Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 02:57 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Do we think he starts at C, or LG?

Center. Hopkins is as good as gone. No way they pay all 3 guys on the IOL that much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
2 down 2 to go.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Center. Hopkins is as good as gone. No way they pay all 3 guys on the IOL that much.

Sweet.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I'd be fine with him playing RG

if Hopkins and Reiff are your worst starters, you prob have an average o-line

which is huge for this team

We just signed Alex Cappa to play RG
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: They got two guys for the price of Scherff, that was always going to be their strategy but by targeting them first before others who miss on tier 1 miss out they lock them up on a better deal. 

I love it. 

Everyone else can overpay for the big name super stars, just plug in immediate upgrades and solid players across the entire OL. It will make a world of difference. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2021 PFF grades:

Ted Karras: 72.8
Alex Kappa: 74.2

A pair of solid guys who both blocked for Tom Brady at one point. Now they'll block for Joey B. Great start.

Agreed...

[Image: 3jgukd.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Karras is big for a ton of reasons. Versatility. With injuries you just have to have it. Hopkins is signed I’d bet he’s a reserve that can play center or guard. If you’ve got guys in the OL who are versatile you can carry 8.
Reply/Quote
Ted Karras? I must be dreaming. Quick! Sign Morgan Moses before I wake up.
Reply/Quote
Taking the correct approach to the offseason. Bring in more guys for that line now!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll be curious to hear what the plan is here. Wonder if it is based on draft and if a center falls to us he kicks out to guard or plays Center and Carman gets a crack at LG. 

As mentioned earlier, not he also comes from a winning organization.

This is one I wanted as a steal if PFFs raw projection of 4.5M/yr was accurate. 6M is more like it, he has shown the talent to start and versatility.  Solid move. 
Reply/Quote
A couple no nonsense winners who have both won Super Bowls with Brady and are tough as nails. Neither is a Pro Bowl guy, but both upgrades from what we had. Especially Cappa over Adeniji.

Will be interesting to see what the plan is for Karras, LG or C. Might depend on how the draft goes. If Linderbaum falls to us, then RG (edit, LG). If we take Zion Johnson or Green, then likely C. How the rest of FA plays out will impact things as well. Do we need to save Hopkins' $6 mil or not? Not so far.

RT still a major issue. DT becoming one with Ogunjobi gone, but no way we were gonna pay him $13 mil per year. CB & TE. We could shift towards our own guys soon.
Reply/Quote
overall kinda disappointed. budget mid tier signings off the rip

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ted Karras? I must be dreaming.  Quick!  Sign Morgan Moses before I wake up.

Or trade for Collins. Based on the current trend, Bengals will go for youth and skill before they go after aging, average guys. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
some people want to call Burrow the next Brady, well they just signed 2 Brady guys to protect him
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple no nonsense winners who have both won Super Bowls with Brady and are tough as nails. Neither is a Pro Bowl guy, but both upgrades from what we had. Especially Cappa over Adeniji.  

Will be interesting to see what the plan is for Karras, LG or C. Might depend on how the draft goes. If Linderbaum falls to us, then RG. If we take Zion Johnson or Green, then likely C. How the rest of FA plays out will impact things as well. Do we need to save Hopkins' $6 mil or not? Not so far.

RT still a major issue. DT becoming one with Ogunjobi gone, but no way we were gonna pay him $13 mil per year. CB & TE. We could shift towards our own guys soon.

Cappa is RG not Karras. He'll be C or LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: overall kinda disappointed.  budget mid tier signings off the rip

yes and they both improve the offensive line. Now there's no glaring hole at RG anymore

RT is the next position to be dealt with
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Great bloodlines; he's the 3rd namesake in his family. Father, grandfather and great uncles all played (all but one uncle had long careers) and one of them is in the HoF.

I was wondering if he was related to Alex Karras.  Yesssssss!

For you youngsters, Alex Karras was an absolute bad ass DT for the Lions.  I spent many Thanksgiving Days watching him beat the shit out of Packers guards.

How bad ass was he, you ask?

He punched out a horse in Blazing Saddles.  Totally in character.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple no nonsense winners who have both won Super Bowls with Brady and are tough as nails. Neither is a Pro Bowl guy, but both upgrades from what we had. Especially Cappa over Adeniji.  

Will be interesting to see what the plan is for Karras, LG or C. Might depend on how the draft goes. If Linderbaum falls to us, then RG. If we take Zion Johnson or Green, then likely C. How the rest of FA plays out will impact things as well. Do we need to save Hopkins' $6 mil or not? Not so far.

DT has become a need, but at least this draft is deep till the 2nd round of good DTs, mostly run stuffers though.
Reply/Quote
What's that smell? Oh...Nevermind , it was Hobson crapping himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:05 PM)pulses Wrote: Cappa is RG not Karras. He'll be C or LG.

I knew that, but still typed RG anyway. Fixed it. 
Reply/Quote