Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
I read this morning Kyle Caskey is making noise about getting AJ Green back.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I read this morning Kyle Caskey is making noise about getting AJ Green back.

AJ doesn’t seem mentally engaged in games enough for me to trust him when it counts.

Hands of glue but you gotta worry about effort with him and i don’t like that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: I like Wilson, but I think it's proving out that the guy was overrated.  

He had a tremendous WR duo with Metcalf and Lockett.  When you look at recent trends, you see a lot more instances of elite WR's coming in and elevating QB's than the other way around.  Josh Allen went from a borderline bust to an MVP candidate when the Bills got Diggs.  Tua has made a massive leap this year with Hill in the fold.  Burrow's play jumped up several rungs when the Bengals drafted Chase.  On the other side of the coin, Rodgers is the reigning MVP and looks pedestrian without Adams.

I’d also add Hurts’ jump now that he has AJ Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I read this morning Kyle Caskey is making noise about getting AJ Green back.

I want absolutely no part of this. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:22 PM)jason Wrote: On top of that the deadline is Tuesday... We have no idea how any of this plays out either. It wouldn't be the first time in NFL history that 4-6 weeks turns into done for the year. Ja'Marr was smoking dudes with a fractured hip, which is pretty amazing, but I think they should really be covering all bases here. We can't waste any of these Burrow rookie deal seasons.

Completely agree and don't know how anyone could disagree with this...

Man, the deadline is tomorrow. Sure would love a trade for Terrace Marshall or even better Jerry Jeudy today...
Reply/Quote

I have no idea who Kyle Caskey is but I already strongly dislike him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:34 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I have no idea who Kyle Caskey is but I already strongly dislike him. 

I think he is with Jacksonville. He was with the Bengals a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
Ravens going all out:

"The Baltimore Ravens traded for Chicago Bears linebacker Roquan Smith on Monday, a team source confirmed, filling a major weakness in the middle of their defense.

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Ravens are sending the Bears a second- and a fifth-round pick in 2023 to acquire Smith, the NFL's leading tackler."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34919410/source-ravens-acquire-lb-roquan-smith-trade-bears
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Ravens going all out:

"The Baltimore Ravens traded for Chicago Bears linebacker Roquan Smith on Monday, a team source confirmed, filling a major weakness in the middle of their defense.

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Ravens are sending the Bears a second- and a fifth-round pick in 2023 to acquire Smith, the NFL's leading tackler."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34919410/source-ravens-acquire-lb-roquan-smith-trade-bears

If the Bears are going full on fire sale, what chance at Kmet or maybe some of their leftover good D players? (I can't think of anyone on the Bears roster other than Kmet or Mooney we could use)
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 01:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I want absolutely no part of this. 

If he could come here and produce as a #4 receiver, I’d be all for it. Sadly, I don’t think he can. He seems broken, and he’s been in a steady decline for half of a decade. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him retire after this season, and if he doesn’t, I don’t know that he finds another gig.

If we’re talking about bringing back a Bengal legend, I’d rather bring in Chad, and I think I’m pretty serious in that statement. I’m don’t know that he’d be able to produce, but I think he may have a better chance at it than A.J.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:04 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If the Bears are going full on fire sale, what chance at Kmet or maybe some of their leftover good D players? (I can't think of anyone on the Bears roster other than Kmet or Mooney we could use)

Darnell Mooney would be a decent get.  He was a 1000 yard receiver last year, but has struggled this year with Fields at QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Ravens going all out:

Damn, Ravens making some major noise. I like Smith alot...
a 2 and 5th ? not too bad but have to pay his salary now..could be trouble later
Reply/Quote
So other teams in the division work to improve while the Bengals sit on their hands....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 06:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: So other teams in the division work to improve while the Bengals sit on their hands....

You have no idea if they’ve inquired on any players or not. The right deal might just not be there.

We don’t have any glaring weaknesses like Baltimore does at LB and WR.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have no idea if they’ve inquired on any players or not. The right deal might just not be there.

Agree, I would say a TE would be the one area we could use help with better depth 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 06:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Damn, Ravens making some major noise. I like Smith alot...
a 2 and 5th ? not too bad but have to pay his salary now..could be trouble later

He's also only under contract for 8 more games. So giving up a lot for either an 8 game rental or a big contract. That was part of the problem with Chicago is they didn't want to sign him big, I believe. 
Reply/Quote
The piece that could bring us a SB is another corner as good as Awuzie Apple isn't it. That is the missing piece. The injuries we can handle none are season ending. Eli Apple will probably cost us a chance at the Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have no idea if they’ve inquired on any players or not. The right deal might just not be there.

Agree Nicomo, still, that is a great trade by the Ravens for maybe the best young LB in the NFL besides our guy in Logan.

Roquan Smith is a stud and hate to see him coming to our Division.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree and don't know how anyone could disagree with this...

Man, the deadline is tomorrow. Sure would love a trade for Terrace Marshall or even better Jerry Jeudy today...
It also may be a pipe.dream believing we're going to be able to keep Chase, Tee and TB. If the price is right, Terrace Marshall may be able to pick up some slack over the next four weeks and could also possibly be part of the solution if/when we inevitably lose one of our big three down the road. We can also never have too much depth knowing of Chase's hip and Tee's ankle. It also doesn't hurt that he's got chemistry with Joe and Chase. Seems a near perfect fit if Carolina has interest in moving him for a reasonable ask.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:04 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If the Bears are going full on fire sale, what chance at Kmet or maybe some of their leftover good D players? (I can't think of anyone on the Bears roster other than Kmet or Mooney we could use)

I was a big fan of Khalil Herbert in his draft class and hes been solid in the NFL but the Bengals don't need a RB right now especially enough to trade for one...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote