Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
Quote:Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
33m
Sources: The #Bengals have told DE Carlos Dunlap to stay home rather than come to work today as the team sorts out his future. They have had trade talks centered around their disgruntled pass-rusher, and those are continuing.

Personally, I LOVE it!

You want to cause drama, then get the **** out!

We're changing the culture here!

Haven't been impressed with Taylor's coaching, but you have to think that this came from him and I commend him for it!
Reply/Quote
Damn Skippy....
Reply/Quote
Good.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I LOVE it!

Haven't been impressed with Taylor's coaching, but you have to think that this came from him and I commend him for it!

Yep. Last thing they need is Carlos getting (faking) an injury and putting the Bengals in a position of question.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep. Last thing they need is Carlos getting (faking) an injury and putting the Bengals in a position of question.

Not only that, but I'm thinking about what it has to do for the attitude of the locker room!  

That's saying "we're one team and one family, so get out if you want to cause drama because we don't need that bullshit here!"
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hate to be a dick but it's a business and Carlos showed his ass to the fans. He should have been fined for conduct detrimental to the team and I've heard of teams getting out of guaranteed money for such things. I don't know if that is a possibility here.

Preferably he plays like he can along with Geno and we go on a run to 10-5-1.

Or we get some decent compensation for losing what should have been a defensive leader for a young team in a tough season making game changing plays and helping us win.
Reply/Quote
His agent is playing a risky game. And I think he’ll lose. We won’t find a trade partner
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I LOVE it!

Hopefully he'll be changing his handle to Unemployment linenumber96 today.
Reply/Quote
The problem isn't finding a team to take him as much as finding a team to pay him. His dead cap number before the season was $12M+ (not sure how it prorates to now)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dunlaps response to this was “When they go low, we go high.”

How was he not hitting low first? Lol
Reply/Quote
Good. I'm curious what they can get now. I think they could have received a 2nd or 3rd for him in he was traded this past offseason when some of us wanted. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they get better than a 6th for him.

Now, I just don't want him to go to a contender.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem isn't finding a team to take him as much as finding a team to pay him.  His dead cap number before the season was $12M+ (not sure how it prorates to now)

We'd assume 4.5 Million in dead cap this season. A team trading for him would assume the rest of his salary for the year, so about 6 Million.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're changing the culture here!  

That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:50 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Good. I'm curious what they can get now. I think they could have received a 2nd or 3rd for him in he was traded this past offseason when some of us wanted. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they get better than a 6th for him.

Now, I just don't want him to go to a contender.

No team would have given a 2nd for him at this point in his career. Maybe a 3rd, more likely a 4th.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.

He knows the Bengals are building towards the future, and he will not be part of it.
Reply/Quote
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
We mentioned in the MAQB (http://buff.ly/3dZC9vT) that Dunlap's effort on Sunday was seen as inexcusable, and that the tape reinforced that for the staff. Which is only making it more difficult to trade him.

Not much of a market out there for him.

So not much of a market for Dunlap due to last Sunday's game film?

Since Dunlap only played 12 of 52 snaps I wonder what kind of market there would be for the players and coaches responsible for those other 40 snaps?

It is pathetic to blame that shit show on a guy who only played 20% of the snaps.

Love the "accountability" from this new staff.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem isn't finding a team to take him as much as finding a team to pay him.  His dead cap number before the season was $12M+ (not sure how it prorates to now)

Just looked on overthecap. Wouldn't the Bengals already be on the hook for all workout bonuses and signing bonus proration this year? His salary plus game bonuses equal $8.3M, I believe the new team would be on the hook for half of that since it's midseason. I also believe trading him would be a net positive for the Bengals cap. 

His 2021 salary, game bonuses & workout bonus equal $11.1M. That may be the tricky part, but I think there is zero cap hit for his new team if they cut him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
We mentioned in the MAQB (http://buff.ly/3dZC9vT) that Dunlap's effort on Sunday was seen as inexcusable, and that the tape reinforced that for the staff. Which is only making it more difficult to trade him.

Not much of a market out there for him.

So not much of a market for Dunlap due to last Sunday's game film?

Since Dunlap only played 12 of 52 snaps I wonder what kind of market there would be for the players and coaches responsible for those other 40 snaps?

It is pathetic to blame that shit show on a guy who only played 20% of the snaps.

Love the "accountability" from this new staff.  Hilarious

It's pathetic that people are actually pointing to his snap count and acting like he would be better if he played more snaps. He played more snaps in the earlier games, and sucked. He is putting zero effort into this year. This is ALL on him no matter how much people want to put it on the coaches. If he put forth some effort, he would still be atop the depth chart.
Reply/Quote