Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
Death count up to 50

Glad to see you posting lucie, thought it might have been you
People suck
(06-12-2016, 04:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Except he's the only one that is POTUS - guess you kind of missed that point.  

Although I suppose it's beneath the dignity of the Office to wait 12 hours before politicizing a tragedy.

"This is a reminder how easy it is to get assault weapons".  No shit, a reminder?  We needed a "reminder"?  Gotta call attention to it in case we didn't mind the reminder?

If folks like me and you are upset over his insistent omission of the ideology that motivates these and other acts of terror imagine how the families feel.

I don't think there was an outrage over ropes during the CRM.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yes, heaven forbid the POTUS mention the weapon used in a mass killing...again.

But not mention the religion of the killer.

Where are is manners.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2016, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If folks like me and you are upset over his insistent omission of the ideology that motivates these and other acts of terror imagine how the families feel.

I don't think there was an outrage over ropes during the CRM.

I'm not upset over him omitting anything.  I'm annoyed that he chose to politicize it as first opportunity.  And he's done it before, and I don't really have a problem with it....except maybe wait more than 12 hours to do so.  Others are going to do it - we're doing it, I'm doing it - but I expect the POTUS in national remarks to be above that.
--------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 13442250_10204985972329371_6297683472468...e=57D27241]
(06-12-2016, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, heaven forbid the POTUS mention the weapon used in a mass killing...again.

The bodies aren't even cold yet.  You think he can allow people some time to grieve without exploiting this to comment on gun control? And I think you agreed with me on that, until you realized that Obama actually said that and now you're in fully apologist mode.

At least he acknowledged it as terrorism.  I suppose that's progress.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-12-2016, 04:46 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The bodies aren't even cold yet.  You think he can allow people some time to grieve without exploiting this to comment on gun control?  And I think you agreed with me on that, until you realized that Obama actually said that and now you're in fully apologist mode.

At least he acknowledged it as terrorism.  I suppose that's progress.

So what is your time limit before he can mention that more innocent people were shot with a gun?

24 hours? A week?  A day before the next shooting?
(06-12-2016, 04:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not upset over him omitting anything.  I'm annoyed that he chose to politicize it as first opportunity.  And he's done it before, and I don't really have a problem with it....except maybe wait more than 12 hours to do so.  Others are going to do it - we're doing it, I'm doing it - but I expect the POTUS in national remarks to be above that.

I expect the President to be outraged. Guess we aren't on the same sheet. I really have no problem with him mentioning guns and I thought he conveyed his thoughts about the victims well. My issue is he omits the ideology that motivates such murders. 

It is exactly the same as a President coming out after a lynching and saying: We got to do something about these ropes. 

This whole world is becoming a disgusting place. I'm moving to Mars.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(06-12-2016, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Getting your updates from MSNBC?

BBC
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Just looked up where the guy lived. Fort Pierce is typically a rough place.

Everyone around here has guns so it's not a surprise that had them as well. What I find hard to believe is his visit to Saudi Arabia should have been a huge red flag that he was up to no good.

On Obama .... It's hard to respect this guy. I can't stand the whole "act of terror" .... Scared to use terrorism. We all knew he would blame guns and those who own them so that's not a surprise.

It wouldn't be Obama if he wasn't blaming guns, white people, and America..... While protecting Muslims and terrorists.

What a joke...
Islamic State claims responsibility.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/islamic-state-claims-responsibility-for-orlando-shooting/article/2593675?custom_click=rss

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
This was the act of an individual. I understand there are reports of him having extremist leanings and pledging allegiance to ISIS. But I also understand it was a one sided thing. He wasn't trained by them, they didn't plan this, he acted this out without any guidance beyond his own irrational hatred. This, of course, is all subject to us finding out more information but he would have done this with or without the existence of ISIS in my opinion.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-12-2016, 05:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was the act of an individual. I understand there are reports of him having extremist leanings and pledging allegiance to ISIS. But I also understand it was a one sided thing. He wasn't trained by them, they didn't plan this, he acted this out without any guidance beyond his own irrational hatred. This, of course, is all subject to us finding out more information but he would have done this with or without the existence of ISIS in my opinion.

This is the biggest logical failure of those that look to apologize for radical Islam.

It is the ideology of radical Islam and the message they sell. Just because al-Bagdadhi didn't get on the phone and tell him to go down there and kill all those folks; doesn't mean he and others should not be held responsible. 

This "lone wolf" mentality just serves to make us ignorant. How many lone wolves do you need before you realize there's a pack?

(06-12-2016, 05:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Islamic State claims responsibility.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/islamic-state-claims-responsibility-for-orlando-shooting/article/2593675?custom_click=rss

Of course they are responsible.

(06-12-2016, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the biggest logical failure of those that look to apologize for radical Islam.

It is the ideology of radical Islam and the message they sell. Just because al-Bagdadhi didn't get on the phone and tell him to go down there and kill all those folks; doesn't mean he and others should not be held responsible. 

This "lone wolf" mentality just serves to make us ignorant. How many lone wolves do you need before you realize there's a pack?

Travel to Saudi Arabia should have set off alarms everywhere on this guy.   
(06-12-2016, 05:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What I find hard to believe is his visit to Saudi Arabia should have been a huge red flag that he was up to no good.  

Yeah, because Muslims visiting Saudi Arabia should always be a red flag...

hajj

or haj, hadj

[haj] 
Spell Syllables
  • Examples
  • Word Origin
noun, plural hajjes.
the pilgrimage to Mecca, which every adult Muslim is supposed tomake at least once in his or her lifetime: the fifth of the Pillars ofIslam.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah, because Muslims visiting Saudi Arabia should always be a red flag...

hajj

or haj, hadj

[haj] 
Spell Syllables

• Examples
  • Word Origin
noun, plural hajjes.
the pilgrimage to Mecca, which every adult Muslim is supposed tomake at least once in his or her lifetime: the fifth of the Pillars ofIslam.

In today's global climate it is appropriate for anyone making that trip to go through additonal screening.   Just like in the Cold War if anyone traveled to or from the USSR they were given and extra look.    Same with the Germans, etc.    this is not a new concept and certainly an appropriate measure for national security.   

Better than listening/collecting my aunt's phone calls to her grandson.  Which we somehow find the ability to do....   
(06-12-2016, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Travel to Saudi Arabia should have set off alarms everywhere on this guy.   

I really don't care where the guy went to visit. He is just a tree; I'd rather focus on the forest. When you have an organization claiming responsibility and cheering the killing of 50 innocent Americans on our soil; it is time to disregard PC and solve the issue. 

I heard it presented earlier as a battle between liberties and security. 

Unfortunately every special interest group is going to spin this horrible tragedy into reinforcing how their view is correct and after all the arguing there will be another mass shooting and it will start all over again with the same results..