have White than Fulton, but I would not count on White being close to his prime form. 

Reply/Quote
So…..I guess Tart is fielding other offers. Should have never let him leave the building.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So…..I guess Tart is fielding other offers. Should have never let him leave the building.

That's call unlawful imprisonment.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:22 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Bro lol u make me laugh. I’ll take Tradavious white healthy over Turner and hill all day long right now oppo cam Taylor Britt.  We are sitting here taking about Mekhi becton who’s never proven anything and is always hurt but won’t consider a former all pro who’s been hurt the last couple seasons.  Gtfoh.  Gimme white.  We need a vet in that room one that can play.  White would give that room exactly what it needs

He makes YOU laugh while you're ticketing a player who has had 2 torn achilles in the last 3 years? That's comical.
Reply/Quote

People are only talking about Becton because the Bengals brought him in for a visit.
No one really actually WANTS to see Becton signed, at least not as a starter.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People are only talking about Becton because the Bengals brought him in for a visit.

Exactly, most of us view him only as an affordable stop-gap option.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So…..I guess Tart is fielding other offers. Should have never let him leave the building.

I guess that with him being about the only viable NT option left in the current market, his agent must feel like he's got some leverage in contract numbers.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

He and his agent know they are one of the few descent NT options on the FA market.  We are in a bad spot unless we have a trade option lined up. Even with teams pressed against the cap, I didn't see any solid backup NTs that would be better than Tart. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, most of us view him only as an affordable stop-gap option.

I’ve been hearing about Mekhi becton in here since last off season. And white would only be a stop gap as Turner and hill
Progress…hopefully. I’m talking a 1 yr deal for em. There’s also no reason we can’t sign white…or fine forget white sign Howard. Do something in Fa worth a damn or we gonna get torched….. and u could still
Probably nab either or tart/brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People are only talking about Becton because the Bengals brought him in for a visit.

Agreed, I'm not disappointed they didn't sign Becton. I am, however, interested in how they visit played out. Could both sides not agree on a contract? Did the Bengals decide they no longer had interest in him?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, I'm not disappointed they didn't sign Becton. I am, however, interested in how they visit played out. Could both sides not agree on a contract? Did the Bengals decide they no longer had interest in him?
They brought in Paul Alexander and a Jeff Ruby Steakhouse ketchup bottle to the table to see how he preps his steak fries.

He did not pass the test. Therefore no contact offer. It's that simple.
Reply/Quote