Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The War on Disney
(04-08-2022, 02:04 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: To many with kids they look like homeruns.

That has nothing to do with having children. It has to do with your biases that you enter into the conversation with. Considering his first link didn't respond to my post and the second relied upon a poll that was spurious at best, and there has been no response to the second part of my post to begin with, it's kind of hard to even consider them a base hit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Gay people exist and have relationships.

The right: "Grooming children!!!"

[Image: FP0dgGdX0AEEmhO?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Who is gonna tell them?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who is gonna tell them?

Oh boy.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who is gonna tell them?

"I don't want our children exposed to gay people! Let's take them to Dollywood instead!"

I love this so much, because the percentage of LGBTQ+ people at Dollywood may actually be higher than Disney given Dolly's idol status in the community.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 01:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't comment on the bill, because that's not what the thread is about. As for the second poll, Rasmussen is a notoriously biased polling agency with some questionable methodology that still doesn't show the majority are against the moves like those by Disney.

So there are two strikes. Care for a third?

This isn't baseball, and the two stories are entertwined.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This isn't baseball, and the two stories are entertwined.

If this were baseball, that survey would be the Pittsburgh Pirates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: "I don't want our children exposed to gay people! Let's take them to Dollywood instead!"

I love this so much, because the percentage of LGBTQ+ people at Dollywood may actually be higher than Disney given Dolly's idol status in the community.

Again, you can't get past gay people. It's not about gay people, it's about pushing sex on children. Kids that want to see Mickey Mouse and Pluto don't need to be inundated with gay, straight or anything else. It's pretty simple really, let children be children.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, you can't get past gay people. It's not about gay people, it's about pushing sex on children. Kids that want to see Mickey Mouse and Pluto don't need to be inundated with gay, straight or anything else. It's pretty simple really, let children be children.

But Mickey and Minnie are married!  Ninja

What most who support this kind of crappy law don't get is that stuff doesn't bother the kids at all.  It bothers the uptight adults.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: "I don't want our children exposed to gay people! Let's take them to Dollywood instead!"

They do have Veggie Tales Theater though!  At least they did when we were there in 2007.

But yeah, not realizing Dolly is an icon of the gay community and a huge proponent of letting people live their lives as they choose is a major laugh!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, you can't get past gay people. It's not about gay people, it's about pushing sex on children. Kids that want to see Mickey Mouse and Pluto don't need to be inundated with gay, straight or anything else. It's pretty simple really, let children be children.

So then we should take out every single romantic relationship in every Disney property? From Mickey and Minnie to Lady and the Tramp? Parents should no longer be shown as a couple at all? I mean, that's all we're talking about here, is just that type of imagery but in a non-hetero way. Nothing more than that.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This isn't baseball, and the two stories are entertwined.

They are, but that story you used doesn't address my point. Throwing out something tangentially related doesn't refute anything. That's okay, though, I know you don't have a good refutation, anyway.

(04-08-2022, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If this were baseball, that survey would be the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Ouch, that one hurt. LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, to be fair, your first post quoted in this response was pretty useless, as well..  

Let's at least pretend to keep things somewhat friendly around here.  ThumbsUp

It was a legitimate question, which has been answered quite predictably.

Anyway, if that was considered somewhat unfriendly, my bad I guess. Didn’t hurt my feelings when you said the same about my post.

Just my couple pennies, carry on.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 10:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So uh.? Thank god somebody is fighting against the diversity and inclusion Disney is poisoning our children with.?

I don't know where we would be without the people who have given us cancel culture, the War on Christmas, snowflakes, karens, and wokeism.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/woke-disney-10-families-disney-left-leaning-politics

https://www.foxnews.com/media/disney-woke-florida-jeanette-nunez-politics

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/disney-gender-controversy-reason-david-marcus

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mom-disney-rethinking-everything-bethany-mandel

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/disney-has-betrayed-the-very-values-that-were-responsible-for-its-success-orthodox-rabbis-warn

https://www.foxnews.com/media/disney-woke-ideology-leaked-video-desantis-murray

WTF is this? These are all from the last 4 or so days

Another Republican game of creating a problem where there is none. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:
So then we should take out every single romantic relationship in every Disney property?
From Mickey and Minnie to Lady and the Tramp? Parents should no longer be shown as a couple at all? I mean, that's all we're talking about here, is just that type of imagery but in a non-hetero way. Nothing more than that.

No, but we also don't need to take those relationships into a sexual level. I don't know why that's so hard for some of you. Different agendas I guess. I'm done with this conversation. We'll just have to sit back and see how this turns out for Disney.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 11:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, but we also don't need to take those relationships into a sexual level. I don't know why that's so hard for some of you. Different agendas I guess. I'm done with this conversation. We'll just have to sit back and see how this turns out for Disney.

What Disney characters showed anything on a sexual level?

This sounds more and more like projection.
Reply/Quote
Ok, which one you is this?
[Image: FP4DiylaUAMW3nC?format=png&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote
We live in a messed up world when people are more upset over Mickey mouse being trans than the fact that Disney is supporting a genocidal regime in China.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:31 PM)J24 Wrote: We live in a messed up world when people are more upset over Mickey mouse being trans than the fact that Disney is supporting a genocidal regime in China.

Mickey is friends with goofy who is a dog but he also keeps Pluto who is also a dog in his house and puts a leash and collar on him.  The company has been normalizing bdsm for generations.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember Aladdin saying "all good teenagers take off their clothes". And the penis on the front of the Little Mermaid cover. Years ago.

Why is the right going all woke now?
Reply/Quote