Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New "Ginger Genius"
(08-22-2019, 11:56 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Oh yeah 2015.  I might have heard of this year once or twice.
In all my years of being on this and the previous board. Only one thing has been posted more to excuse poor QB player than Andy's HOF 2015 season:

[Image: proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.nfl....ab6629483d]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d just as soon forget 2015, but that’s just me.

It's not just you.

It is all the Andy Haters.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:56 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Oh yeah 2015.  I might have heard of this year once or twice.

(08-22-2019, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we accuse Steelers fans of bringing up the past too much...

Let me make sure I understand the rules here.

Anything bad from Andy's past can be used to rip him, but nothing good can be mentioned to support him.

Is that how it works?  Because I have seen both of you bring up the past many, many, many times.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't this thread about Ryan Finley at one point...way back when?  Mellow

[Image: ezgif-3-ff099aa24826.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wasn't this thread about Ryan Finley at one point...way back when?  Mellow

Is Finley even a ginger?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is Finley even a ginger?

He could pass, I reckon.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 02:38 PM)HuDey Wrote: He could pass, I reckon.

Nice pun.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have to admit,this guy has really impressed me.Can’t wait to see more of what he can do.I’ll be honest,I didn’t like when they drafted him.I believe this guy is the real deal.Would love to see him get a couple series with the first team offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wasn't this thread about Ryan Finley at one point...way back when?  Mellow

It was all the way up to post 5
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is Finley even a ginger?

Daywalker

Reply/Quote
He looked... ok, with the first team. Nothing stellar, but nothing bad.

It was 3rd stringers, but Dolegala was ace. Great touch, great hanging in the pocket, strong arm.

If they can develop him, save the draft for more oline and maybe Dolegala can emerge.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He looked... ok, with the first team. Nothing stellar, but nothing bad.

It was 3rd stringers, but Dolegala was ace. Great touch, great hanging in the pocket, strong arm.

If they can develop him, save the draft for more oline and maybe Dolegala can emerge.

Dolegala raised one of my eyebrows for sure ! Who knows if Dugas could remember why he's out there this game may have had different outcome ?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dolegala raised one of my eyebrows for sure ! Who knows if Dugas could remember why he's out there this game may have had different outcome ?

Its possible! lol.

Dugas had a pretty good game, outside of that horrible gaffe.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He looked... ok, with the first team. Nothing stellar, but nothing bad.

Assuming we can even hold onto him.  Call it an overreaction, but if he hits the PS he's gone sometime this season.

Frankly, I want to keep him. I like his upside way more than Finley's.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Assuming we can even hold onto him.  Call it an overreaction, but if he hits the PS he's gone sometime this season.

Frankly, I want to keep him. I like his upside way more than Finley's.

Definitely not.

We'll offer more money to stay on PS. You'll see.

EDIT: And definitely; Finley is more ready for now, but just looks at Dolegala's traits; he needs work, but his ceiling is MUCH higher.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Definitely not.

EDIT: And definitely; Finley is more ready for now, but just looks at Dolegala's traits; he needs work, but his ceiling is MUCH higher.
I assume he'll get more playing time next week.

If they can stash him, by all means.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dugas had a pretty good game, outside of that horrible gaffe.

He looked awful to me for most of the game. I think there was at least two times when Finley was out there where Dugas didn't even try to block anybody. One was a sack where he just let the dude run right past him. I'm no offensive line expert or anything but I thought he was stinking it up out there. Kick him and Jerry to the curve, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Definitely not.

Money and future. Jake's path to be a back up or starting QB is a good one in Cincinnati. AD is not signed long term and could be on way out. Then, he competes against Finley to start.

I say best move is for Jake on our PS, for him and for us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: He looked awful to me for most of the game. I think there was at least two times when Finley was out there where Dugas didn't even try to block anybody. One was a sack where he just let the dude run right past him. I'm no offensive line expert or anything but I thought he was stinking it up out there. Kick him and Jerry to the curve, IMO.

He had one play where he forgot the block. Other than that no QB pressures from Dugas. TE's whiffed on blocks 2 or times on his side though
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some Super Bowl game winning performances

Roethlisberger '05.... 22.6 rating... 123 yds... 0 td
Elway '97...……………. 51.9 rating... 123 yds... 0 td
P Manning '15...……. 56.6 rating... 141 yds... 0 td
Brady '18...…………… 71.4 rating... 262 yds... 0 td
Theisman '82...……. 75.1 rating... 143 yds... 2 td
Aikman '93...……….. 77.2 rating... 202 yds... 0 td
Johnson '02...……… 79.9 rating... 215 yds... 2 td
Dilfer '00...………….. 80.9 rating... 153 yds... 1 td

Seeing the stats above only reassures me that we should have won it all in 05 & 15. Heck Manning's Stats in the 2015 SB is pretty much Andy's post season average so we would have been fine.

Speaking seriously now, we have a good problem at the QB position right now. Dalton still has to prove himself to this new coach/staff ( unless Mikey has a Marv crush on Andy for 17 years) andcwe have 2 promising young QB's ready to step up. I would say we will be fine if Andy gets injured but to be honest this D and Oline look horrible. We have absolutely no run game at all, which will just put more pressure on the young QB's if one has to step in. I just hope we find a way to keep both Finley and Dolegala so we can focus on building this Oline and improving the D in the near future.
Reply/Quote