Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Rodney Anderson situation
(08-30-2019, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Trainers have some tests they can do to determine the stability of a joint. They likely have a pretty good idea within minutes what happened.

Now, how does that get up to the radio/tv booth?

If anyone knows quickly it's Tobin. And he was the one giving the halftime update on the injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Feel for Anderson, dude is injury prone and it sucks, have to put him on IR now. Has great talent.

Wish him the best.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3 straight years and is still playing. So hopefully the Anderson can come back from this and be his old self. It's a tough blow though for the team though. I wonder why he was playing?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I kind of feel like they shouldn't have played him this year and let him fully recover.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:38 AM)Housh Wrote: Running backs should absolutely do what Zeke and Bell did. Everyone knows they last for less time than any other position in the NFL. So there should be a way to force teams to restructure contracts if a backs production far exceeds his contract. NFL teams are allowed to cut you if you don’t measure up so why aren’t they forced to compensate for over production? That’s not fair at all.

I agree, and you also see what happened to Earl Thomas last year... The problem is bell lost $30 million by doing it.

I read an article about how the Eagles have been extending guys in their 3rd season... It keeps guys happy, and they are getting team friendly deals by doing it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 12:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel for Anderson, dude is injury prone and it sucks, have to put him on IR now. Has great talent.

Wish him the best.

Well I mean its ruff especially for him and his Eifert level luck on injuries....

But overall we still have 4 good RBs   and now don't have to pick  hopefully Rodney can come back next year and help replace a hole left by Gio as I suspect we go younger instead of resigning him
Reply/Quote
Man, that sucks. Gotta feel for the guy.

I'm sure someone will come in here and berate him for being injury prone, but come on...
Reply/Quote
Team confirms ACL tear.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, it sucks for him but will allow the team to keep him on IR and hopefully allow him to get fully healed up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well I mean its ruff especially for him and his Eifert level luck on injuries....

But overall we still have 4 good RBs   and now don't have to pick  hopefully Rodney can come back next year and help replace a hole left by Gio as I suspect we go younger instead of resigning him

I doubt that he's fully recovered for camp next year after having that 2 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well I mean its ruff especially for him and his Eifert level luck on injuries....

All of his injuries have been freak injuries where anyone would get injured on.

Will probably take awhile for him to come back from this one as it is the same ACL he tore before.

I think if anyone is Gio's replacement on this roster it is Traveon Williams. Same type of back.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I kind of feel like they shouldn't have played him this year and let him fully recover.

They not only played him, they ran him into the dirt. I'm shocked they showed no mercy to him given his injury history.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This opens up a spot for my dark horse favorite, Flowers. He has shown he can be a capable runner and receiver as well as an excellent blocker. Since he is a former QB, I would put him as the protector for the punter, where he would be a triple threat, run, throw, block on any given punt.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:44 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: This opens up a spot for my dark horse favorite, Flowers.   He has shown he can be a capable runner and receiver as well as an excellent  blocker.   Since he is a former QB, I would put him as the protector for the punter, where he would be a triple threat, run, throw, block on any given punt.

I think Ellis > Flowers atm  but its not my call
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that he's fully recovered for camp next year after having that 2 years in a row.

well at least our current medical staff is really good with ACL's
Reply/Quote
This thread didn't age well.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:55 PM)Destro Wrote: This thread didn't age well.

They jinxed him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: They not only played him, they ran him into the dirt. I'm shocked they showed no mercy to him given his injury history.

That may have been by design, just to see if he could physically hold up, if called upon.  

I hate to see a guy go out like that, but better now than in week 7 if Gio should get dinged up and we would have needed Anderson to fill in.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: They not only played him, they ran him into the dirt. I'm shocked they showed no mercy to him given his injury history.

That may have been by design, just to see if he could physically hold up, if called upon.  

I hate to see a guy go out like that, but better now than in week 7 if Gio should get dinged up and we would have needed Anderson to fill in.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote