Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team captains?
25% of all threads devolve into weird rants and tangents.

That being said, family fights are just that...still family in the end.

Who Dey.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:11 AM)kdgjr Wrote: 25% of all threads devolve into weird rants and tangents.

That being said, family fights are just that...still family in the end.

Who Dey.

So what you’re saying is Fred is the annoying uncle who always ruins Thanksgiving by arguing with everyone?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ^THAT is a leader of men.

No doubt.  Whit was probably the best all-around leader I have ever seen on the Bengals.  I would not be surprised to see him become a coach.

But I still say that pre-game speeches are not the basis for choosing a captain.  There is much more to leadership than that.  In fact Burrow, Bynes, and Bell were all elected captain without ever giving a single pre-game speech to the team.

Leadership is about what happens all through the week and in the huddle on game day.  Not just 5 minutes before a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So what you’re saying is Fred is the annoying uncle who always ruins Thanksgiving by arguing with everyone?

At least I am not the guy who ruins a good Thanksgiving meal by constantly crying about how bad the gravy was last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No doubt.  Whit was probably the best all-around leader I have ever seen on the Bengals.  I would not be surprised to see him become a coach.

But I still say that pre-game speeches are not the basis for choosing a captain.  There is much more to leadership than that.  In fact Burrow, Bynes, and Bell were all elected captain without ever giving a single pre-game speech to the team.

Leadership is about what happens all through the week and in the huddle on game day.  Not just 5 minutes before a game.

You’re hung up on just the pregame speeches, but it’s also the personality in general. You better be REALLY good if you’re an aw shucks nice guy type if you want to be taken seriously.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re hung up on just the pregame speeches, but it’s also the personality in general. You better be REALLY good if you’re an aw shucks nice guy type if you want to be taken seriously.

The best players on the team are not always the captains.  His teammates elected Dalton as a captain so they took him seriously.  Stop claiming his teammates did not know what they were doing.

And mainly can you all stop ruining threads about this season in order to shit on Dalton, or Lewis, or Vigil or whoever else you might be obsessed with hating.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The best players on the team are not always the captains.  His teammates elected Dalton as a captain so they took him seriously.  Stop claiming his teammates did not know what they were doing.

And mainly can you all stop ruining threads about this season in order to shit on Dalton, or Lewis, or Vigil or whoever else you might be obsessed with hating.

You constantly claim Bynes isn’t much of an upgrade over Vigil. You also claim that since Vigil got paid slightly more in FA he must be better. So to me it is absolutely fair to point out that Bynes came right in and was made a captain, when Vigil never was. It wasn’t just out of the blue that I brought up the guy he’s replacing.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The best players on the team are not always the captains.  His teammates elected Dalton as a captain so they took him seriously.  Stop claiming his teammates did not know what they were doing.

But...Dalton sucks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You constantly claim Bynes isn’t much of an upgrade over Vigil. You also claim that since Vigil got paid slightly more in FA he must be better. So to me it is absolutely fair to point out that Bynes came right in and was made a captain, when Vigil never was. It wasn’t just out of the blue that I brought up the guy he’s replacing.

Just to piggyback on this. Vigil was paid more and became a bench warmer while the guy (Bynes) we signed (to less money) not only became a starter right off but was made a captain. That just screams that we made the right choice and got an upgrade in personnel based on how the team feels. The added bonus of him helping the 3 draftees is just icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
Take it to the Andy Dalton thread. Oh, wait.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The best players on the team are not always the captains.  His teammates elected Dalton as a captain so they took him seriously.  Stop claiming his teammates did not know what they were doing.

The best players on the team are not always the highest paid.

Fixed it for ya.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You constantly claim Bynes isn’t much of an upgrade over Vigil. You also claim that since Vigil got paid slightly more in FA he must be better. So to me it is absolutely fair to point out that Bynes came right in and was made a captain, when Vigil never was. It wasn’t just out of the blue that I brought up the guy he’s replacing.

The Chargers sure did pay alot of $$$$ for a backup LB to hand Perryman a cup Gatorade 10 times a game.
Reply/Quote