Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread
Bengal fans have endless optimism. We're probably a 4-5 win team right now and they think that with 1 or 2 fixes we're a Super Bowl contender!

When we arguably had a Top 5 roster in the NFL we couldn't win a playoff game. And before that gets blamed on the coaches...various units of the team broke down during these games. And they were coached by good coaches such as Zimmer and Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you have 4 bad offensive lineman...then you'd don't have a good roster.

We also have issues at TE as Eifert can't play.

So essentially we start 5 backup caliber guys on offense. That's not a 'good roster'.

Why do you think we have 4 bad O-lineman Pistons?

Paul frickin Alexander. Have to coach these guys up.

Kroft didn't look bad against the Pack either.

Get rid of Marv, PA, draft a OT in the 1st and Center in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
I like to keep things simple. I like the team and want to see them win. Hence, I'm not happy with this season. Whatever it takes to put wins up, I'm for.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bengal fans have endless optimism. We're probably a 4-5 win team right now and they think that with 1 or 2 fixes we're a Super Bowl contender!

When we arguably had a Top 5 roster in the NFL we couldn't win a playoff game. And before that gets blamed on the coaches...various units of the team broke down during these games. And they were coached by good coaches such as Zimmer and Gruden.

Have to have optimism, just the way i roll.

Not to mention getting a good HC and competent O-line coach would be huge moves that might
just give us a chance of winning a playoff game. 0-7 Pistons, 0-7. We have a good roster just have
to coach up the weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:15 PM)McC Wrote: You had me until you got to PA.  I want him out the door with Marvin.  I should say out the door behind Marvin.  Ain't no door those two are fitting though side by side.  PA is the singular reason the Bengals are where they are.  His judgment put us here.

Oh and, **** the system.  The system ain't working.  Blow it up first.

Happy ***** Fiftieth.

Alexander provides some continuity for the rest of the season. By "blowing up" the system you are basically going to have 11 players on the field running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This season is gone and instituting a new system with all new coaches basically tells the players, "You suck. Now, learn a new system and playbook mid-season and win!" How does they motivate anyone?

The rest of the season can be used for positive change and development. Current system or new system they aren't going to the playoffs but I would still like to see if they can compete "if" they execute. We saw a glimmer in the 1st half.

I wouldn't worry about Alexander being shown the door. Any new coach will clean house.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 03:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Alexander provides some continuity for the rest of the season. By "blowing up" the system you are basically going to have 11 players on the field running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This season is gone and instituting a new system with all new coaches basically tells the players, "You suck. Now, learn a new system and playbook mid-season and win!" How does they motivate anyone?

The rest of the season can be used for positive change and development. Current system or new system they aren't going to the playoffs but I would still like to see if they can compete "if" they execute. We saw a glimmer in the 1st half.

I wouldn't worry about Alexander being shown the door. Any new coach will clean house.

Marvin didn't.  Because he couldn't.  PA was the crazy ol' caretaker who came with the house.

You're telling the players they suck.  You're telling them the system sucks.  Sooner or later, the faulty system has to go.  No better time than the midst of a lost season.

Who cares about competing?  That hurdle has been crossed.  Competing is a given.  This group, if it hasn't happened already, is running out of time.  Give them a better system and better decision makers and see what they can do with them.  Playing for Marvin for your whole career is cruel and unusual.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to have optimism, just the way i roll.

Not to mention getting a good HC and competent O-line coach would be huge moves that might
just give us a chance of winning a playoff game. 0-7 Pistons, 0-7. We have a good roster just have
to coach up the weaknesses.

We'll have to disagree on the roster part. But, Marvin should have been gone several years ago when we did have a good roster.

Free agent losses have really depleted the roster over the past 2 offseasons.

We do still have some really good talent left, but losing 5-6 talented guys hurts.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin didn't.  Because he couldn't.  PA was the crazy ol' caretaker who came with the house.

You're telling the players they suck.  You're telling them the system sucks.  Sooner or later, the faulty system has to go.  No better time than the midst of a lost season.

Who cares about competing?  That hurdle has been crossed.  Competing is a given.  This group, if it hasn't happened already, is running out of time.  Give them a better system and better decision makers and see what they can do with them.  Playing for Marvin for your whole career is cruel and unusual.

If Piano Man stays around once again, I'm out.  That guy couldn't coach two dogs screwin.....off with his head, once and for all.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We'll be 1-3, we'll have Burfict back and then the glorious ascent to the top of the AFC North will begin.

The NFL will let him play one game then they will suspend for 5 games for some stupid reason!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 03:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Alexander provides some continuity for the rest of the season. By "blowing up" the system you are basically going to have 11 players on the field running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This season is gone and instituting a new system with all new coaches basically tells the players, "You suck. Now, learn a new system and playbook mid-season and win!" How does they motivate anyone?

Can only hope MB allows new coach to clean house.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, no shit.  I'd even like to see Piano Man hit the bricks before Marv.

Me too because I would be fine with Marvin becoming GM but do not want PA to stay. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 04:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll have to disagree on the roster part. But, Marvin should have been gone several years ago when we did have a good roster.

Free agent losses have really depleted the roster over the past 2 offseasons.

We do still have some really good talent left, but losing 5-6 talented guys hurts.

Yeah, we will have to diagree on the roster. I still think it is a top team talent wise.

Agreed on we should of moved on from Marv years ago.

Should of kept Whitworth and Reggie Nelson, those are my only qualms.

In the end coaches have to coach up their players though, PA clearly cannot and needs to go. It is not like Og and Fisher
don't have any talent to work with, they do. Willie Anderson, Anthony Munoz and Lap all said so. Sometimes you have to
coach up players for heck sake. I don't think the players are the problem besides Bodine on the OL, it is the coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 01:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Me too because I would be fine with Marvin becoming GM but do not want PA to stay. 

Same here. But Marv is part of this culture by now, might be best to move on from him totally.

PA needs to GTFO
Reply/Quote
I doubt a new coach will be given the power to bring in his own people.

First, Alexander the Great goes nowhere. Mike Brown is not letting his boy get fired or replaced. No way, no how. Even if Brown let the coach get Alexander the Great off the coaching staff, Brown will find a front office position for him and give him more power than the new coach.

Second, I just don't see Brown giving that much control to a new, incoming coach. Look how long it took Marvin to get some control and Marvin was Katie's pick! If he wouldn't let his daughters handpicked coach have power for years, a new head coach is not going to be handed complete control right off the bat.

The fact that anyone is willing to come to Cincinnati and work with this ***** is beyond me. I'd love to see Marvin get fired and then no one even bother interviewing for the spot. That would be hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The fact that anyone is willing to come to Cincinnati and work with this ***** is beyond me. I'd love to see Marvin get fired and then no one even bother interviewing for the spot. That would be hilarious.

There's always someone willing to take a chance with any team, no matter how shitty the team or the prospective coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 01:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's always someone willing to take a chance with any team, no matter how shitty the team or the prospective coach.

Completely agree, it is an NFL Head Coaching job. Tons of guys would jump at that opportunity.

I know i would, be my dream.

I think our new HC is here already in Guenther and he will have just as much control as Marv right off the bat,
Guenther actually believes in adjusting in the game and most likely would stay out of the OC's bidness.

If not Guenther, Simmons who is another really good coach and i think would be an upgrade over Marv.

Would like someone outside, just don't know if that happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why do you think we have 4 bad O-lineman Pistons?

Paul frickin Alexander. Have to coach these guys up.

Kroft didn't look bad against the Pack either.

Get rid of Marv, PA, draft a TE in the 1st and Center in the 2nd.

You mean OT/QB?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, it is an NFL Head Coaching job. Tons of guys would jump at that opportunity.

I think our new HC is here already in Guenther and he will have just as much control as Marv right off the bat,
Guenther actually believes in adjusting in the game and most likely would stay out of the OC's bidness.

If not Guenther, Simmons who is another really good coach and i think would be an upgrade over Marv.

I'm afraid that the DC job would go to Coyle if Guenther is promoted to HC. We've seen what Coyle can (or more accurately cannot) do when DC with Miami.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bengal fans have endless optimism. 

It's the only way we could still be fans of the team after the 90s.

(09-27-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, it is an NFL Head Coaching job. Tons of guys would jump at that opportunity.

I like Guenther, but I don't want anyone that's currently on the coachinig staff to STILL be on the coaching staff next season. I want a fresh sweep. Get rid of all coaches. Hire a new HC and task him with hiring all new coaches. Let him re-hire some, MAYE, if they're on the younger side, but all new coaches otherwise.

(09-27-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean OT/QB?

No, RB. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's the only way we could still be fans of the team after the 90s.

I like Guenther, but I don't want anyone that's currently on the coachinig staff to STILL be on the coaching staff next season. I want a fresh sweep. Get rid of all coaches. Hire a new HC and task him with hiring all new coaches. Let him re-hire some, MAYE, if they're on the younger side, but all new coaches otherwise.

No, RB. Mellow

Nah, all Bengals RBs are second rounders, not first lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote