Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thanks BLM
(08-04-2016, 02:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Claims 99% of trials result in plea bargains, then gloats about being wrong.   Smirk

Damn you are also unable to understand the point I was making if you think this actually makes any difference

94% of criminal cases are worked out by plea agreement.

District Attorneys control what type of plea offers are given to defendants.

So blame the DA's for letting the criminals out, not the defense attorneys.
I was just in court this past week when a defense attorney was censured by the judge for violating the court's order to have no direct contact with the victim in the instant matter. 99% of defense attorneys violate court orders to help free their criminal clients.
(08-04-2016, 02:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: 99% of the time you're right 9% of the time.

I have never seen anyone so proud of completely missing the point of an argument.
(08-04-2016, 02:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   99% of defense attorneys violate court orders to help free their criminal clients.

Source please.

I posted multiple studies to back up my claim.  What do you have?
(08-04-2016, 02:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn you are also stupid about the point I was making if you think this actually makes any difference

Personal attacks, tsk tsk.

Quote:94% of criminal cases are worked out by plea agreement.

Or 99% right?  What are facts to a defense attorney?  Anything to free their criminal client so they can keep preying on law abiding citizens.
(08-04-2016, 02:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Source please.

Sources that proved you lied do not back up claim.  Quite the profession you chose.
If a person is so obviously willing to lie on a message board for little or no gain can we trust them to be honest in a court of law in which the stakes are much higher? I'm 99% sure this cannot be the case.
Even though this is the NSFW, calling someone stupid and a liar is NOT going to make anyone happy, or feel their POV is respected. So let's continue without making any more personal attacks, and see how much progress can be made in understanding the real points being made here ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(08-04-2016, 02:55 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Even though this is the NSFW, calling someone stupid and a liar is NOT going to make anyone happy, or feel their POV is respected. So let's continue without making any more personal attacks, and see how much progress can be made in understanding the real points being made here ....

That's fair.  Claiming 99% and then immediately back tracking could absolutely not be deliberate lying. 
(08-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Scenario A:

Criminal is set free to rob, rape, molest children again.

If scenario A occurs I failed to do my job properly.

If scenario A occurs you did your job properly.

Quite the profession you chose.

My job is not to set criminals free.  My job is to make sure everyone gets a fair trial.  I can not help it when police and prosecutors fail at their jobs.

What happens when you arrest an charge the wrong person?  In that case you would consider a wrongful conviction as "doing your job properly", because you try as hard as possible to convict every person you take to trial.
(08-04-2016, 02:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 94% of criminal cases are worked out by plea agreement.

District Attorneys control what type of plea offers are given to defendants.

So blame the DA's for letting the criminals out, not the defense attorneys.

So, you're claiming that 94% (not 99% as originally claimed) of cases are plea bargained and this should solely be blamed on the DA.  So, you only do your actual job 6% of the time.  What the hell do you even get paid for?  You work less than a Kardashian.
(08-04-2016, 03:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My job is not to set criminals free.  

So 99% of your clients are innocent?
(08-04-2016, 03:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's fair.  Claiming 99% and then immediately back tracking could absolutely not be deliberate lying. 

It does not matter because it does not change the point of my original statement.

Want to address the point I was making or do you want to keep acting like the difference between 99% and 94% changes anything.

I predict that you run away from my original point and keep acting like the difference between 99% band 94% changes anything.

If you claimed a guy punched a baby 7 times but he proved he only punched the baby 6 times would you let him go free?
(08-04-2016, 03:10 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So 99% of your clients are innocent?

99% of my clients do not go free.

You claim you go to court but you really have no idea what happens there.
(08-04-2016, 03:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It does not matter because it does not change the point of my original statement.

So being factually inaccurate doesn't matter?  
(08-04-2016, 03:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's fair.  Claiming 99% and then immediately back tracking could absolutely not be deliberate lying. 

My issue is recognizing the point being made, and then discussing the matter w/o making personal character attacks is how this place rolls.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(08-04-2016, 03:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 99% of my clients do not go free.

So what percentage of your clients that go free are criminals?  94%?
(08-04-2016, 03:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, you're claiming that 94% (not 99% as originally claimed) of cases are plea bargained and this should solely be blamed on the DA.  So, you only do your actual job 6% of the time.  What the hell do you even get paid for?  You work less than a Kardashian.

If I was not there then  innocent people would be railroaded and criminals would get more severe penalties than they deserve.  Same way when police stop patrolling a certain area then crime goes up.  My mere presence is a deterrent to abuse of power by law enforcement officers and prosecuting attorneys.

I do my job on every case.
(08-04-2016, 03:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So what percentage of your clients that go free are criminals?  94%?

The only clients I have that go free are the ones where the state does not have the evidence to convict.  

How many of those people do you consider guilty?
(08-04-2016, 03:12 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: My issue is recognizing the point being made, and then discussing the matter w/o making personal character attacks is how this place rolls.

Shut up?  Shhhhhhh!
WTF...we don't have a "popcorn" emogi?!?!