Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Rodney Anderson situation
Every year there is player that 31 teams pass on in the later RDs.
The next thing you know he's making plays
And he's a top 10 at his position.
Anderson showed some traits vs the Giants that the great
RBs possession.
Speed...accerlation..ability to make tacklers
Miss.
How do you get him touches with a Joe Mixon
On the roster?
Pound for pound he might be more talented
Than Mixon by a eyelash.
If ZT is creative as if we think he is....Anderson
Will see the field.
He might be too good to let stand on the
Sidelines.
Reply/Quote
I could see both in the line up at the same time. Might be something we see?
I will say, I was surprised at the different running styles of Anderson and Mixon.
Mixon is a smooth glider and Anderson has a herkey jerky style. Both are nimble and elusive, but will run you over.
Reply/Quote
1st half pounder, 2nd half pounder?

Why not use both? Exhaust their D like no other.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: 1st half pounder, 2nd half pounder?

Why not use both?  Exhaust  their D like no other.

Doesn't do much good to "pound" with a RB that averages less than 1 yard per carry.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Pound for pound he might be more talented
Than Mixon by a eyelash.

According to NFL.com Anderson weighs more than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I'd bet Anderson makes the team and sees some snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd bet Anderson makes the team and sees some snaps.

I could see Anderson replacing gio down the road in this season and making gio the third back.He is a better back than gio and ZT will see that.With Joe and him,we would have the best one,two punch in nfl.
Reply/Quote
I think it's great that we have two great RBs from the same university. I think it will help them with a certain chemistry that will offset any bickering over who gets the most touches.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I think Anderson may be our 2nd best 3 down RB and has made the team.

He looks like an NFL running back, I guess he fell due to injuries. I know that concerns many, but I think of a guy Like Kijana Carter, I don't think he had any injury history at Penn State and then gets hurt. It goes both ways so taking a flyer in Anderson in 6th round may be great pick
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was a big fan of taking both backs in the 6th round. Looking like we hit on both. And Ellis looks like the type of UDFA that sticks around the NFL awhile.

I thought we were trying to showcase Gio and maybe get his stock up for a trade. I still think the Bucs could use him. I love him and he is tough as nails. But the future is here. He could be a surprise cut but I doubt it. We have to make sure the young guys can stay healthy first.
Reply/Quote
We're gonna need him when Mixon holds out next season...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't do much good to "pound" with a RB that averages less than 1 yard per carry.

Glad you're using such a large sample size to come to such a strong conclusion. Good to know we can shelve the idea after he's had 8 carries.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: We're gonna need him when Mixon holds out next season...

This has been in the back of my mind, too. The Mixon negotiations could be interesting.

But, at the same time the Bengals have shown a willingness to pay their own guys, and it's not like they're going to spend that money anywhere else so... maybe it gets done with no issue?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Every year there is player that 31 teams pass on in the later RDs.
The next thing you know he's making plays
And he's a top 10 at his position.
Anderson showed some traits vs the Giants that the great
RBs possession.
Speed...accerlation..ability to make tacklers
Miss.
How do you get him touches with a Joe Mixon
On the roster?
Pound for pound he might be more talented
Than Mixon by a eyelash.
If ZT is creative as if we think he is....Anderson
Will see the field.
He might be too good to let stand on the
Sidelines.

The combination of Ellis and Anderson will make Gio expendable next season.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: This has been in the back of my mind, too. The Mixon negotiations could be interesting.

But, at the same time the Bengals have shown a willingness to pay their own guys, and it's not like they're going to spend that money anywhere else so... maybe it gets done with no issue?

Clearly Leveon Bell started a trend last year... I even get why guys are doing it. But, yeah... Hopefully management nips that on the bud before it happens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: We're gonna need him when Mixon holds out next season...

Cry
Reply/Quote
"Mr. Anderson" has freaky health issues that if he were healthy, he would have gone much higher in the draft if not the 1st RB taken.  T. Williams has played two preseason games and two injuries.  

Anderson will make the team over Williams.  He has excellent balance, body leaning, field vision.  I could see Anderson and Mixon  on the field together.  I think it would be awesome.

Here is his injury history per a website called "Understanding Rodney Anderson injury history":  https://www.dynastynerds.com/understanding-rodney-andersons-injury-history/

2015 – Fractured Fibula
In 2015, Anderson was buried on the depth chart but was playing on special teams, which is where his season started and ended. During the team’s second game of the season against Tennessee, Anderson fractured the fibula (outer lower leg bone) while covering a kick-off, ending his freshman campaign early. Shortly after he sustained the injury, he underwent surgery to stabilize the broken bone and ligament and didn’t play again that year. Most athletes after this type of surgery can get back on the field in about 9 months and can perform well after they do get back out there. For example, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, and Odell Beckham all have fractured fibula injuries in their injury history.

2016 – Fractured Vertebrae
After spending the rest of 2015 and early 2016 rehabbing from his broken leg, Anderson appeared ready to step into a larger role for the team in 2016. However, he suffered a fractured C5 vertebrae in his neck in August and didn’t play in a single game in 2016. To my knowledge, this injury was treated non-operatively given that reports indicates he spent three months with a cervical collar on around his neck to stabilize the broken bone. This type of injury is typically a ‘freak injury’ and can’t be predicted, so this shouldn’t count as a knock against him. Given that Anderson didn’t require surgery on his neck, we can assume that no nerve damage was sustained with the broken bone in the neck. This type of injury can be much more serious if the fracture becomes displaced (out of alignment), but by all accounts, there is no concern for Anderson moving forward when it comes to his neck.

2018 – Torn ACL
Just two games into the 2018 campaign after a breakout year in 2017, bad luck found Anderson again as the team faced off against UCLA. Late in the first quarter, Anderson suffered a right knee injury, which was later confirmed as a torn ACL. He underwent surgery to reconstruct the torn ligament and began rehabbing shortly thereafter. Now about five months removed from surgery, it’s unclear what exactly Anderson is doing at this point in his rehab and in his offseason program. Typically at five months out, athletes are running in a straight line and doing some light agility work. However, cutting and participating in football-specific drills aren’t typically started until about six or seven months out at the earliest. With the NFL combine set to begin in early March, it’s possible that we may not get to see Anderson perform in all of the drills, especially those that involve cutting. If he does compete there, it will certainly be at less than 100%, so dynasty owners will need to consider this when evaluating the Texas native for their rookie drafts. When we consider Anderson for the 2019 season, I have no reservations about his availability to participate in training camp and be ready for Week 1 of the 2019 season. However, this torn ACL will make Anderson more likely to suffer a subsequent ACL injury during his playing time in the NFL.    
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd take it easy on him and let him stay fresh. He's the kind of guy you want around as insurance in case something happens. It's a good scenario to be in.
Reply/Quote
Lol, he’s not more talented than Mixon. He is talented though.

I like Gio, but wouldn’t mind trading him for some value and slotting Anderson some time
Reply/Quote
He reminds me of a Larry Johnson in his prime with
The Chiefs.
Reply/Quote