Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-07-2015, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Newborn babies can only live outside the womb as long as someone feeds and takes care of it. It has NOTHING like a life of its own.

It is POSSIBLE for a new born to live outside of the womb.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for a six week fetus to live outside the womb.

Stop trying to make this argument.  It really makes you look stupid.
(07-07-2015, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does a tumor have its own heart, brain, and respiratory system?

Could a tumor grow to become a functioning member of society if left unmolested?

I am willing to bet if life were found on a distant plant that resembled that of a 6-week fetus those that are so quick to dismiss the validity of a fetus would not be so quick to dismiss that life.

Is it possible for a fetus to live outside of the womb?
(07-07-2015, 10:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is POSSIBLE for a new born to live outside of the womb.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for a six week fetus to live outside the womb.

Stop trying to make this argument.  It really makes you look stupid.

Put a 6 week old fetus and a newborn baby in a nice comfy home with a fully stocked fridge and come back in a week. You'll have 2 "bodies" to bury.

Stop creating things that you think i'm arguing about in an attempt to make me look stupid. I'm way too smart for that. :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-07-2015, 10:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is it possible for a fetus to live outside of the womb?

Oh....my gosh....

Why do you keep hammering on this? Go back and count how many times i explicitly stated that any normal right-thinking person knows a fetus can't survive outside the womb.

How many did you count?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-07-2015, 10:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is it possible for a fetus to live outside of the womb?

Sure. From my understanding an unborn child is considered a fetus after embryo stage (8 weeks)  until it is born. 

Do you ever answer questions you are asked?

Quick ask a question about an embryo. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-07-2015, 11:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Put a 6 week old fetus and a newborn baby in a nice comfy home with a fully stocked fridge and come back in a week. You'll have 2 "bodies" to bury.

Feed and nurture both of them and only one will survive.
(07-07-2015, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh....my gosh....

Why do you keep hammering on this? Go back and count how many times i explicitly stated that any normal right-thinking person knows a fetus can't survive outside the womb.

How many did you count?

Count how many times I have pointed out that if it is impossible for it to survibve outside the womb then it does not have a life of its own.
(07-07-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you ever answer questions you are asked?

I always answer any reasonable question.

If you want to argue based on semantics then you got me.

But that has never been my point, and I think you know this.  What is the youngest fetus to survive outside the womb?  22 weeks?  
(07-07-2015, 11:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Feed and nurture both of them and only one will survive.

You're just going to keep hammering that nail that no one is disagreeing with.

(07-07-2015, 11:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Count how many times I have pointed out that if it is impossible for it to survibve outside the womb then it does not have a life of its own.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

(07-07-2015, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I always answer any reasonable question.

If you want to argue based on semantics then you got me.

But that has never been my point, and I think you know this.  What is the youngest fetus to survive outside the womb?  22 weeks?  

Well sometimes you have to ask unreasonable questions to determine the logic behind unreasonable scenarios; such as an unborn child equals a tumor.

If you choose not to answer questions directed to your ridiculous claim; I suppose that is your "right". 

I have read the youngest Premature baby to survive is 21 weeks. Not sure what that has to do with killing one prior to that. Wanna make sure the record is not broken?

(07-07-2015, 11:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're just going to keep hammering that nail that no one is disagreeing with.

Sorry, but I thought you were arguing that a fetus has a life of its own before the date of viability.

Don't know how I could have gotten that idea. Rolleyes
(07-07-2015, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have read the youngest Premature baby to survive is 21 weeks. Not sure what that has to do with killing one prior to that. 

Because you can't take away a life if a life does not exist.  Before that the fetus does not have a life of its own.  it is just part of the mothers body.
(07-07-2015, 11:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because you can't take away a life if a life does not exist.  Before that the fetus does not have a life of its own.  it is just part of the mothers body.

It's a life Fred. It has a heartbeat, it has brain activity, it has a respiratory system, it reacts to stimuli (to include being torn apart and extracted from its mother). It just needs to remain unmolested in its environment for a few more weeks.

(07-07-2015, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am willing to bet if life were found on a distant plant that resembled that of a 6-week fetus those that are so quick to dismiss the validity of a fetus would not be so quick to dismiss that life. 

Guaranteed. 

If a form of life as complex as a human fetus was found on another world, it would be considered the biggest discovery of the last century.  Textbooks would be re-written.  When that life is at the will of another human, it is insignificant and "not alive".
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-07-2015, 11:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a life Fred. It has a heartbeat, it has brain activity, it has a respiratory system, it reacts to stimuli (to include being torn apart and extracted from its mother). It just needs to remain unmolested in its environment for a few more weeks.

No it doesn't have a life of its own.

At this point there is no need to keep arguing.  We have different definitions of what an "individual life" is so there is no way we can get past this.   All we can do is keep telling each other "You are wrong".
(07-08-2015, 12:02 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Guaranteed. 

If a form of life as complex as a human fetus was found on another world, it would be considered the biggest discovery of the last century.  Textbooks would be re-written.  When that life is at the will of another human, it is insignificant and "not alive".

If it was found living on its own then it would not be the same.

You are talking about two totally different things.
(07-08-2015, 12:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If it was found living on its own then it would not be the same.

You are talking about two totally different things.

But what if it were in an incubation system that it was totally reliant on and if removed from this system it would die?

We could just say "Not a life; doesn't count".

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species ***** sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb"

The United States government has passed laws that make it so that you can catch a double murder charge for killing a woman who is carrying a child.....of ANY developmental stage. Termination of the fetus is considered murder under this law. Murder, as in ending a life.

Is anyone in disagreement with this law? Should the murder of the woman carrying the child NOT be considered a double homicide?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-08-2015, 12:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But what if it were in an incubation system that it was totally reliant on and if removed from this system it would die?

We could just say "Not a life; doesn't count".

*sigh*

So you are saying it is POSSIBLE to keep it alive when separated from the mother?

Funny that you ask this question after making fun of me for answering it over and over again.