Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Elephant In The Room
Will there be a 2020 NFL season? I heard that social distancing will need to continue through the summer. Does that include football players? Well, the Bengals are prepared. They had an empty stadium and the defense stayed their distance from offenses during last season. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Definitely and interesting conversation. You keep hearing that some of these sports are looking at coming back without fans. They can do that simply because a majority of the revenue comes from TV. I am more concerned about the offseason, as it is very important for this year since we have so many new starters.

This is the main reason to me that they are comfortable keeping Dalton around this year.
(04-27-2020, 12:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Will there be a 2020 NFL season? I heard that social distancing will need to continue through the summer. Does that include football players? Well, the Bengals are prepared. They had an empty stadium and the defense stayed their distance from offenses during last season. lol

I see the season starting on time. There are countries who ignored guarantees and are already recovering due to herd immunity. There are treatments being developed, vaccines and so on.

I think when all is and done, this will be a bad case of another flu and prove to be a huge over reach by medical professionals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-27-2020, 12:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Definitely and interesting conversation.  You keep hearing that some of these sports are looking at coming back without fans.  They can do that simply because a majority of the revenue comes from TV.  I am more concerned about the offseason, as it is very important for this year since we have so many new starters.

This is the main reason to me that they are comfortable keeping Dalton around this year.

NBA is getting ready to start practicing so probably playing soon with no fans. I see baseball right behind them and playing by June.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-27-2020, 12:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Definitely and interesting conversation.  You keep hearing that some of these sports are looking at coming back without fans.  They can do that simply because a majority of the revenue comes from TV.  I am more concerned about the offseason, as it is very important for this year since we have so many new starters.

This is a great point. The backlash for starting Dalton would be deafening, but with no fans to boo It's actually possible.  It seemed like the opposite of doing right by Andy.  
Is it bad that I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of my mother in law?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-27-2020, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see the season starting on time. There are countries who ignored guarantees and are already recovering due to herd immunity. There are treatments being developed, vaccines and so on.

I think when all is and done, this will be a bad case of another flu and prove to be a huge over reach by medical professionals.
Be careful stating real facts. Some folks enjoy being alarmists. Ninja 

BTW this is nothing compared to H1N1 and we didn't shut down. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(04-27-2020, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see the season starting on time. There are countries who ignored guarantees and are already recovering due to herd immunity. There are treatments being developed, vaccines and so on.

This is an unbelievably uniformed and terrible take.

(04-27-2020, 12:53 PM)Mer Wrote: Be careful stating real facts. Some folks enjoy being alarmists. Ninja 

BTW this is nothing compared to H1N1 and we didn't shut down. 

H1N1 didn't kill 53,000 in a month  And a vaccine was available within months

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

I'm really not sure about this one at all. All I'll say is we'll have to see what comes out when all is said and done.

They're cancelling football seasons here in Europe, and there's big questions about what happens with our leagues which are still yet to finish. Lots of talk of voiding the season, and wiping out Liverpool as champions, alongside promotion/relegation... So we should count it lucky here in the NFL that this happened offseason!

They're talking of a vaccine not being readily available for over a year yet.... talks of further waves of this and need for future distancing. In the UK, we're expecting forms of social distancing for the rest of this year.

You guys in the US are a big more gung-ho with the Tan Man as your leader. If the protesting kicks off moreso, then your politicians will need to consider what they do to mitigate that. I feel like you might be out of lockdown earlier than Europe (whether I think that is at all sensible is entirely another discussion... though a Doctor I am not) so for the NFL season... wouldn't shock me if some of preseason is wiped out and the games begin on time with potential crowd-limits/no crowds.
Wrong forum.

I see where this is going.
I think the NFL can and will happen even if it means putting these players on lockdown. This means everyone is tested with staff and team the moved into an isolated environment by or near the stadium. They would be flown by approved NFL jets from one game to another, but during the duration of this season, all players would be in quarantine. It may also mean having a reduced season this year of maybe division only games in the regular season then extended playoffs. Either way, they need to get TV money, and while stadium revenue will be crushed because no fans at games at least the sport can progress.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Please do not spread disinformation about the Novel Corona Virus, and also keep all posts in this thread relevant to the Bengals/NFL.
(04-27-2020, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: H1N1 didn't kill 53,000 in a month  And a vaccine was available within months

You're right. Sadly it killed a lot more. And the vaccine wasn't even used here in the US. Actually they destroyed it. 

As to Fred, you're correct this is the wrong spot so I'll stop with reality.

(04-27-2020, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is an unbelievably uniformed and terrible take.

Not according to the learned scientist who posted above you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-27-2020, 01:54 PM)jason Wrote: Not according to the learned scientist who posted above you.

I prefer biological MD. Thank you.

(04-27-2020, 01:55 PM)Mer Wrote: I prefer biological MD. Thank you.

Cool story brah...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-27-2020, 01:59 PM)jason Wrote: Cool story brah...

Glad you enjoyed it.

(04-27-2020, 02:01 PM)Mer Wrote: Glad you enjoyed it.

Changed my life.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-27-2020, 01:55 PM)Mer Wrote: I prefer biological MD. Thank you.

I don't know what a "biological MD" is, but if they believe communities in the UNited States have developed herd immunity to Covid-19 I am not impressed.