Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New "Ginger Genius"
(08-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't log onto the internet because I want to be reasonable.

There it is!

I'm all for giving him the last series with starters game 3, and working with starting OL game 4.

Is he Kitna 2.0, though? (Everything but the arm)
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You know who else had good pocket awareness and other qualities that supposedly meant he should get a chance with the 1s to see if he was better than Dalton? AJ frickin' McCarron.

You know who else looked really good in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Jeff frickin' Driskel.

And look where they are now.

People need to calm down with Finley being the heir apparent to Dalton, let alone even being the starter this year. I like the dude and hope that if he ever does see the field during the regular season, he slings the ball like Tom Brady, but damn, some of you just need to take a cold shower or something. Sheesh.

Not really. His skills are visually superior. That said, cold showers need to be taken if anyone thinks he's ready to step in and supplant QB14.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The kid has shown me there another way to avoid a sack that to get rid of the ball in a nanosecond. This kid stands tall in the pocket and seems to have a good feel for it. The arm doesn't appear to be the greatest but that may be easier to work on than the intangibles he appears to have.

hes got them happy feet 

always moving was most impressed with that.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: this crap cant really be starting again can it?

No doubt. Andy has finished bottom half of the NFL in passer rating the last couple years. When will the idiots stop this "maybe we could have an upgrade" BS?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I really like the progress Finley has made since everyone was poo pooing on him during OTAs ....kid looked good last night. Funny, a few weeks ago people were saying he should be cut, now people want him to start....lol. I would like to see him get some reps with the ones vs someone else's ones.

well even munoz was talking about how bad he looked in OTAs  but it seems to be starting to slow down for him
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. His skills are visually superior. That said, cold showers need to be taken if anyone thinks he's ready to step in and supplant QB14.

Oh pshaw, this place is wacky.  8 years ago I was a fool for thinking one gingery, un-flashy QB COULD NOT start on day 1 and now I'm a fool for thinking another gingery, un-flashy QB COULD start on day 1.

It's madness, I tells ya!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Andy has finished bottom half of the NFL in passer rating the last couple years. When will the idiots stop this "maybe we could have an upgrade" BS?

It is not requesting an upgrade.  It is the silly claim that whatever scrub backup we have on the roster should replace dalton.

Remember all the guys around here who claimed McCarron would be an upgrade?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. His skills are visually superior.

No they aren't .
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not requesting an upgrade.  It is the silly claim that whatever scrub backup we have on the roster should replace dalton.

So you're saying they've done it once before in 8 years?
Why do you call Finley a scrub backup?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
One thing I noticed about Finleys performance last night is that quite a few throws were a little late and behind the receivers. This was not by design either. Granted, they were catchable and our guys did a good job pulling them in, but will need to work on his timing a little.

Reply/Quote
I thought Finlay played really well and probably secured the back up spot on that display.
I also don't know why Price was mentioned as a 1st rd wiff, I thought he did well also along with the rest of the O-line. Dalton had loads of time in the pocket compaired to last season
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: One thing I noticed about Finleys performance last night is that quite a few throws were a little late and behind the receivers. This was not by design either. Granted, they were catchable and our guys did a good job pulling them in, but will need to work on his timing a little.

Unfortunately, the only thing that can help with that issue, is more reps.  The pro game is much faster than the college game, as in those little windows to fit passes through close so much quicker in the NFL.  But, for a mid-round rookie prospect, I think he's doing just fine.  However, when the preseason is done, so might be his development for the year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not requesting an upgrade.  It is the silly claim that whatever scrub backup we have on the roster should replace dalton.

(08-16-2019, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you call Finley a scrub backup?

No joke! I want to know why Dalton isn't referred to as a scrub starter? Oh.... wait a min. I know why. It's a Bengals fan page.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: One thing I noticed about Finleys performance last night is that quite a few throws were a little late and behind the receivers. This was not by design either. Granted, they were catchable and our guys did a good job pulling them in, but will need to work on his timing a little.

How did the incumbent starter do? Was he even able to accomplish that? NOPE
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:51 PM)Destro Wrote: He looked good. Will be a good back up.

You spelled "starter" and "Bengals legend" wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to see Ryan Finley play with the first team offense against a first team defense before anointing him the heir apparent.

(08-16-2019, 09:41 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, he looked like what I would expect a backup QB to look like.  He made good throws, he looked poised in the pocket - but against #2s and #3s.  If your backup can't do that, then you have a problem (see Jeff Driskel).

Our QB of the future hasn't been drafted yet.  It won't be Finley.  Frankly, with how this team has looked thus far, I'm starting to wonder if even 6-10 is too optimistic.  Would not surprise me at all if this team was in prime position to draft one of the top 3 QBs next spring.

- Tough to find those snaps when the guy gifted the job for the 9th straight year gets all of the chances with the 1s.

- I think it's adorable how arrogant you are regarding your expectations of the rookie "backup", who has blown the doors off of any real world expectations and has played better than ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB DRAFTED IN 2019, while the starter looks like trash.
Reply/Quote
In 2011 we had little choice but to start AD. Today we do have choices. Look I'm as high on Finley as anyone he shows a ton of promise. But there's no need to throw him into the fire, right now.
Reply/Quote

Just 2 weeks ago Finley was a bust that the majority didn't want to give a chance.......
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - Tough to find those snaps when the guy gifted the job for the 9th straight year gets all of the chances with the 1s.

- I think it's adorable how arrogant you are regarding your expectations of the rookie "backup", who has blown the doors off of any real world expectations and has played better than ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB DRAFTED IN 2019, while the starter looks like trash.

He played well against the 2nd and 3rd stringers on a shitty Redskins team.  Forgive me if I'm not hopping up and down. 

You seem irritable.  Take a nap.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Heck, some were calling for Driskel to start after last year's preseason!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote