Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.07 Average
The NFL is absolutely scripted
(02-14-2022, 07:17 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Contradictions and insults prove that you're incapable of proving me wrong.
You're the one Who BELIEVES something.
You need to believe in virtual reality or your life has no meaning. You need to live vicariously through jocks on your tv. That's exactly what tv is for. Distraction and hypnosis. 
Questioning things us actually the least dumbest thing to do. I question. You BELIEVE in things. 

Mods, time to use your ban rights. Cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs clearly isn't here to talk ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:17 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Contradictions and insults prove that you're incapable of proving me wrong.
You're the one Who BELIEVES something.
You need to believe in virtual reality or your life has no meaning. You need to live vicariously through jocks on your tv. That's exactly what tv is for. Distraction and hypnosis. 
Questioning things us actually the least dumbest thing to do. I question. You BELIEVE in things. 

Why do you keep going on about “jocks” in a derogatory way? This is a football message board. Some truly bizarre posts.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mods, time to use your ban rights. Cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs clearly isn't here to talk ball.

Maybe it’s the real Isaac Curtis and he’s going a little senile…

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is true, although, with the NFL being a legalized gambling sport, there's gonna be a chance of increased possibilities now. 

No doubt. Big money opens the door for big corruption.  Worrisome.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you keep going on about “jocks” in a derogatory way? This is a football message board. Some truly bizarre posts.

Thinking the same thing. Just plain weird...almost creepy.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you keep going on about “jocks” in a derogatory way? This is a football message board. Some truly bizarre posts.

Where's the derogatory part?
I'm simply analyzing something. Put yourself in the lights, you will be scrutinized and questioned. 

Nothing you need to worry or be defensive about.

I like sports. I don't need to sound like a little boy while liking it. There's nothing bizarre about my posts. It's called reality/truth. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mods, time to use your ban rights. Cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs clearly isn't here to talk ball.

I in fact am talking ball. 
My view isn't harming you in any way.
I just don't lie to myself. Do you base all your friendships on whether they agree with you about everything?
Do you ban them from your life? No. So it should be no difference here. We simply disagree on a topic.
Reply/Quote

The NFL commercial they showed while the game was going on still literally said the Rams were super bowl champions, the kid says super bowl champs again and then it shows Aaron Donald walk across the screen....Lol
Reply/Quote
Interesting discussion, for sure....

The truth is the NFL is rigged and has been for almost two decades now. Scripted? Doubt it. Rigged? Without a doubt. They are not in the business of selling sporting events, they are in the business of telling stories. Last night? It was blatant as can be all the way from the Pre-game show throughout the game. The entire even was all Los Trashelas, all the time. The entire event from top to bottom was one huge circlejerk for the homeless capital of the United States.

Here is where people ask what Goodell's reasoning is. It is simple: Goodell has wanted a team in L.A. since he was hired. It has been his wet dream, the cash cow of cash cows for the NFL in his eyes. The problem is what the problem has always been with L.A., it is a fairweather, fake as hell fanbase. Always has been. So far the L.A. 3.0. experiment has been failure number 3.0..10 billion dollars spent on the market and the fanbase isn't showing up.

What really hurt Goodells plans was Marc Davis snubbing his nose at the NFL and building the Raiders a new stadium in Las Vegas, only a few hours from L.A. and within the "Los Angeles market." Why do you think he leaked those Gruden emails and tried to sink the Raiders? Let's be real here. The old Los Angeles Raiders fans are making the commute to Vegas to support the Raiders. Goodell was counting on them to jump bandwagons.

This entire event was all about the Rams and Goodell trying to build his brand. There was zero chance, none at all that he wasn't going to have the officials effect the game if need be to have the Rams house the Fraudbardi trophy in their home stadium. Again, he blew 10 billion dollars on the "L.A. Rams" brand and is desperate for a return on investment. The Rams had to "win" the story the NFL spent all day yesterday trying to tell. There was no other way.

The referees threw the game. That is blatant and obvious. It is also disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:41 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I in fact am talking ball. 
My view isn't harming you in any way.
I just don't lie to myself. Do you base all your friendships on whether they agree with you about everything?
Do you ban them from your life? No. So it should be no difference here. We simply disagree on a topic.

No, my friendships are not forged in mutual agreement.
You are not my friend.
Reply/Quote
These posts are just billboards for who not to take seriously as a poster.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This thread is where logic goes to die.
Reply/Quote
Did they script the Bengals failing to score a TD after Chase's big catch that gave Bengals 1st and goal from the 4 yd line ?

Was the Bengals only scoring 3 points on turnovers the defense gifted them scripted too ?

Was it scripted that Hargreaves ran into the end zone to celebrate something he had nothing to do with bringing a costly penalty ?

Was it scripted that on final drive after two quick completions the Bengals had 2nd and 1 only 15 yards from FG range and failed to even get the 1 yd in 3 plays ?

Bengals had their opportunities but O-line just was not up to the task this particular day. We all know the problem and its now time to attack it aggressively.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That scripted no call facemask to get the Bengals back in it to start the 2nd half didn't convince me to turn off the TV, though.
Of the multiple  very questionalble or flat out horrible calls/no calls in that game went against Cincy.  Still...Jackass Taylor and his "analytics" on the fourth and one came back to bite him in the ass
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:57 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Interesting discussion, for sure....

