Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Conspiracy Thread
@SCS

Oh it was meant for you. 

The theory with time slip is called The Mandela Affect. I'm not sure if it's related to quantum theory. Like I said it's not really my thing. 

This is why I don't like to hastily post shit. I prefer to bring facts and evidence. If I rely on memory, like I have with my previous several posts, I'm likely to get some things wrong. 

As far as taking time to 'research'. That's not exactly correct. My research is done for the most part  But I still read and when new information presents itself, it must be calculated in. And so I've recently come across new info which Throws a wrench in what I wanted to present. And I update you guys as a matter of fairness because I started this thread and promised to address any and all posts. Which

After tomorrow I will be able to do. I just didn't want anyone to think I abandoned the thread. 

Once again, I am in a hurry. With this reply and any reply until after tomorrow. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(05-03-2016, 04:46 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: @SCS

Oh it was meant for you. 

It was a time shift.  See you feel like you remember it was for me, but now everything indicates it was for you.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-03-2016, 04:15 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I actually have been busy asshat. 

But I did forget about the post you so fondly mock me with. 

So, the reason I asked about that is because there's a strange theory floating around that we've experienced a time shift, it's not my theory and I don't believe it, well I don't fully believe it. 

The theory started with this;

How do you spell Berenstein in Berenstain Bears?

I remember it with the 'a'. Many people swear it's been changed from the 'e' to the 'a'. 

People are also claiming spelling has changed with Reba's last name. Spell it without looking it up. I remember it the correct way but many people claim it was spelled differently. 

Also, quote the most famous line from Darth Vader. People are saying it's changed. 

The reason why I even bring this up is because I distinctly remember the title of the Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise movie as Interview With A Vampire. But it's actually Interview With The Vampire. Which made me think maybe,just maybe these people might not be that crazy. Some quantum theories suggest we live in a simulation. And that is where the time shift theory originates. 

Remember, I don't really believe this theory. It's interesting nonetheless. 

So which do you duoche canoes remember?

My mom always used to call me my uncle's name. Then my brother's name. It's not a time shift, it's dementia.

Seriously, most of the stuff is just how our brain digests and compartmentalizes information. You've probably seen Interview With The Vampire a couple times, but you've probably seen "interview with a _______" in news stories, excerpts, etc. hundreds of times. You've probably heard people mistakenly call it "Interview With A Vampire" for years. Your brain, trying to manage all that information, changes out the "A" for the "The" to make the info more readily available. Dates back to the stone age when your ability to quick recall how to determine a poisonous snake meant the difference in life and death. Now we use those same skills to play 10 degrees of Kevin Bacon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Without Googling it, who can tell me the name of the first Cheech and Chong movie? I can't tell you why right now, but it has a lot to do with this thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(05-03-2016, 05:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Without Googling it, who can tell me the name of the first Cheech and Chong movie? I can't tell you why right now, but it has a lot to do with this thread.

It was Up in Smoke, wasn't it? I have that (and Next Movie) on DVD, haven't watched it in a while. LOL
(05-03-2016, 05:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It was Up in Smoke, wasn't it? I have that (and Next Movie) on DVD, haven't watched it in a while. LOL

You are correct, sir.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Regardless of whether you're picking up what DA is laying down, these conversations provoke thought that is outside the norm.
I appreciate abstract thought and do not believe he deserves ridicule.
I like you guys, but mocking is a form of a personal attack.
Debate him, don't just parrot him like Trump imitating a disabled reporter.
(05-03-2016, 06:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Regardless of whether you're picking up what DA is laying down, these conversations provoke thought that is outside the norm.
Debate him, don't just parrKimiot him like Trump imitating a disabled reporter.
You libral whiners and you all too easily offended sensabilities. 

What is there to debate?  Seriously.

(05-03-2016, 06:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Regardless of whether you're picking up what DA is laying down, these conversations provoke thought that is outside the norm.
Debate him, don't just parrot him like Trump imitating a disabled reporter.

