Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
(03-24-2016, 09:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: I had to do a double take on this.  Iloka and Williams both seem like they hit harder than Reg.  Got them fan goggles on

That said Nelson was tied for most interceptions last year and he really didn't slow down at all.  I am confused that no one has picked him up yet.  I am thinking maybe something came back on his physical or maybe he just has blinders on wanting to come back here ( you never know ).  Would love to have him back tho.
I remember the Bengals losing to Dallas a few years ago because Reggie blasted Dez Bryant in the chest so hard.  It was a clean hit on 3rd down.  The ref threw the flag; first down....  Bengals lose.  Then there was the time he blasted Antonio Brown so hard that Brown jumped to his feet, and pulled his shirt up for some reason....  It was weird.  I think the sideline camera caught him yelping.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:56 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Can anyone see them actually having the cap space available to get Dansby, Nelson and LaFell?

We talking real cap space, or made up cap space? Because in real cap space the Bengals have $21m. In made up cap space they have like -$5m or so.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: I remember the Bengals losing to Dallas a few years ago because Reggie blasted Dez Bryant in the chest so hard.  It was a clean hit on 3rd down.  The ref threw the flag; first down....  Bengals lose.  Then there was the time he blasted Antonio Brown so hard that Brown jumped to his feet, and pulled his shirt up for some reason....  It was weird.  I think the sideline camera caught him yelping.
Here's the Dez Bryant video, be warned, the guy's voice is F'ing loud and annoying. So I would suggest watching it on mute.

As for the Antonio Bryant hit, here you go.. https://youtu.be/R5c2snw9I-4?t=216  I don't think I can embed a video at a specific time into the forum, but that link right there should take you right to it.

Here's some other good ones I found in my search for those two.

[Image: hit.gif]

Plus the Steelers absolutely hate him. If that's not an amazing endorsement on how good of a person he is, I don't know what is.

[Image: leveon-bell-hit-in-knee-by-reggie-nelson...=640&h=348]

That said, he USED to be the hardest hitting player on the team. If you allow counting friendly on friendly hits as hard hitting, Taylor Mays probably owns that title now. Ninja Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Here's the Dez Bryant video, be warned, the guy's voice is F'ing loud and annoying. So I would suggest watching it on mute.

As for the Antonio Bryant hit, here you go.. https://youtu.be/R5c2snw9I-4?t=216  I don't think I can embed a video at a specific time into the forum, but that link right there should take you right to it.

Here's some other good ones I found in my search for those two.

[Image: hit.gif]

Plus the Steelers absolutely hate him. If that's not an amazing endorsement on how good of a person he is, I don't know what is.

[Image: leveon-bell-hit-in-knee-by-reggie-nelson...=640&h=348]

That said, he USED to be the hardest hitting player on the team. If you allow counting friendly on friendly hits as hard hitting, Taylor Mays probably owns that title now. Ninja Lol

Reggie has been falsely called for illegal hits for perfectly clean hits more than any player I've ever seen. Dude just hits so hard the refs think it has to be a flag  ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Max Williams disagrees...

Max Williams still doesn't know what day it is after that hit...  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:26 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Put Reggie in at WR.. Problem solved.  Ninja

He caught more passes than our WR Tate. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Well Rashad Johnson signed with Titans. Doubt they want Reggie now.
Reply/Quote
So I'm guessing it's just the dollar amount? I've got to think he would've landed somewhere by now.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Normally I'd agree with that, but Nelson has shown no signs of slowing down and is coming off a career year. 

I have to wonder if something is wrong medically or teams are reluctant to pay what he's asking considering his age.

If he lowers his price, I don't see how you don't bring him back and plug him in as starter for another 1-2 years.

If the price is low, we could theoretically start Williams and cut Nelson the following year if Nelson falls off.

(03-24-2016, 09:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: I had to do a double take on this.  Iloka and Williams both seem like they hit harder than Reg.  Got them fan goggles on

That said Nelson was tied for most interceptions last year and he really didn't slow down at all.  I am confused that no one has picked him up yet.  I am thinking maybe something came back on his physical or maybe he just has blinders on wanting to come back here ( you never know ).  Would love to have him back tho.

Love Reggie, but i think that maybe all those interceptions covered up some of his bad tackling.

I saw quite a few missed tackles from Reggie last year fellas, this could be a sign of him starting to regress.

I still want the guy back here badly but this is what i saw and i am sure some others saw last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Reggie, but i think that maybe all those interceptions covered up some of his bad tackling.