The truth is the NFL is rigged and has been for almost two decades now. Scripted? Doubt it. Rigged? Without a doubt. They are not in the business of selling sporting events, they are in the business of telling stories. Last night? It was blatant as can be all the way from the Pre-game show throughout the game. The entire even was all Los Trashelas, all the time. The entire event from top to bottom was one huge circlejerk for the homeless capital of the United States.

Here is where people ask what Goodell's reasoning is. It is simple: Goodell has wanted a team in L.A. since he was hired. It has been his wet dream, the cash cow of cash cows for the NFL in his eyes. The problem is what the problem has always been with L.A., it is a fairweather, fake as hell fanbase. Always has been. So far the L.A. 3.0. experiment has been failure number 3.0..10 billion dollars spent on the market and the fanbase isn't showing up.

What really hurt Goodells plans was Marc Davis snubbing his nose at the NFL and building the Raiders a new stadium in Las Vegas, only a few hours from L.A. and within the "Los Angeles market." Why do you think he leaked those Gruden emails and tried to sink the Raiders? Let's be real here. The old Los Angeles Raiders fans are making the commute to Vegas to support the Raiders. Goodell was counting on them to jump bandwagons.

This entire event was all about the Rams and Goodell trying to build his brand. There was zero chance, none at all that he wasn't going to have the officials effect the game if need be to have the Rams house the Fraudbardi trophy in their home stadium. Again, he blew 10 billion dollars on the "L.A. Rams" brand and is desperate for a return on investment. The Rams had to "win" the story the NFL spent all day yesterday trying to tell. There was no other way.

The referees threw the game. That is blatant and obvious. It is also disappointing.

I'm not sure rigging is the right term.  Maybe rigged if the right opportunity presents itself.  What I mean by that is if you turn the entire game around and flip flop it to where it was Cincy driving for the winning score it's possible the false start gets called or the holding doesn't get called because I think the media had already ordained Stafford and the Rams as the team most deserving...because of what they did to get the talent there TO win it.  I just think in some games it really is ordained that refs favor certain teams when it comes to questionable calls.  The unnecessary roughness.  Think about it....all the way back against Pitts with Joey Porter being on the field and not getting flagged when Burfect and Jones did.  The final play had Donald been called offsides (which he clearly was) then that's a free play rather than the end of the game.  No call even though it had to be as clear as day to the line judge who is LOOKING for those things.  The Rams game winning drive.....had the false start been called Taylor would have turned it down and it would have been fourth down and goal, instead no false start was called and holding was called on the same play.  Just too many things over the years that are too obvious that make me think the refs "know" when to swallow the whistle and "when" to blow it.  That being said the Bengals don't give the refs the opportunity had they had just a mediocre offensive line in the second half.  It is what it is
Reply/Quote
The referee work was awful true. And of all the messed up calls only one went the Bengals way while multiple went otherwise. But that does not mean it's all scripted. It means the refs are bad at their jobs and frequently are biased in favor of players / teams. Home cooking is a MAJOR issue in the league and so is officials preferring one player or team over another. And sadly with the prevalence now of gambling there is a real possibility each game of refs having family/friends with bets on games and then trying to help make it happen.

This is why you need professional refs who as a condition of employment agree to wide ranging background checks, professional vetting and training and also the league needs to keep careful track of which refs like which teams and ensure they NEVER ref a game involving their favorites.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone uncovered anything about the ref who threw the flag on Wilson? Who is he? Where is he from? Background?

I don't believe any of this scripted nonsense but where there's big money involved, there is often corruption. Also, most referees are sports fans. And humans are flawed creatures. Did this guy grow up a fan of a particular team? I wonder who his rooting interest is.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: The referee work was awful true. And of all the messed up calls only one went the Bengals way while multiple went otherwise. But that does not mean it's all scripted. It means the refs are bad at their jobs and frequently are biased in favor of players / teams. Home cooking is a MAJOR issue in the league and so is officials preferring one player or team over another. And sadly with the prevalence now of gambling there is a real possibility each game of refs having family/friends with bets on games and then trying to help make it happen.

This is why you need professional refs who as a condition of employment agree to wide ranging background checks, professional vetting and training and also the league needs to keep careful track of which refs like which teams and ensure they NEVER ref a game involving their favorites.

I know the head ref in last night's game is a lawyer.  I wonder what the rest of them do?  Plumbers? Car salesmen? Deal black jack?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:27 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Has anyone uncovered anything about the ref who threw the flag on Wilson?  Who is he?  Where is he from? Background?  

I don't believe any of this scripted nonsense but where there's big money involved, there is often corruption. Also, most referees are sports fans. And humans are flawed creatures.  Did this guy grow up a fan of a particular team? I wonder who his rooting interest is.
It's definitely controlled by the reffs. They don't get paid shit.. You know damn well they would take money to do their best to get a certain outcome.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:32 PM)Tony Wrote: It's definitely controlled by the reffs. They don't get paid shit.. You know damn well they would take money to do their best to get a certain outcome.. 

I think Joelist made a valid point.  Professionals who go through rigorous vetting is the way to go. How do we know if the phantom hold ref didn't have a betting interest and a huge load riding on a Rams win or maybe is a fan of LA ?  How much vetting is done on these guys?  How do we know how objective they are?
Reply/Quote