Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
This team is just special. Just pray to see this team win a superbowl soon
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Looking back at some of the responses and all I can say is SHAME ON YOUs Unbelievers.

Yeah, at least I didn't post in this thread because I still had faith in us turning it around.

Some sad posts in here that I am glad were completely wrong.

(12-06-2022, 02:26 PM)jason Wrote: Witness the power of hope y'all...

Hilarious

That was a little embarrassing there Jason, good on you showing it and not just acting like you had the faith all along lol
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, at least I didn't post in this thread because I still had faith in us turning it around.

Some sad posts in here that I am glad were completely wrong.

Hilarious

That was a little embarrassing there Jason, good on you showing it and not just acting like you had the faith all along lol

I knew I had posted they were done after that Cleveland game... I had to scan for a minute to find it. Luckily I use the disclaimer I hope I'm wrong when I shovel dirt on them. I did it last year after that 49ers loss too. Now let's go beat poo outta that scumbag QB and the rest of the Browns Sunday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Awwww yes!!! The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread... Feels Good Feels Real Good.
Reply/Quote
I feel like OP doesn’t know what the word “cohesive” means.

…or is it me? Christmas has my brain broken.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a negative post and thought we were done. It's hard not to get to high and or low at points during the season. This was after the 1st Browns game and it was a low point. But looking back there were a lot of things that lead into that bad result. Losing Chase during the week leading up to the game and not really having the running game rolling (at least we have done it some games since) had our offense struggle. Then losing Awuzie during the game really hurt the defense and opened the flood gates.
Reply/Quote
Really since Chase and some of the other guys injuries everything we could've hoped for has seemed to happen. We seem to spread the ball around a little better and have given Irwin and some of the lesser used receiving options a chance to succeed which they have. Reader being out showed that while he is very important the team can defend the run. Awuzie obviously hurts to lose and we may still feel that impact down the road but CTB and other guys have stepped up. Even Mixon missing some time has shown how much depth we have at the RB position. This team has been facing a lot of adversity health wise and time and time again has come out better for it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm going to say done. We don't have a coaching staff capable of dealing with multiple injuries. New Orleans had Andy Dalton and practice squad receivers and still managed to score significant points. Hopefully they learn some things a make a run next year.

No soup for me
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 09:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No soup for me

Damn LOL

It was real ugly there for a minute. And to think, 3 of the losses even after looking so bad were on game winning field goals.
Reply/Quote

Saw a stat today, where Dalton is like one or two spots below Joe in passer rating. Like 98.6? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 08:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I had a negative post and thought we were done. It's hard not to get to high and or low at points during the season. This was after the 1st Browns game and it was a low point. But looking back there were a lot of things that lead into that bad result. Losing Chase during the week leading up to the game and not really having the running game rolling (at least we have done it some games since) had our offense struggle. Then losing Awuzie during the game really hurt the defense and opened the flood gates.

....and a coach's death.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Wow you can have some cream of crow soup. That take was as bad as the Reds season
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 11:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Saw a stat today, where Dalton is like one or two spots below Joe in passer rating. Like 98.6? 

Burrow is currently 6th in the league at 102.5.
Dalton is 7th with a rating of 98.1

This would be the 2nd highest rating of Dalton's career. In 2015 he ended the season with a rating of 106.2 and in 2016 he ended with a rating of 91.8.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The sun will shine on the earth somewhere before the end of the season. If not I'll own up to it. I think the odds are in my favor.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if they won 3, they'd still have to beat some arguably comparable or better teams to get to the playoffs.

BUF
KC
NE
TB
CLE
BAL
TEN

BUF, KC, and TEN are going to be clearly favorites, barring some future injuries.
CLE just whipped the Bengals again, so CLE can't be assumed a win.
BAL is leading the division and also just beat Bengals, so that's a toss-up at best.

TB and NE really might be the decision makers.

Who are these better teams again?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 08:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I had a negative post and thought we were done. It's hard not to get to high and or low at points during the season. This was after the 1st Browns game and it was a low point. But looking back there were a lot of things that lead into that bad result. Losing Chase during the week leading up to the game and not really having the running game rolling (at least we have done it some games since) had our offense struggle. Then losing Awuzie during the game really hurt the defense and opened the flood gates.

Its a silly game, yet we all get wrapped up in our team. Gonna be highs and lows thru out the season, just have to weather them. 30 years in the military and the 1 thing I learned was patience. 
Reply/Quote
Man we are in the playoffs Season Not Done Alright!! way to go Bengals!!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who are these better teams again?

At the time of posting, the Bengals were not playing as well as they are now, and many of those teams I listed were playing better than they are now.
As I've said in other thread(s) before though, the recent stretch for the Bengals has made me believe again that they can compete with anyone and are right up there with BUF and KC as the best teams in the conference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We are in the Playoffs!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Season done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote