Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas responds to Obama and his bathroom dream
Don't get suspended over a troll. I've been much happier since I put trolls on my ignore list and haven't had to see their flooding of bigotry on the boards. Just a suggestion to others.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-19-2016, 07:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Don't get suspended over a troll. I've been much happier since I put trolls on my ignore list and haven't had to see their flooding of bigotry on the boards. Just a suggestion to others.

Pat is a weenie faced nerd boy. (just checking)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Pat's mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-18-2016, 08:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: There is no shower in the bathroom at McDonald's.  there is distinct difference.

Sure.  But many locker rooms DON'T have a separation.  That's what an actual distinction without a difference means.

No one said anything until transgenders, or their advocates, made it an issue.  And now they don't like that people are saying "no, I don't want your transgender **** in the locker room".

Common sense fails again.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-19-2016, 07:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Don't get suspended over a troll. I've been much happier since I put trolls on my ignore list and haven't had to see their flooding of bigotry on the boards. Just a suggestion to others.

Unfortunately I'm unable to call a spade a spade. You're a better man than I for being able to walk away.  Thankfully I dont live in FL. 
(05-21-2016, 09:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately I'm unable to call a spade a spade. You're a better man than I for being able to walk away.  Thankfully I dont live in FL. 

Haha you would love it ...   Come on down and we will have you straightened out in no time.  
(05-21-2016, 09:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately I'm unable to call a spade a spade. You're a better man than I for being able to walk away.  Thankfully I dont live in FL. 

crap i live in florida
People suck
(05-23-2016, 11:46 AM)Griever Wrote: crap i live in florida

*points and laughs*
(05-23-2016, 12:55 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *points and laughs*

not because i want too

this place sucks
People suck
Looks like another School district has tried to protect itself from an over-reaching POTUS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/va-school-board-votes-to-require-students-use-bathrooms-matching-their-biological-gender-230620366.html

Quote:A Virginia school board has voted unanimously in favor of requiring students to use locker rooms and bathrooms matching their biological gender.

The Grayson County School Board, in the southwestern part of the state, voted 5-0 last Friday to approve the bathroom ordinance, which is designed to prevent transgender students from using bathrooms they feel match their gender identities, if not their biological sex.

The move comes despite a statement from the school’s superintendent, Kelly Wilmore, that there are currently no transgender students enrolled at the school.

The vote is a preemptive strike and the local community’s response to the Obama administration’s recent declaration that public schools must allow transgender students to choose which restrooms they use based on gender identity.

(05-24-2016, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like another School district has tried to protect itself from an over-reaching POTUS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/va-school-board-votes-to-require-students-use-bathrooms-matching-their-biological-gender-230620366.html

Well, this is also in defiance of the federal courts as we are in the 4th Circuit, which has said that education systems within states in that jurisdiction must defer to DoE's interpretation of Title IX with regards to trans discrimination.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-24-2016, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like another School district has tried to protect itself from an over-reaching POTUS:

yay for virginia wasting money and time
People suck
(05-24-2016, 05:21 PM)Griever Wrote: yay for virginia wasting money and time

But POTUS issuing a mandate that he has no authority to enforce is a good use of time and money. 

(05-24-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But POTUS issuing a mandate that he has no authority to enforce is a good use of time and money. 

Well at least we're not saying he passed a law now.

Progress.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-24-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But POTUS issuing a mandate that he has no authority to enforce is a good use of time and money. 

well seeing as the DoE, and courts, and the EEOC are saying schools doing this are in violation of title ix, i see his mandate as a reminder what what they stand to lose if they go through with it
People suck
I figured this was as good a thread as any for this. http://www.gayrva.com/news-views/appeal-denied-in-federal-transgender-bathroom-case-schools-must-protect-students-gender-identity/

Quote:Just in from the ACLU of Virginia, the Fourth Circuit Court of appeals will not rehear the case of a student’s challenge against his local school board over their controversial bathroom policy. Gavin Grimm, 16, identifies as female-to-male transgender and won a federal challenge to the school’s policy which forces students to use the restroom aligned with their birth gender.

“Now that the Fourth Circuit’s decision is final, I hope my school board will finally do the right thing and let me go back to using the boys’ restroom again,” said Grimm in a statement from the ACLU.

The ruling sent down by the Federal court back in April details their reasoning for supporting Grimm, including a Department of Justice mandate sent out in January of this year which explained transgender students should be allowed to use the restroom aligned with their gender identity.

The core of this ruling involves Title IX, the federal program that gives money to schools, including gender identity as a protected group under the class of sex discrimination.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
good on them
People suck
I'm confused....wouldn't Title IX only ensure an equal number of bathrooms available for girls as for boys?
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-01-2016, 09:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm confused....wouldn't Title IX only ensure an equal number of bathrooms available for girls as for boys?

No, in addition to allowing access to participation in school activities regardless of sex, it says that schools that get federal funding can't discriminate against anyone on the basis on sex.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-01-2016, 09:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm confused....wouldn't Title IX only ensure an equal number of bathrooms available for girls as for boys?

(06-02-2016, 12:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, in addition to allowing access to participation in school activities regardless of sex, it says that schools that get federal funding can't discriminate against anyone on the basis on sex.

I considered explaining Title IX in detail, but couldn't decide whether he was being cheeky or serious and so I erred on the side that involved me doing less.