Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
I suspect we'll know something here by Monday. Just a hunch. Please post any and all updates pertaining to RFN here.

Bring him back, fat Mike.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they resign Reggie, I'll be one happy camper. He's one of my favorite players and the hardest hitting player on the team.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Reggie_Nelson_Watch.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd buy that ^^^^
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: Reggie_Nelson_Watch.jpg]

Rep.
Reply/Quote
Re-sign him. Pay the people.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
all along I have consigned myself to the fact that we would probably lose one of our safeties. I liked them both, but I knew we were going to lose some players somewhere and safety seemed like one of the positions where we had a good back up in Williams to step in and start.

I will be thrilled if we can sign Nelson, but I really think we need to get a WR done first. we are lucky to have one of the best WRs in the league, but we have NOTHING behind Green.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: all along I have consigned myself to the fact that we would probably lose one of our safeties.  I liked them both, but I knew we were going to lose some players somewhere and safety seemed like one of the positions where we had a good back up in Williams to step in and start.

I will be thrilled if we can sign Nelson, but I really think we need to get a WR done first.  we are lucky to have one of the best WRs in the league, but we have NOTHING behind Green.

Put Reggie in at WR.. Problem solved.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:26 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Put Reggie in at WR.. Problem solved.  Ninja

Adam Jones played on offense some for the Titans,

No ninja.

**EDIT** 

2006.  2 catches for 31 yards, 2 rushes for 8 yards
Reply/Quote
I'd definitely want Reggie back.

I only wonder if that injury he had last year may be a factor?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: Reggie_Nelson_Watch.jpg]

Nice.

BTW i think it is gettin more and more likely we bring the Predator back.

Sure hope so, Reggie, Dansby and Lafell would be pretty damn good FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope so, Reggie, Dansby and Lafell would be pretty damn good FA.

Plus Iloka and Jones.  Those 2 were huge.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus Iloka and Jones.  Those 2 were huge.

Most definately and i actually didn't expect to get both of those guys back honestly.

Iloka, Adam, Reggie, Dansby and Lafell would be great to go along with the depth we signed.

I guess Vinny really isn't depth either since he starts a lot of the time.
Reply/Quote
I actually want to move on and see what Williams can do full time. If he accepts back up money that is fine, but good teams let guys go a year too early rather than a year too late.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually want to move on and see what Williams can do full time. If he accepts back up money that is fine, but good teams let guys go a year too early rather than a year too late.

Normally I'd agree with that, but Nelson has shown no signs of slowing down and is coming off a career year. 

I have to wonder if something is wrong medically or teams are reluctant to pay what he's asking considering his age.

If he lowers his price, I don't see how you don't bring him back and plug him in as starter for another 1-2 years.

If the price is low, we could theoretically start Williams and cut Nelson the following year if Nelson falls off.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually want to move on and see what Williams can do full time. If he accepts back up money that is fine, but good teams let guys go a year too early rather than a year too late.

I like what I have seen in Williams, but I also have flash backs of when everyone thought Vinny Rey was going to be a star because of a couple of big games in 2013.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If they resign Reggie, I'll be one happy camper. He's one of my favorite players and the hardest hitting player on the team.

Max Williams disagrees...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If they resign Reggie, I'll be one happy camper. He's one of my favorite players and the hardest hitting player on the team.

I had to do a double take on this.  Iloka and Williams both seem like they hit harder than Reg.  Got them fan goggles on

That said Nelson was tied for most interceptions last year and he really didn't slow down at all.  I am confused that no one has picked him up yet.  I am thinking maybe something came back on his physical or maybe he just has blinders on wanting to come back here ( you never know ).  Would love to have him back tho.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Steeler killer.

Reply/Quote
Can anyone see them actually having the cap space available to get Dansby, Nelson and LaFell?
Reply/Quote