I appreciate it RB. That stuff doesn't bother me, as long as they can take it too, which I do not wanna go there with anybody. 
Any theories on Nazca lines ?
http://www.yamagata-u.ac.jp/en/information/info/20160419_01/
(05-03-2016, 04:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Seriously, most of the stuff is just how our brain digests and compartmentalizes information. You've probably seen Interview With The Vampire a couple times, but you've probably seen "interview with a _______" in news stories, excerpts, etc. hundreds of times. You've probably heard people mistakenly call it "Interview With A Vampire" for years. Your brain, trying to manage all that information, changes out the "A" for the "The" to make the info more readily available. Dates back to the stone age when your ability to quick recall how to determine a poisonous snake meant the difference in life and death. Now we use those same skills to play 10 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

This is totally The Mandela Effect in a nutshell.

It's just a mixture of Pop Culture misquotings, and your own brain filling in the blanks.

Interview With A Vampire just makes sense to most.  So people just roll with it.  I know I did. 

I even read that book... but like over 20 years ago.

There are other vampires in the book than the one being interviewed.  So that's where the "A" comes from.

So easy to "misremember".  

Quotes from movies always get botched.  Just like telling jokes you've heard.  They may be second hand from the original.

If it's said enough, people remember it to factually be that way and the only way.

Quotes also get simplified to roll off the tongue easier than the original.  Same meaning just phrased slightly different.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(05-03-2016, 09:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is totally The Mandela Effect in a nutshell.

It's just a mixture of Pop Culture misquotings, and your own brain filling in the blanks.

Interview With A Vampire just makes sense to most.  So people just roll with it.  I know I did. 

I even read that book... but like over 20 years ago.

There are other vampires in the book than the one being interviewed.  So that's where the "A" comes from.

So easy to "misremember".  

Quotes from movies always get botched.  Just like telling jokes you've heard.  They may be second hand from the original.

If it's said enough, people remember it to factually be that way and the only way.

Quotes also get simplified to roll off the tongue easier than the original.  Same meaning just phrased slightly different.

Like "I can see Alaska from my house."  Palin never said that...but it stuck.

Bogart never said "Play it again Sam".  The line, spoken by Ingrid Bergman is "Play it Sam."

Later Bogart tells Sam "Play it!"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-03-2016, 02:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I have been researchig my butt off.  It's coming soon I'll be back soon.  While I'm gone, without google, what movie did Denzel Washington make that takes place in Mexico.  It's important to the whole theory.

Man on Fire.

Didn't use Google, but I did use Bing. I'll be back. I feel so dirty everytime I use Bing.
(05-04-2016, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Man on Fire.

Didn't use Google, but I did use Bing. I'll be back. I feel so dirty everytime I use Bing.

I always use Bing. I am anti-Google.
(05-03-2016, 03:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is incorrect.

I'm sorry guys I've just been a lil busy lately. 

But lemme ask any of you a question, without looking it up please. It's important that you don't look it up. 

Name the movie that starred Brad Pitt and Edward Norton as the same person with a split personality. 

Remember, don't look it up, I'll explain why soon. 

Fight Club. 

And allow me to state how lucky we all are to have you working on this. No *****.  Mellow
(05-03-2016, 04:15 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Also, quote the most famous line from Darth Vader. People are saying it's changed. 

Assuming you're talking about the line where Vader claims to be the guy who dipped his wick in his mommy's va-jay-jay (cause, let's face it, Vader has a few famous lines), no, it never changed.

As has already mentioned, people think it's changed because they get the quote wrong all the time. Vader NEVER says, "Luke, I am your father" in the movies. Not one single time. What he DOES say is, "No, I am your father." See, the conversation goes with Vader trying to recruit or turn Luke. Luke says, "He (Obi Wan) told me you betrayed and murdered my father." to which Vader replies, "No, I am your father." Flows a lot better with a 'No' than with a 'Luke'.
Yes Phil. I agree and have stated so. 

Here is my final thought on this particular topic 

Here an article on the Mandela Effect.

In psychology this is called confabulation, which I tend to agree with. Again, this isn't a conspiracy I necessarily agree with. 

In related news though;

simulation hypothesis

Free will may be an illusion

There's more but this topic really isn't my thing. 

I just thought it was odd that I remember something very distinctively as it turns out, what I remember is wrong. 

Yeah there's nothing really up for debate here and I don't really wanna debate this. It's just something some people are trying to sort out and some thing many of you maybe never heard of. 
(05-04-2016, 01:24 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: In related news though;

simulation hypothesis

Free will may be an illusion

These aren't conspiracy theories.

Did you guys know Stevie wonder isn't really blind?
(05-04-2016, 01:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: These aren't conspiracy theories.

[Image: thank-you-for-your-input.gif]