Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
At what point do the Bengals need to move on from Hill and give Gio more of the feature back role? Hell, I dont even know if Gio is the answer. All I know is that the running game has been completely unproductive.

Hill has honestly been terrible the past couple of seasons and has looked like crap so far this year. It looks like he is running with weights attached to his ankle. All he does is jump cut and get stuffed at the line.

I just dont know what happened to him. Its remarkable that drop off that hes had since his rookie year.

I thought our offensive line was the problem with the run game, especially after the Jets debacle, but after today im just not so sure. There were openings that were there, but its almost like Hill avoided the hole and jump cut around it. I just dont get it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All I know is that the running game has completely unproductive.

Hill has  looked like crap so far this year.

Psst...OL probs.
Reply/Quote
Don't say that.

People will call you a troll!
Reply/Quote
Lol.

To be honest, Hill didnt look bad at all. I saw him take a lot of negative yardage back to the line of scrimmage, sometimes even gains.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Psst...OL probs.

Center and Right Guard are a train wreck! Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Lol.

To be honest, Hill didnt look bad at all. I saw him take a lot of negative yardage back to the line of scrimmage, sometimes even gains.

He has looked awful. 
Reply/Quote
Shoulda drafted DeCastro Ninja
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At what point do the Bengals need to move on from Hill and give Gio more of the feature back role? Hell, I dont even know if Gio is the answer. All I know is that the running game has completely unproductive.

Hill has honestly been terrible the past couple of seasons and has looked like crap so far this year. It looks like he is running with weights attached to his ankle. All he does is jump cut and get stuffed at the line.

I just dont know what happened to him. Its remarkable that drop off that hes had since his rookie year. He just inst producing in the running game though.

I thought our offensive line was the problem with the run game, especially after the Jets debacle, but after today im just not so sure. There were openings that were there, but its almost like Hill avoided the hole and jump cut around it. I just dont get it.
Everyone thought the duo backs is a good thing, honestly I think it hurts more than not.  Takes a bit of time to get a rythm going in a game.. in and out sometimes, takes that away...  I like Gio speed example today when he got a great block today..  I can't remember who gave the great block but it was a great one.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander is the only coach left from the "Years of regular failure" that is left on this coaching staff. that should be your first clue.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:22 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Everyone thought the duo backs is a good thing, honestly I think it hurts more than not.  Takes a bit of time to get a rythm going in a game.. in and out sometimes, takes that away...  I like Gio speed example today when he got a great block today..  I can't remember who gave the great block but it was a great one.

zeitler was the guard who got that particular block that freed gio upfield.
Reply/Quote
Other than a 15 yard run, Gio had 2 yards on 4 carries.

It's an o-line problem, not a Hill problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:23 PM)WildCat Wrote: zeitler was the guard who got that particular block that freed gio upfield.

Thanks that was a great hit...  and he was stunned a bit afterwards..  lol..  rep.
Reply/Quote
O-line has to create A GAP BEFORE ANY BACK WILL EVER SUCCEED
Reply/Quote
All I know is you're not going to win many games with 30 yards rushing ! And I don't think it's just one thing that's broken.
The O-line is a major factor for sure. But some of it is on RB's as well. Play calling is probably a factor to.

But the fact is we haven't got 100 yards rushing in our first 2 games combined - pitiful. And they have to fix that.

Not sure what the answer is ?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Psst...OL probs.

Yeah, it's not the backs. The OL isn't blocking well. It was a problem last year and hasn't improved this year.

Plus, Zampese seems to think of the running game as an afterthought or something cause we just don't call enough running plays.

Having a good running game brings a number of benefits, none of which we are enjoying so far this season.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, it's not the backs. The OL isn't blocking well. It was a problem last year and hasn't improved this year.

Plus, Zampese seems to think of the running game as an afterthought or something cause we just don't call enough running plays.

Having a good running game brings a number of benefits, none of which we are enjoying so far this season.

I have a problem with Hills running style. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Lol.

Yeah, you can't pin it on the back when defenders are meeting him in the backfield. That's completely on the OL and the blocking.

Reply/Quote
Its the Offensive line, think of it like this, its kind of liking trying to have sex with a woman with her legs closed tightly...kinda hard to hit that hole when there is none Ninja
Reply/Quote
Tbh I think Gio and Hill have been much of a muchness for 2 seasons or so. Gio was great in his Rookie year, as was Hill. I would say both have fallen from the potential they showed in their rookie years for sure.

However, Gio has the ability to take it to the house on any play. Hill doesn't really, he's a bruising back who hasn't been very bruising for a while.

I really like both guys though, it's a shame they aren't proving to the be top end duo that they should be.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a problem with Hills running style. 

Please elaborate. What exactly don't you like?
Reply/Quote