Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas responds to Obama and his bathroom dream
(05-16-2016, 01:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I'm within that group. There is no doubt. I think we should introduce children to all sorts of things starting at a young age. The key is the level of information we give them about it is dependent upon their age. But, that's my opinion on it. I like to be open with information like that and you wouldn't be able to change my mind. I don't expect to change the mind of anyone that has different notions because to change your mind on an issue like this it has to come from a paradigm shifting life experience, not from a stranger on the internet telling you that you are wrong.

Yup.   That's why I always appreciate the fact you and I can always agree to disagree and move on to a new topic.   
Just to get this straight, some of you have no problem with say a physically male 8th grader changing for gym class in the girls locker room? Or showering in a communal shower in high school?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-16-2016, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

But these laws do nothing to stop "real men" from going in and attacking "real women".  How did they help?

Actual men can't go into the women's bathroom.   Yes anyone can sneak in but vigilance is high and people are prepared to spot a man going into the restroom and alerting someone.   With these Obama bathroom dreams the vigilance will stop because they will think it's a ______.
(05-16-2016, 01:53 PM)Griever Wrote: what safety issue? Can you even provide anything that shows an actual transgender molesting a child or assaulting a woman?

posting an article of a guy dressing up and pretending doesnt count. Thats what we call a pervert and a criminal, and thats illegal already. We can't disriminate based on hypothetical what if scenarios that never happen

im sure i can find a list of conservatives that have done what you are accusing the transgender of hypothetically doing.

Right now, I see you as sounding like Josh Duggar. One who warns against the dangers of homosexuality when in reality,he's the real danger

Well isn't Bruce Jenner pretending?   He is already planning his morph back to dude.   

Would he be a pervert?  By your definition.... 
(05-16-2016, 01:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just to get this straight, some of you have no problem with say a physically male 8th grader changing for gym class in the girls locker room?  Or showering in a communal shower in high school?

It is a complex issue with showers and children.

Personally I'd bet more transgender youth would refrain from showering at all...so that would be moot.  but some among us believe boys will dress as girls juse to see some 8th grade booty like their watched too many episodes of "Bosom Buddies".

However the hue and cry about "bathrooms" is silly and deserving of being pointed out as such.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2016, 02:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well isn't Bruce Jenner pretending?   He is already planning his morph back to dude.   

Would he be a pervert?  By your definition.... 

You took one story about it, which I posted a story refuting it and accept it as fact.

that shows all we need to know about your "thoughts" on the subject.
(05-16-2016, 01:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actual men can't go into the women's bathroom.   Yes anyone can sneak in but vigilance is high and people are prepared to spot a man going into the restroom and alerting someone.   With these Obama bathroom dreams the vigilance will stop because they will think it's a ______.

What did the law passed in NC do to stop "real men" from hurting "real women"?

Answer: Nothing.

But it DID stop towns from raising the minimum wage and allowed for people to be fire (with no legal recourse) for being non-straight.
(05-16-2016, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is a complex issue with showers and children.

Personally I'd bet more transgender youth would refrain from showering at all...so that would be moot.  but some among us believe boys will dress as girls juse to see some 8th grade booty like their watched too many episodes of "Bosom Buddies".

However the hue and cry about "bathrooms" is silly and deserving of being pointed out as such.

I'm willing to swallow some of my objections when it comes to bathrooms, because we are probably talking stalls in every case.  Basically you wouldn't even know.  Locker rooms and showers though is just too far for me.  Even if nobody is pretending in order to get a peek.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-16-2016, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is a complex issue with showers and children.

I'm not going to lie....
As an 8th grader, you're damn right I would have finagle my way into that locker room to see some booty.
I'd claim gender-fluid and they'd attempt to "fix" me, when I sighed about how terribly confusing my life was.
I'd probably let most of the guys in on my ploy, as not to be attacked.
I'd possibly even sell pictures.

You really have to take yourself back to what was really going on in your brain at that time.
Hormones are a funny thing.
I will say that the plan had no way of really working, as a boner would totally have blown my cover.
Big Grin
(05-16-2016, 06:24 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I will say that the plan had no way of really working, as a boner would totally have blown my cover.
Big Grin

Nothing to do with it.  If you're a woman trapped in a man's body, why couldn't you also be a gay woman?

This argument should fail on its own logic - if a transgender is uncomfortable in a bathroom around a sex they don't identify with, then why should people of the opposite sex have to be comfortable around them?

That's what I just don't get about this silly little debate about a biological defect affecting a tiny percentage of the population.  The solution is not to make more people uncomfortable to accommodate a person who has an issue they need to learn to deal with.  And, I'm sorry, but public bathrooms and locker rooms in general aren't the most comfortable experience for many people.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-16-2016, 07:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Nothing to do with it.  If you're a woman trapped in a man's body, why couldn't you also be a gay woman?

This is true.
Do you think it would be beneficial to sit, pretend to cry, and proclaim how I don't know why it is happening ?
Maybe roll in a little Judy Blume reference, or two ?
Chicks would eat that up, right ?

(Again.. 8th grade hypothetical here)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/16/transgender-black-leaders-oppose/

Interesting 

Quote:Black Activists Condemn Obama’s Transgender Shower Room Claim

[Image: people-protest-bathroom-bill-in-north-ca...40x480.jpg]AP Photo/Emery P. Dalesio, File

by AUSTIN RUSE16 May 20161,113

Black leaders slammed President Barack Obama’s order that men who claim to be female must be allowed to shower with normal women and girls, and also his claim that federal support for transgenders and “gender identity” is just like the campaign to win equal civil rights for African-Americans.
The “ridiculous transgender/civil rights movement comparison [is” insulting and disrespectful,” said Nadra Enzi, a New Orleans anti-crime activist.
OUR NEWSLETTER
Quote:
Quote:Once again the Black experience is hijacked by individuals whose contempt and desperation is obvious! Middle- and upper-income Whites in search of artificial oppressed person status can do so without using our history to prop up delusional defenses.

“Comparing gender dysphoria to innate characteristics such as race is a bridge too far for scientific-minded individuals, but not for the organized left,” said Stacey Washington, Emmy-nominated TV personality and talk show host on KFTK 97.1 FM in St. Louis. “The idea that a mentally ill person should assume the mantle of civil rights so hard-fought and won by black Americans is insulting.”
On May 9, for example, Obama’s deputy, Attorney General Loretta Lynch blasted a North Carolina law that affirms single-sex bathrooms, but which also lets people use opposite-sex bathrooms after they go through a sex-change operation.

Quote:This is not the first time that we have seen discriminatory responses to historic moments of progress for our nation. We saw it in the Jim Crow laws that followed the Emancipation Proclamation … State-sanctioned discrimination never looks good in hindsight. It was not so very long ago that states, including North Carolina, had signs above restrooms, water fountains and on public accommodations keeping people out based upon a distinction without a difference. We have moved beyond those dark days, but not without pain and suffering and an ongoing fight to keep moving forward.

Washington and Hicks are members of Project 21, a coalition of black leaders organized by the National Center for Public Policy Research.
“As a minister of the Lord Jesus Christ, who happens to be Black by His design, I am thoroughly outraged that Obama would think he could even suggest, no less implement, such madness as ‘gender identity’ and ‘transgender rights.'” said Reverend Steven Louis Craft. “We in this nation are under satanic attack when people cannot even discern that there are only two sexes, male and female.”
“Such a move will destroy our schools as our children and grandchildren will be intimidated and confused,” said Emery McClendon. “The focus in our learning institutions shout be on the three ‘R’s, and on preparing our children for adulthood, the job market, and higher learning … schools are already failing, and this move will place our education system at risk of a collapse.”

