Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O-line is not a concern...
(02-27-2017, 05:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say the QB and RBs aren't too keen on him either.

Our OLine.  That's Bodine in the middle there.

[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was reading his scouting report the other day. Apparently he had a back injury in college that caused his play to drop off a cliff. Totally robbed him of his strength. Sure looked like strength was still an issue last year. I wonder if the back injury is still lingering. 

Paul Alexander being the longest tenured coach on the team for some reason has more pull than any other assistant coach. On the bright side if OG is a failure maybe this is the end of Paul. 

Don't hold your breath...... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Concussions aren't a big deal, halftime adjustments are just reporter speak and the OL played poorly because the rest of the team was bad.

Marvin's like your crazy aunt who blurts out random thoughts and everyone just smiles and nods.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 11:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Concussions aren't a big deal, halftime adjustments are just reporter speak and the OL played poorly because the rest of the team was bad.

Marvin's like your crazy aunt who blurts out random thoughts and everyone just smiles and nods.

[Image: 82f6de33265be61d39619be97b40e7aa.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: 82f6de33265be61d39619be97b40e7aa.jpg]

She is the reason why I hear "Play ball!" inside my head after every rendition of the National Anthem. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

She is the reason why I hear "Play ball!" inside my head after every rendition of the National Anthem. 

LOL.....me too Smirk

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's somewhat reassuring.....if they don't.....Bengals fans heads are likely to explode.  For good reason....

Exactly, we aren't overreacting here. From what we saw of Og last year losing Whitworth would totally
implode this team from the Franchise QB on down offensively. This would in turn ***** slap our Defense
who would be tired and having to protect a short field all season.

A recipe for complete disaster. Bringing back Whitworth is a MUST with this team because of PA and his
total ineptness at picking and working with HIS players.

(03-01-2017, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tobin talks about Ogbuehi and the O-line

“I think Cedric is still a tremendous prospect – I really do,” said Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin Wednesday at the NFL scouting combine. “He hasn’t had a (healthy) offseason, so it will be good to get him one. The injury thing has been real with him and it has hurt Fish too on the other side. It will be good to get them a full offseason of work and development and maybe at a position to focus on. But I think Cedric is a marvelously talented young man. I think he’s made of the right stuff to work at it, and I’m bullish on him and his ability to play. I really am.”

“Everybody employs different techniques, and I think it is incumbent upon us to look at the players that we have and use the techniques that they’re able to use and to maximize each player in the way that they can be maximized,” said Tobin. “But it’s also incumbent on the player to develop the traits to fit in to what we do. It’s a two-way street. Does Cedric need strength development? Sure he did. So did Fish. All young tackles do. Does he need technique work? Sure he does. So does Fish. I think Paul will do a great job of getting him up to speed and finding the things that he does well, and finding the things he struggles with and trying to build on those.”

“Whit encompasses everything you want when you pull a guy off a draft board from a scouting perspective,” Tobin said. “When you pull the name off the draft board and turn it in, you want him to be Andrew Whitworth ten years from now. On your team…multiple contracts…starter…Pro Bowl player…leader of everybody…and I can throw (Domata) Peko in that mix too. When you’re sitting in a film room thinking about how good this guy could be, those guys encompass exactly what you want. Would I be upset if Whit came back? Hell no. The more good players you can have the better.”

“I think we’ve got some young guys that are looking for the opportunity,” said Tobin. “(Christian) Westerman is a guy that’s used to playing and played a lot in college. He’s also a guy that we didn’t get much opportunity for this year so he’s going to be coming back kind of as a rookie too. But I don’t think the game is too big for him. We have other young guys like (T.J.) Johnson and (Trey) Hopkins. (Alex) Redmond is another guy with great physical traits. So it would be a competition if it’s an open spot. And there might be a player to be named later if there’s an open spot. We’ll see.”  

Sure, Duke is supposed to say these things but i have no faith in PA coaching anyone up.

They will have to do it on their own from what i have seen and heard which is another reason we NEED Whitworth back.

He is pretty much a coach on the field, we need him to push Fisher. Ogbuehi didn't even show try last year.

If Og showed some try and want i would have some hope for him. Maybe he would work extremely hard to gain muscle
and come back from those injuries that both seem to plague him. The deal is PA still started the guy for 3/4 of our season
last year with these lingering injuries. This is completely unacceptable.

You cannot blame Og as much as PA for this very reason.
Reply/Quote