Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team captains?
(09-11-2020, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The worse he got the more I called him out though. To you and the rest of the Dalton Gang that equaled “HATER!!” 

Wrong.

This is what equaled "HATER"

(09-11-2020, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Dalton often looked like it was in a pickup game at his church picnic more than an NFL game against a hated rival or primetime/playoffs. I don’t want my QB praying with the enemy.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He ran out of Columbus with his tail between his legs when he didn't get his way.  Why wouldn't he do it here?

That’s an interesting take on what the kid had to do to earn a shot at starting somewhere. I just took a new position at a different company because they weren’t giving me the promotion I felt I deserved... guess I’m a coward damn.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The Dalton leadership wagon crashed & burned with these gems. Make sure your sound is up so you can hear the life sucked out of the team followed by their "I don't give a flying F@$%" response. This "leadership" is pitiful.

There is no "I don't give a flying F@$%" response.

So sad that you have to make up stuff like this just because you hate Dalton so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:44 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s an interesting take on what the kid had to do to earn a shot at starting somewhere. I just took a new position at a different company because they weren’t giving me the promotion I felt I deserved... guess I’m a coward damn.

So you quit because you did not get your way.

That is exactly what I was saying Burrow did.

BTW I never mentioned Palmer when talking about leadership.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you quit because you did not get your way.

That is exactly what I was saying Burrow did.

Ya but there is nothing cowardly about knowing how much you’re worth, believing in yourself and finding opportunity elsewhere.

I would say it would be more cowardly to step back and do nothing. It takes bravery to know your self worth and look to prove it elsewhere because you aren’t getting your shot.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

This is what equaled "HATER"

That’s not being a hater. It’s making a joke about his church boy personality. A true hater would never give any credit or say anything positive about a player they hated. Which was not the case for me with Dalton. I can link my first thread I ever started here in which I was very pro Dalton in the Fall of 2016 if you want proof.

I gave him plenty of props over the years when he actually played well. Thing is it happened so infrequently the last few years you don’t remember it. Believe it or not it is possible to like certain aspects of a player’s game, but not some others. Never liked the nice guy routine personally, but it would be silly to say he wasn’t pretty good at times for us.

I was a big fan of Burfict, but I hated that he couldn’t control himself. Liked a lot of his game, hated other parts. See the difference?

Anyway, yet another successful thread derailment by Fred. Well done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I only said our opinions don't matter on issues that only players would know like what happens in the lockerroom and in meetings that we have no clue about.

There is plenty of stuff that happens on the filed and in free agency and the draft that we can see and talk about.

Whatever happened to reading comprehension?

Oh, so you don't like words being put in your mouth?  Interesting and more than a little ironic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why do you guys keep engaging with Fred?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s not being a hater. It’s making a joke about his church boy personality. A true hater would never give any credit or say anything positive about a player they hated. Which was not the case for me with Dalton. I can link my first thread I ever started here in which I was very pro Dalton in the Fall of 2016 if you want proof.

I gave him plenty of props over the years when he actually played well. Thing is it happened so infrequently the last few years you don’t remember it. Believe it or not it is possible to like certain aspects of a player’s game, but not some others. Never liked the nice guy routine personally, but it would be silly to say he wasn’t pretty good at times for us.

I was a big fan of Burfict, but I hated that he couldn’t control himself. Liked a lot of his game, hated other parts. See the difference?

Anyway, yet another successful thread derailment by Fred. Well done.

I don't care how you used to feel.  The fact is that you don't just criticize Dalton's play.  You attack him on a personal level and actually make up reasons to hate on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:05 AM)Earendil Wrote: Why do you guys keep engaging with Fred?

Because they want to.

Because that is what people do on a message board.

The big question is why do you stalk me with questions like this?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't care how you used to feel.  The fact is that you don't just criticize Dalton's play. You attack him on a personal level and actually make up reasons to hate on him.

I didn’t make up anything. Dalton did laugh on the sideline during a playoff loss. He did make several pre-game speeches that were absolutely cringeworthy and downright embarrassing for an NFL starting QB. He did very seldom ever take charge of his team (chewing out an OL or WR), etc. I made none of that up. And based on all of that and more I formed my perception of him as a weak leader, and someone unable to get us over the hump. Whether you “care” or not I could give 0 *****.

You crying about someone attacking a player personally is pretty funny to me though, considering you do exactly that wIth players who are actually still BENGALS (Joe Mixon).

But Andy Dalton is warming the bench in Dallas now, so I’m content with not discussing him any further. We have a new QB, and to bring things back on the topic of the thread, he was just named captain as a rookie. I’d rather talk about that than the mostly mediocre career of Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they want to.

Because that is what people do on a message board.

The big question is why do you stalk me with questions like this?

You better take a breath and regroup. You're getting shredded in this thread. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t make up anything. Dalton did laugh on the sideline during a playoff loss. He did make several pre-game speeches that were absolutely cringeworthy and downright embarrassing for an NFL starting QB. He did very seldom ever take charge of his team (chewing out an OL or WR), etc. I made none of that up. And based on all of that and more I formed my perception of him as a weak leader, and someone unable to get us over the hump. Whether you “care” or not I could give 0 *****.

You crying about someone attacking a player personally is pretty funny to me though, considering you do exactly that wIth players who are actually still BENGALS (Joe Mixon).

But Andy Dalton is warming the bench in Dallas now, so I’m content with not discussing him any further. We have a new QB, and to bring things back on the topic of the thread, he was just named captain as a rookie. I’d rather talk about that than the mostly mediocre career of Andy Dalton.

It's not just Bengals fans. Anyone who ever saw his silly pregame "pep talks", made fun of them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not just Bengals fans. Anyone who ever saw his silly pregame "pep talks", made fun of them. 

Yep. Those videos posted look like they’re from a 9ers fan. Some embarrassing shit.

Reply/Quote
Palmer, Dalton, and Burrow were all selected as captains by their teammates, the people who know their leadership style the most. Who are we to judge their choices when we only see one aspect of their interactions. We see their game play and even that at a distance. The players know how their teammates behave in the locker room, in practice, and in their interactions in the real world. Leadership is more than a rah rah speech

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You better take a breath and regroup. You're getting shredded in this thread. 

By people who think they know more than the players about who is a good leader on the team?  Who cares?

Anyone who thinks pregame speeches are the basis for electing a Captain obviously never played the game above middle school level.

Still asking for the videos of Whitworth giving a pre-game speech.  When are you guys going to post those?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:55 AM)pally Wrote: Palmer, Dalton, and Burrow were all selected as captains by their teammates, the people who know their leadership style the most. Who are we to judge their choices when we only see one aspect of their interactions. We see their game play and even that at a distance. The players know how their teammates behave in the locker room, in practice, and in their interactions in the real world. Leadership is more than a rah rah speech

So were Burfict and Pacman. Just because they’re selected doesn’t mean they’re the right ones for the job, or particularly well suited for it.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: By people who think they know more than the players about who is a good leader on the team?  Who cares?

Anyone who thinks pregame speeches are the basis for electing a Captain obviously never played the game above middle school level.

Still asking for the videos of Whitworth giving a pre-game speech.  When are you guys going to post those?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: By people who think they know more than the players about who is a good leader on the team?  Who cares?

Reply/Quote
^THAT is a leader of men.

Reply/Quote