I saw quite a few missed tackles from Reggie last year fellas, this could be a sign of him starting to regress.

I still want the guy back here badly but this is what i saw and i am sure some others saw last year.

I actually saw outstanding deep coverage, which is very important from his position and big reason why he was able to get the picks.....
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Reggie, but i think that maybe all those interceptions covered up some of his bad tackling.

im sure its a matter of how much to invest in a player his age... While some can stay productive into late 30s its the exception not the norm.

Hes always been a big hitter for us although got flagged for a few of them (even when clean)

The picks was a nice change last year our defense hasnt been doing much of that since that magical 05 season.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Reggie, but i think that maybe all those interceptions covered up some of his bad tackling.

I saw the same things you saw.  He has always been a big hitter, and a really good tackler.  In watching the games last year, when there was a missed tackle, I was surprised how many times it was Reggie that missed.  Not saying that he was a liability, I would say that his tackling went from really good, to perhaps just above average.  Perhaps we were spoiled because he rarely missed tackles for so many years, then he started missing a few.  Perhaps it was just on off year.  

The good news is this.  Seems the Bengals are back to working a deal with Reggie.

http://http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/brandon-thompson-re-signs-with-bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 01:15 PM)Benton Wrote: So I'm guessing it's just the dollar amount? I've got to think he would've landed somewhere by now.

It has to be that, or the injury still lingers?  Has anyone seen any updates in his health status?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 03:11 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It has to be that, or the injury still lingers?  Has anyone seen any updates in his health status?

No, but usually no news (for fans) is good news.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 01:15 PM)Benton Wrote: So I'm guessing it's just the dollar amount? I've got to think he would've landed somewhere by now.

I believe every place that has expressed interest in Nelson has gone on to sign a different safety. Perhaps his price is too high or the team has decided that now is the time to find out if Shawn Williams is the guy or not.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 02:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I actually saw outstanding deep coverage, which is very important from his position and big reason why he was able to get the picks.....

True, his deep coverage was outstanding last year. Him and a healthy Iloka are the best at this in the league IMO.

He looked fast out there so that is a great thing i just saw him miss some tackles he has made in the past.

(03-25-2016, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im sure its a matter of how much to invest in a player his age... While some can stay productive into late 30s its the exception not the norm.

Hes always been a big hitter for us although got flagged for a few of them (even when clean)

The picks was a nice change last year  our defense hasnt been doing much of that since that magical 05 season.

Reggie has been flagged tons of times on BS calls no question.

(03-25-2016, 02:53 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I saw the same things you saw.  He has always been a big hitter, and a really good tackler.  In watching the games last year, when there was a missed tackle, I was surprised how many times it was Reggie that missed.  Not saying that he was a liability, I would say that his tackling went from really good, to perhaps just above average.  Perhaps we were spoiled because he rarely missed tackles for so many years, then he started missing a few.  Perhaps it was just on off year.  

The good news is this.  Seems the Bengals are back to working a deal with Reggie.

http://http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/brandon-thompson-re-signs-with-bengals

This is what i am talkin about, thanks for the update.

Completely agree with you BTW, hopefully we were spoiled and it was just an off year for Reggie (tackle wise) and he is back.

Lets get er done. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, his deep coverage was outstanding last year. Him and a healthy Iloka are the best at this in the league IMO.

He looked fast out there so that is a great thing i just saw him miss some tackles he has made in the past.

Reggie has been flagged tons of times on BS calls no question.

This is what i am talkin about, thanks for the update.

Completely agree with you BTW, hopefully we were spoiled and it was just an off year for Reggie (tackle wise) and he is back.

Lets get er done. Cool

Absolutely think that Reggie and George are the best tandem in the NFL.....Williams is the gravy train on biscuit wheels of added bonuses.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely think that Reggie and George are the best tandem in the NFL.....Williams is the gravy train on biscuit wheels of added bonuses.

Thomas/Chancellor?

I'd probably agree that Reggie and George are arguably #2 though.

Reply/Quote

Nope, they interviewed some of the players last year and asked them which defensive player hit the hardest, and it was Reggie Nelson. Hits like a Louisville Slugger was the verbage I believe.... and Owen Daniels agrees.... http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/owen-daniels-broncos-bengals-reggie-nelson-crushing-hit-122915

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:56 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Can anyone see them actually having the cap space available to get Dansby, Nelson and LaFell?

Very easily, but the question is do they want to or will they make up some excuse why we can't.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote