Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.07 Average
The NFL is absolutely scripted
(02-14-2022, 11:35 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I think Joelist made a valid point.  Professionals who go through rigorous vetting is the way to go. How do we know if the phantom hold ref didn't have a betting interest and a huge load riding on a Rams win or maybe is a fan of LA ?  How much vetting is done on these guys?  How do we know how objective they are?

That too.. It just makes no sense that they can't be consistent.. If we are watching it on TV how hard would it be to call down and say they got something wrong and change it... The Wilson flag was coming out no matter how he played that unless kupp caught it. It was funny the refs threw the flag after the play was over too...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:10 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I'm not sure rigging is the right term.  Maybe rigged if the right opportunity presents itself.  What I mean by that is if you turn the entire game around and flip flop it to where it was Cincy driving for the winning score it's possible the false start gets called or the holding doesn't get called because I think the media had already ordained Stafford and the Rams as the team most deserving...because of what they did to get the talent there TO win it.  I just think in some games it really is ordained that refs favor certain teams when it comes to questionable calls.  The unnecessary roughness.  Think about it....all the way back against Pitts with Joey Porter being on the field and not getting flagged when Burfect and Jones did.  The final play had Donald been called offsides (which he clearly was) then that's a free play rather than the end of the game.  No call even though it had to be as clear as day to the line judge who is LOOKING for those things.  The Rams game winning drive.....had the false start been called Taylor would have turned it down and it would have been fourth down and goal, instead no false start was called and holding was called on the same play.  Just too many things over the years that are too obvious that make me think the refs "know" when to swallow the whistle and "when" to blow it.  That being said the Bengals don't give the refs the opportunity had they had just a mediocre offensive line in the second half.  It is what it is

But we were driving down for the game winning score or tie. We couldn't get the first down and into scoring position because our line is trash.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: These posts are just billboards for who not to take seriously as a poster.

Since it's only text, I simply get to the point. 
Seriously, what's the problem? There is no problem. I'm not attacking, stalking or insulting anyone.

I'm a nice dude. We just disagree on the origin of entertainment sports
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:00 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Since it's only text, I simply get to the point. 
Seriously, what's the problem? There is no problem. I'm not attacking, stalking or insulting anyone.

Do you feel like the NFL is somewhat analogous to the WWE in certain regards? I mean, is it legitimate competition or is it staged competition for purposes of entertainment of an audience? Just curious to see how you view the origin of sports entertainment.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:00 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Since it's only text, I simply get to the point. 

I’m not saying that you’re not a nice dude, you could be a fantastic person. My best friend growing up is an amazing man. I trust him with my life. I trust him with my children’s lives. He also regularly spouts about stuff like the NFL being scripted, stolen elections, 9/11 inside jobs, and any other conspiracy type thing. If the belief sounds nutty, he buys it. So I don’t take anything that he says seriously.

Do you even realize what kind of orchestration and coverup it would take to script the entire NFL? You’d need buy in from owners and executives, coaches and players, refs and broadcasters. Do you really think that they could keep that under wraps? How deep does it go? Does it get into college sports? High school? And why would they do it? Ratings? So America certainly loves the home team, superstar team winning…but do you not think that they’d love the massive underdog, heart throb, swagger having, young team more? Just look at who the country was picking to win. They wanted the Bengals in there. They wanted Cincinnati to win that game. Why would the NFL not rig it to please their fans and drive ratings? What kind of ratings go up when you have one team from Boston win 6 Super Bowls over two decades while major markets like Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Houston, San Francisco, Miami, Detroit, Washington, and Los Angeles (until yesterday) go without championships for 30 years?

The scripted NFL theory is just way too easy to refute, but in spite of all logic saying it’s bullshit, and no evidence saying it’s true, people believe it. I just can’t take those people seriously. Sorry.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:37 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m not saying that you’re not a nice dude, you could be a fantastic person. My best friend growing up is an amazing man. I trust him with my life. I trust him with my children’s lives. He also regularly spouts about stuff like the NFL being scripted, stolen elections, 9/11 inside jobs, and any other conspiracy type thing. If the belief sounds nutty, he buys it. So I don’t take anything that he says seriously.

Do you even realize what kind of orchestration and coverup it would take to script the entire NFL? You’d need buy in from owners and executives, coaches and players, refs and broadcasters. Do you really think that they could keep that under wraps? How deep does it go? Does it get into college sports? High school? And why would they do it? Ratings? So America certainly loves the home team, superstar team winning…but do you not think that they’d love the massive underdog, heart throb, swagger having, young team more? Just look at who the country was picking to win. They wanted the Bengals in there. They wanted Cincinnati to win that game. Why would the NFL not rig it to please their fans and drive ratings? What kind of ratings go up when you have one team from Boston win 6 Super Bowls over two decades while major markets like Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Houston, San Francisco, Miami, Detroit, Washington, and Los Angeles (until yesterday) go without championships for 30 years?

The scripted NFL theory is just way too easy to refute, but in spite of all logic saying it’s bullshit, and no evidence saying it’s true, people believe it. I just can’t take those people seriously. Sorry.

Another good post, Johnny.    I have an uncle who is a great guy but he , too, is all in on conspiracies---ALL OF THEM.   Stolen elections, vaccines,  9/11, NASA, Kennedy assassination.  Some people are just susceptible to those things.   
Reply/Quote
I would like to ask Ike Curtis the significance of the Orwell quote. Could you expound on that, please?
Reply/Quote
Do you even realize what kind of orchestration and coverup it would take to script the entire NFL?

do you realize what billions of dollars, power and lies and dishonesty are capable of and have been for 1000 years ? I suppose you know all who walk around in the Pentagon? 

i dont need to know exactly how. I Just need to be smart enough to know  lie when i see one.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:50 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I would like to ask Ike Curtis the significance of the Orwell quote. Could you expound on that, please?

its self explanatory
Reply/Quote
First time ive watched foozeball in 2 years and all it did was remind me why i stopped. Even if you think the PI call is legit, which imo is laughable, the rams entire offensive line minus the center jumped before the ball moved on that play. How on earth that isnt called is interesting, that being said the nfl is a business and the bengals winning a superbowl does nothing for that business so this outcome wasn't shocking.
I do find it funny after 2 years of there ratings dropping because of their virtue signaling/kneeling bull crap this year we somehow magically get almost no blow outs except maybe pitt/kc cant recall the final score of that one. We get almost every playoff game coming down to the final minute with walk off field goals winning almost every playoff game. Seems sus to say the least.
Anyways rant over, back to not caring about the nfl, just wish i could get my wasted hours back watching the playoff s this year. Wont trick me again next year.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:20 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Do you feel like the NFL is somewhat analogous to the WWE in certain regards? I mean, is it legitimate competition or is it staged competition for purposes of entertainment of an audience? Just curious to see how you view the origin of sports entertainment.

There was a referenced article floating around 10 years ago that the NFL went to the supreme court to argue that they weren't a sport, but "sport entertainment". The discussion was around having "stories", and I guess they weren't allowed to push/advertise/make money off those as a sport, but they can as entertainment. So then it put it into WWE vein.

"Whats the difference between sports and sports entertainment?

Unlike typical sports and games, which are conducted for competition, sportsmanship, physical exercise or personal recreation, the primary product of sports entertainment is performance for an audience's benefit."

"The NFL is a private business so it is entirely legal for it to pre-determine the outcome of its games, just as the WWE does. Ultimately, it need be no different than a scripted television series or movie."

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/313959/string-theories-is-the-nfl-broken-because-its-fi.html

And "The Fix Is In" is a read if you just want food for thought (Brian Tuohy). Use the left hand navigation to see more:
https://www.thefixisin.net/the-proof-5-facts
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:37 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The scripted NFL theory is just way too easy to refute, but in spite of all logic saying it’s bullshit, and no evidence saying it’s true, people believe it. I just can’t take those people seriously. Sorry.

Some conspiracy theories are true, but most are just the result of people wanting to make themselves feel smarter than everyone else by "knowing" something that other people are not "smart enough" to understand. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:20 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Do you feel like the NFL is somewhat analogous to the WWE in certain regards? I mean, is it legitimate competition or is it staged competition for purposes of entertainment of an audience? Just curious to see how you view the origin of sports entertainment.

Great question. Is it 100% scripted? Maybe not. Although with the advent of legalized gambling and teams suddenly going for two point conversions in seemingly random parts the game seem highly suspect. Even more suspect when said two point conversions just so happen to cover the spread. 

I don't think it is scripted no, but it is definitely in the WWE realm in many other regards, and there is no doubt Goodell and the refs are influencing the games and seasons as they see fit. Part of the issue with that is the revenue sharing. An owner is apt to keep his mouth shut when he makes his money irregardless. I do think that is by design and this heavy push to have disinterested billionaire CEO's buying up teams strictly as their own personal ATM machine is to take the NFL into full blown WWE mold. 

It is strange to me with all of the scandals involving the NFL and games, players ect, with lawsuits and head coaches coming forward that they were being given bonuses to throw football games that we still pretend the NFL is on the up and up. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:54 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: But we were driving down for the game winning score or tie. We couldn't get the first down and into scoring position because our line is trash.
Yes we were driving, but Donald was offsides on the final play of the game, and that's likely why he pretty much went untouched towards Joe. One or two more seconds and Chase is in the end zone with the game winning TD.  That being said, and like I said in my last sentence, the reason the game was lost was ultimately on the poor offensive line, but the missed offsides call, IMO, was bigger than the Wilson holding. Both were terrible calls
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:37 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m not saying that you’re not a nice dude, you could be a fantastic person. My best friend growing up is an amazing man. I trust him with my life. I trust him with my children’s lives. He also regularly spouts about stuff like the NFL being scripted, stolen elections, 9/11 inside jobs, and any other conspiracy type thing. If the belief sounds nutty, he buys it. So I don’t take anything that he says seriously.

For real man......in a game like this I'm sure there is a favored team with regards to who the big money wants to win the game and I don't really think it's a conspiracy to think these refs don't take the most opportune times to throw the flag or to NOT throw the flag........all to give the "favored" team an advantage.  Now whether the team capitalizes on it is another question, but with ALL of the questionable and obvious poor and no calls over the years at the most crucial times by professional refs who train and study the rules, watch film and all of that other stuff.....
Where there is smoke there is fire.
Reply/Quote

"Just look at who the country was picking to win"  Yes.......and the fact they didn't means the house wins.  That's sort of the point
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:51 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah even my woman, who wouldnt normally say or notice things like that was like WTF the refs took over the game. And she was right. Scripted or not, the refs were lame tonight

I dont understand not calling anything till the last few minutes of the game then overcalling everything...      there was plenty of penalties left on the field for both sides through out the game
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:08 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: God help us if the NFL starts calling every penalty they see on replay.  Thats a hard pass for me

Doesn't have to be EVERY penalty. Little things they can let go, like an OL/DL off sides, or random OL/DL holding each other (which seems to happen on every single play). But major stuff like a facemask, or walking back a bad call when the replay reveals it wasn't legit absolutely needs to happen.  

The Saints, for example, got about as screwed as can possibly be against the Rams not too long ago. It was glaringly obvious to everybody with a pair of eyes that it was pass interference. Yet three refs all facing the play, none of them more than 10 yards away, never flagged it. Then when the replay confirmed what an egregious missed penalty it was, the refs still didn't fix it. It's just an absolute embarrassment to say the least. Three refs. All watching. All seeing what happened. No flags. Replay confirms. Still no flags.  Sick How can that be?! They basically shrugged and said "play on!" and cost the Saints a trip to the SB.

Don't even get me started on the NFC Championship between the Niners/Rams. Multiple big no-calls against the Rams that helped them tremendously. Multiple big calls against the Niners that hurt them tremendously. Just unreal.

Reffing is unbelievable, sickening, and a true abomination in this sport. So bad it borders on corruption. Yeah, we could have done better. But the godawful farce that are the refs didn't help there at the end when it really mattered. No calls all night, then all of a sudden in the closing minutes they start throwing flags as if their life depended on it. Most of them against the Bengals. Seems suspicious.

RantPissed

It's just terrible.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
WE WON !!! EAT OUR DUST !!! NOTHING IS RIGGED U WHINO POOCIES !!!

Hahaha THATS WHAT U GET FOR TALKING DESTINY !!!

LA RAMS YOUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!
Reply/Quote
The NFL isn't WWE. No way it's scripted, else we'd have lost to the Titans at the very least, and definitely the Chiefs.

Honestly we left a lot of points on the field, and that's the most frustrating part. I'd have sooner believed our defense was the reason we lost the SB, but really they were fantastic, and it's our anemic redzone offense that's killing us. Obviously O-Line is the undeniably ridiculous need, but it's amazing to me just how close we were to taking the trophy home.... in LA's stadium no less. They had a home game and just eeked out a win. Hats off to them, they can celebrate it for the next 5 years while their team is nothing like what they just had and doesn't even sniff playoffs. We, on the other hand, will have a really competitive team that's only going to be better, and for what I'd perceive to be a while, the AFCN will run through Cincy. I couldn't even think football for the last couple days due to that feeling of heartbreak, but now I see nothing but great things in store for us for a reasonably good long while.

And... how crazy is it that we don't have to wait FOREVER for free agency and the draft?! One could get used to that Wink

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote