Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
Immediate upgrade, but it feels like we getting tier/wave 2 guys on day 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but he’s not currently a Bengal.

I.........did not know that
Reply/Quote
If Linderbaum falls to us, Kara’s can slide to LG. Can play all 3 IOL positions, and has done so. Good signing, proven winner, and a bargain IMO.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:52 PM)Yogo Wrote: Immediate upgrade, but it feels like we getting tier/wave 2 guys on day 1.

They got two guys for the price of Scherff, that was always going to be their strategy but by targeting them first before others who miss on tier 1 miss out they lock them up on a better deal. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I.........did not know that

I just meant we haven’t re-signed him yet. Not that he’s signed anywhere else (or decided to retire) that I know of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I believe the Alex Cappa signing and Tedd Karras signals another run scheme change.

Edit: I believe some people will love to hear I think Daniel Faalele is not back on the table.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I don't know this guy either. But he's ranked fairly well. Huge upgrades over our guys.
Reply/Quote
https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2022/03/patriots-lose-ted-karras-to-bengals-in-free-agency-on-three-year-deal-report.html

good write up
Reply/Quote
I love this take...

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
2021 PFF grades:

Ted Karras: 72.8
Alex Kappa: 74.2

A pair of solid guys who both blocked for Tom Brady at one point. Now they'll block for Joey B. Great start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve added 3 Super Bowl rings in under 2 hours…

Who's the other one besides Karras and Cappa? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:54 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I don't know this guy either. But he's ranked fairly well. Huge upgrades over our guys.

What’s his Madden Rating? That should tell us what we need to know, right?
Reply/Quote
I feel Karras will be the new C, not LG.
Maybe it makes sense to let Hopkins stay and compete with Carman for LG snaps.
Hopkins' best position could end up being there.
He definitely has the pass pro chops for it.

I could also see Karras covering LG this year with Carman grooming another year, leaving Hopkins at C.
Then Karras shifting over to C next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Who's the other one besides Karras and Cappa? 

Karras has won 2. Wink

Reply/Quote
Do we think he starts at C, or LG?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: They got two guys for the price of Scherff, that was always going to be their strategy but by targeting them first before others who miss on tier 1 miss out they lock them up on a better deal. 

OHHHH!!!   You mean the William Jackson III strategy.  I see.
Reply/Quote
Tomlinson just went to Jets for 3 years 42 million so it is apparent we were never playing in that sand box haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Karras has won 2. Wink

Ahhh.....that didn't register for some reason. We just took our biggest weaknesses on offense and made it above average. Like you said, the ol man wasn't ****ing around. Have we ever made FA news this early? I can't remember it if we have.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not sure if Albert Breer knows or is assuming but he just said Karras as a Center.
Reply/Quote