Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas responds to Obama and his bathroom dream
(05-14-2016, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know YOU didn't...but YOU had to defend Lucy who did say it.

But carry on...

Of the modern era .... He is one of the tops.   
(05-14-2016, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know YOU didn't...but YOU had to defend Lucy who did say it.

But carry on...

Wasn't my intent to defend anybody; just wanted to point out a bullshit meme.

I'm not a fan of misinformation; but to each their own.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-14-2016, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't my intent to defend anybody; just wanted to point out a bullshit meme.

I'm not a fan of misinformation; but to each their own.

Shocked

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Two things.

First, when a hurricane hits or some gas plant blows up. Texas will enact every federal policy faster than those disaster dollars can roll in.

Second, everyone arguing about transgender bathroom bills are morons. This was not an issue until some lawmakers in Carolina wanted to keep minimum wage at $7.25. You're all looking one way while everyone else is getting screwed the other. Congratulations!
(05-15-2016, 12:30 AM)Benton Wrote: Two things.

First, when a hurricane hits or some gas plant blows up. Texas will enact every federal policy faster than those disaster dollars can roll in.

Second, everyone arguing about transgender bathroom bills are morons. This was not an issue until some lawmakers in Carolina wanted to keep minimum wage at $7.25. You're all looking one way while everyone else is getting screwed the other. Congratulations!

Excellent reason to disband FEMA.   
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/blogs/2016/05/13/ky-gov-bevin-schools-resist-obama-transgender-intimidation/84332296/

Kentucky won't stand for this either.

The only standing will be men peeing in the men's restroom .
(05-15-2016, 12:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Excellent reason to disband FEMA.   

Serious question, how would that work out? The money for that budget would be used elsewhere on the federal level, because goodness knows we have a ton of debt we need to manage. So you would lose the federal agency and force states to rely on their own versions, which aren't capable of handling the events on their own.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-15-2016, 12:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Excellent reason to disband FEMA.   

FEMA never should have been extended the authority it was. Bush did a lot of dumb thing, but most of them had expiration dates. That was one of the few that was permanent.

That said, disasters rarely recognize state lines. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other events can effect multiple states. Local agncies without interlocal agreements have a hard enough time working together, agencies between states I imagine would be worse. Plus there's always the issue of who is funding what. Having a federal agency overseeing that and being responsible for reimbursement only makes sense.
This thread seriously got derailed. We went from people taking a dump in private to FEMA. Cool
(05-15-2016, 10:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question, how would that work out? The money for that budget would be used elsewhere on the federal level, because goodness knows we have a ton of debt we need to manage. So you would lose the federal agency and force states to rely on their own versions, which aren't capable of handling the events on their own.

If people paid for their own repairs prices go down.   Mellow

And if they don't like it they can move.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Staes do not have the resources to handle many natural disaters. FEMA has been mismanaged but even people who hate the federal government should agree that taking care of huge natural disasters should be one of its functions.
(05-14-2016, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't Hillary in Obama's administration?

As to the OP here is my "official" view on same-sex facilities:

The government should not tell private companies who can use what. If they say male use male and female use female or if they sat men use men and women use women; it is their choice and no one is being discriminated. If a customer is uncomfortable with the business's policy then take you business (pun intended) elsewhere.

The government must speak on public facilities such as those in public schools and government buildings. To me that one comes down to which population the public policy discriminates against the most. I am just of the opinion that our current culture is much more in-tuned with using facilities that match your body, not your mind. If you are uncomfortable using the facility that matches your body; either get over it long enough to do what you got to do, hold it, or go elsewhere (the same advice would be given to someone that is uncomfortable with males using female facilities and vice versa).

The optimal option would be to assign a third gender-neutral facility. But I have read cases where some feel discriminated against because they must use those.

If this is the way you really feel than start a movement to repesal the Civil Rights Act.
(05-15-2016, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this is the way you really feel than start a movement to repesal the Civil Rights Act.

Why would I want to repeal the CRA?

I said government must relegate public facilities. As to the new populations I feel there needs to be an update in Congress. We have gone from Congress making laws to the Executive and Judicial branch making them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-15-2016, 10:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question, how would that work out? The money for that budget would be used elsewhere on the federal level, because goodness knows we have a ton of debt we need to manage. So you would lose the federal agency and force states to rely on their own versions, which aren't capable of handling the events on their own.

I think we would be ok with a state version.   But actually I don't think we need any governemnt disaster help.  

Most of these needs can be met privately.    And there is a risk of living in certain areas.   Even down here in Florida people who live on the ocean are asking for trouble.   I don't think they need money to rebuild.   They accepted the risk of living where they live.  
(05-15-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Staes do not have the resources to handle many natural disaters.  FEMA has been mismanaged but even people who hate the federal government should agree that taking care of huge natural disasters should be one of its functions.

So it's always mismanagement?  Whether it's FEMA, public schools, VA.....   Too bad all these have 1 thing in common....  The government.    So I guess they aren't capable of running these programs and should be closed. 
Action : North Carolina lawmaking twats try to make a point with the bathroom bill, ie made a mountain out of molehill. Idiots.

Reaction: Obama's administration strong-arms & threatens all public schools in the U.S. with federal funding if they dont comply with allowing kids that identify with the other sex to use bathrooms, lockerrooms, and even sports teams apparently.

My solution: Instead of bathrooms saying men or women, just have an image of a penis or vagina on the doors. Problem solved.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-15-2016, 12:06 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: This thread seriously got derailed.  We went from people taking a dump in private to FEMA.  Cool

Back on track.

[Image: 8ijwnZf.jpg]
Title IX refers to sex not gender if I'm not mistaken. This whole thing is plain nonsense. Over the last several years, I've tried to become more open minded, but enough already. Locker rooms? I think the whole problem is we are trying to pretend that this is not a mental disorder. Your entire DNA, chromosomes and genes say you are a man or a woman, but this little part of your brain says differently. In what world is that not a mental disorder?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-15-2016, 02:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: Back on track.

[Image: 8ijwnZf.jpg]

Your meme isn't really accurate though.   "A" For effort though. Rock On
(05-16-2016, 11:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Title IX refers to sex not gender if I'm not mistaken.  This whole thing is plain nonsense.  Over the last several years, I've tried to become more open minded, but enough already.  Locker rooms?  I think the whole problem is we are trying to pretend that this is not a mental disorder.  Your entire DNA, chromosomes and genes say you are a man or a woman, but this little part of your brain says differently.  In what world is that not a mental disorder?

I have also tried to be more open minded but it never stops.   They always want to push it further and further and see where they can take the limits.    At some point we have to use common sense and reality.    These are troubled people and there is no need to play along with their delusions.