Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
(06-12-2016, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't care where the guy went to visit. He is just a tree; I'd rather focus on the forest. When you have an organization claiming responsibility and cheering the killing of 50 innocent Americans on our soil; it is time to disregard PC and solve the issue. 

I heard it presented earlier as a battle between liberties and security. 

Love to hear how but you won't respond to someone who calls out your BS.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2016, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't care where the guy went to visit. He is just a tree; I'd rather focus on the forest. When you have an organization claiming responsibility and cheering the killing of 50 innocent Americans on our soil; it is time to disregard PC and solve the issue. 

I heard it presented earlier as a battle between liberties and security. 

Which is why we should be targeting our efforts at anyone traveling or communicating with that region.   

profiling should be done.   
(06-12-2016, 06:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: Unfortunately every special interest group is going to spin this horrible tragedy into reinforcing how their view is correct and after all the arguing there will be another mass shooting and it will start all over again with the same results..

Mass shooting or terrorist attack?   

Mass shooting is used for the attack on the second amendment.   And terrorism is used to promote more overall NSA spying.   

Pick whatever special interest you prefer.    

Personally I would use the NSA to profile anyone connected to these hot zones for terrorists.  Then leave the rest of us be... 
On a side note Zona. That photo in your sig is creepy as heck. The look on prince's face is creepy.
(06-12-2016, 06:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mass shooting or terrorist attack?   

Mass shooting is used for the attack on the second amendment.   And terrorism is used to promote more overall NSA spying.   

Pick whatever special interest you prefer.    

Personally I would use the NSA to profile anyone connected to these hot zones for terrorists.  Then leave the rest of us be... 

Who is us?

You act like the government will look and say "there's a white christian...don't look at them.  Follow that brown guy in case he does something.  Lucy said so."

Us vs them.  Typical and sad.
(06-12-2016, 04:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not upset over him omitting anything.  I'm annoyed that he chose to politicize it as first opportunity.  And he's done it before, and I don't really have a problem with it....except maybe wait more than 12 hours to do so.  Others are going to do it - we're doing it, I'm doing it - but I expect the POTUS in national remarks to be above that.

Its hard for the highest elected politician in th country to say something and it not to become politicized. It was a mass shooting. Unless we have mass shootings with bows and arrows that i am unaware of, its kind of hard to speak about a mass shooting and not talk about the shooting part which involves gun/s. The gun topic is unavoidable when the conversation is about a mass shooting.
(06-12-2016, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the biggest logical failure of those that look to apologize for radical Islam.

It is the ideology of radical Islam and the message they sell. Just because al-Bagdadhi didn't get on the phone and tell him to go down there and kill all those folks; doesn't mean he and others should not be held responsible. 

This "lone wolf" mentality just serves to make us ignorant. How many lone wolves do you need before you realize there's a pack?

Except there was no apology there for radical Islam. Working to end extremism is important, but using incidents like this to say simply "we need to be working harder to fight ISIS" is ignorant of what the actual problems are. It is politicizing the event and it is playing into the hands of ISIS by giving them attention.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-12-2016, 06:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except there was no apology there for radical Islam. Working to end extremism is important, but using incidents like this to say simply "we need to be working harder to fight ISIS" is ignorant of what the actual problems are. It is politicizing the event and it is playing into the hands of ISIS by giving them attention.

I didn't mention ISIS anywhere in the response you quoted, but you mentioned it twice in your reply. 

And of course there was an apology. "Don't blame Radical Islam. blame this guy. because he would have done it anyway". Not sure how much more of an apology you could have made short of blaming the victims. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-12-2016, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its hard for the highest elected politician in th country to say something and it not to become politicized. It was a mass shooting. Unless we have mass shootings with bows and arrows that i am unaware of, its kind of hard to speak about a mass shooting and not talk about the shooting part which involves gun/s. The gun topic is unavoidable when the conversation is about a mass shooting.

No it's not.  You can talk about a mass shooting without making a point about gun laws.  He certainly did not have to politicize his speech - and it's as simple as deleting those few lines from the teleprompter - but chose to do so anyway.  No crisis wasted and all that.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-12-2016, 06:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who is us?

You act like the government will look and say "there's a white christian...don't look at them.  Follow that brown guy in case he does something.  Lucy said so."

Us vs them.  Typical and sad.

Those of us who have zero ties to regions where terrorism is previlant.   I would actually accept and deal with if my family got extra scrutiny given the loose connections to Russia by Belarus.   If we had to jump through more hoops than normal I would understand.    I certainly jump through them when i visit there for being an American.  

Once again not about skin colour or religion.  
(06-12-2016, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't mention ISIS anywhere in the response you quoted, but you mentioned it twice in your reply. 

And of course there was an apology. "Don't blame Radical Islam. blame this guy. because he would have done it anyway". Not sure how much more of an apology you could have made short of blaming the victims. 

I used ISIS because it is the current day representation of radical Islam. My implications were to not give ISIS the kind of attention they seek by tying it to them, you inferred something different. You were, and are wrong.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I'd rather the topic brought up every time this happened to be religion. You are either legit crazy or religious beliefs drove you to to do it. The gun didnt make you do shit. A book written by man led to the thought process that enabled you to think it was reasonable to take the life of fellow human beings in the name of the magic man in the sky.
(06-12-2016, 06:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those of us who have zero ties to regions where terrorism is previlant.   I would actually accept and deal with if my family got extra scrutiny given the loose connections to Russia by Belarus.   If we had to jump through more hoops than normal I would understand.    I certainly jump through them when i visit there for being an American.  

Once again not about skin colour or religion.  

No you wouldn't.  You'd com,plain about progressives in the government trampling on your rights.

At least don't lie about it.
(06-12-2016, 06:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd rather the topic brought up every time this happened to be religion. You are either legit crazy or religious beliefs drove you to to do it. The gun didnt make you do shit. A book written by man led to the thought process that enabled you to think it was reasonable to take the life of fellow human beings in the name of the magic man in the sky.

Psychosis doesn't happen in a few months, typically. It takes years to develop. The people who do this have that in then, they just need direction on a target.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/06/12/westboro-baptist-church-gay-victims-of-nightclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Quote:Westboro Baptist Church: Gay Victims of Nightclub Massacre Brought Death Upon Themselves

June 12, 2016 by Hemant Mehta 87 Comments

In a series of tweets today, Westboro Baptist Church, the extremist Christian cult that is pretty much the definition of a faith-based hate group, claimed that the victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre brought their murders upon themselves because they were gay.

Mellow
(06-12-2016, 07:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/06/12/westboro-baptist-church-gay-victims-of-nightclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Mellow

Between incendiary tweets and their stance on commercial cake baking, they are problably the most dangerous group in America right now.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-12-2016, 07:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/06/12/westboro-baptist-church-gay-victims-of-nightclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Mellow

Your painting is very broad.
Any idea of what verse his previous post was ?
(06-12-2016, 07:51 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Your painting is very broad.

Really?  Oh!  Only works one way.  Got it.

Rock On
(06-12-2016, 07:55 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Any idea of what verse his previous post was ?

Not sure I follow.  The first verse in the one in the story.  Then he changed it because he didn't mean what he was accused of meaning...I guess.