advertisement

“It is important that all of this liberal and leftist angst and claims of victimization be put in a proper context,”  California political analyst Joe Hicks said. “Only 0.3 percent of the nation’s population identifies as transgender,” he said, adding that “the entire LGBT population is estimated to be 3.4 percent.”
Project 21 was founded in 1992. It is led by frequent television pundit Cherylyn Harley LeBon and by constitutional law professor Horace Cooper.
Project 21 members include Niger Innes, Dr. Day Gardner, president of the National Black Pro-Life Union, pro-life leader Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, and national syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock.
(05-16-2016, 07:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Nothing to do with it.  If you're a woman trapped in a man's body, why couldn't you also be a gay woman?

This argument should fail on its own logic - if a transgender is uncomfortable in a bathroom around a sex they don't identify with, then why should people of the opposite sex have to be comfortable around them?

That's what I just don't get about this silly little debate about a biological defect affecting a tiny percentage of the population.  The solution is not to make more people uncomfortable to accommodate a person who has an issue they need to learn to deal with.  And, I'm sorry, but public bathrooms and locker rooms in general aren't the most comfortable experience for many people.

Bolded is a good point.

I still don't understand why everyone is looking at everyone else's privates in the bathroom.

Other than Larry who says he watches guys wash their dicks in the sink, that is.

Maybe that's what makes you uncomfortable?  That you're looking?
(05-16-2016, 10:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: I still don't understand why everyone is looking at everyone else's privates in the bathroom.

Other than Larry who says he watches guys wash their dicks in the sink, that is.

It's amazing how many public restrooms I've been in and never seen a guy wash his dick in the sink.  Unfortunately most of these morons don't understand statistical significance, so doesn't even matter.  
(05-16-2016, 10:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: I still don't understand why everyone is looking at everyone else's privates in the bathroom.

Once again..... Who is Larry?  And why do you like to talk about him? 

Because nudity happens in a locker room.  It's a fact of life.  You don't have to be looking for it to be unable to avoid seeing it.

And the problem with these laws is locker rooms are also bathrooms, normally.  If people were comfortable about showering with people of the opposite sex, there'd be a lot more unisex locker rooms.  Common sense would say it IS about sex, and not gender. 

We try to accommodate people with disabilities, within reason.  But we don't turn the world upside down for them - they still have to learn to cope and manage with their disability.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-17-2016, 01:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Once again..... Who is Larry?  And why do you like to talk about him? 

Larry Fine.
[Image: actor_20729.jpg]

And I mentioned him because he is the only one who claims to see, often or regularly, men washing their dicks in bathroom "common mirrors" and sinks. Ask him.
(05-17-2016, 01:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Because nudity happens in a locker room.  It's a fact of life.  You don't have to be looking for it to be unable to avoid seeing it.

And the problem with these laws is locker rooms are also bathrooms, normally.  If people were comfortable about showering with people of the opposite sex, there'd be a lot more unisex locker rooms.  Common sense would say it IS about sex, and not gender. 

We try to accommodate people with disabilities, within reason.  But we don't turn the world upside down for them - they still have to learn to cope and manage with their disability.

We've been round and round on this.  Odds are good a transgender will not take a shower or go into the showers out of their own need to maintain some privacy IF they use the room with their gender.

Also in all my years in a gym locker room  I have successfully avoided looking at each and every private part to see who is in there with me.

And it was called a "bathroom bill" even though it had almost nothing to do with bathrooms.  If there was a true concern it would been a "locker room shower" bill.  
(05-17-2016, 07:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: We've been round and round on this.  Odds are good a transgender will not take a shower or go into the showers out of their own need to maintain some privacy IF they use the room with their gender.

Also in all my years in a gym locker room  I have successfully avoided looking at each and every private part to see who is in there with me.

And it was called a "bathroom bill" even though it had almost nothing to do with bathrooms.  If there was a true concern it would been a "locker room shower" bill.  

But the new thing out of Washington includes locker rooms, which for me is too far.