Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(04-01-2020, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bynes could never keep a starting job for teams with poor defenses like the Cards and Lions.

Those are career numbers , not just last season.

Adjust them for snaps per game for their whole career then, but don't slap down stats per game when you know Vigil is starting because he plays for a horrid team with a bad defense. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 12:35 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: What's the reason why he couldn't find a very lucrative contract as compared to most of the high end LBers on the market?
He wasn't a highly sought after guy for a larger contract.
There were several LBers signed before he was.
That tells you everything you need to know right there doesn't it?

You still don't get it.  I am not upset about Vigil being gone.  I am upset hat we did not sign a better player to replace him.

Every comment in this quote applies to Bynes just as much as Vigil.  Bynes has bounced around the league and could never keep a job.  This will be his tenth season.  The Bengals will be the 4th team he has played for in the last 5 seasons.  He signed for what has to be close to league minimum for a 10 year vet ($1.6 million).  This is exactly the type of signing that everyone around here used to whine about, but for some reason everyone seems to love Bynes and think he is far better than Vigil in every way.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 01:04 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote:  Adjust them for snaps per game for their whole career then, but don't slap down stats per game when you know Vigil is starting because he plays for a horrid team with a bad defense. 

At least Vigil can keep a job with a poor team.  Bynes has been cut twice by teams with defenses ranked 20th or lower.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At least Vigil can keep a job with a poor team.  Bynes has been cut twice by teams with defenses ranked 20th or lower.

He kept his job because Lewis drafted him and Lewis doesn't cut high draft pics early. Even Ogbuehi and Fischer lasted 4 years under Lewis. After one year Taylor sent Vigil packing like he should have.  

Bynes defenses were still better than the Bengals . You still need to answer the question about their stats on a per snap basis and not some generic meaningless stats per game. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 06:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He kept his job because Lewis drafted him and Lewis doesn't cut high draft pics early. Even Ogbuehi and Fischer lasted 4 years under Lewis. After one year Taylor sent Vigil packing like he should have.  

Bynes defenses were still better than the Bengals . You still need to answer the question about their stats on a per snap basis and not some generic meaningless stats per game. 

Well said Wolverine.

Don't know why Fred hates the Bynes signing. He is clearly an upgrade over Vigil. Way better tackler which is what this Defense
needs. I hate poor tackling evidently Fred is in love with it. The Ravens fans are sad about losing Bynes which tells you something.

Fred just doesn't get it lol
Reply/Quote
Vigil is so bad even the Ravens didn't bother kicking
The tires on him
The demand for Vigil's tackling issues was very low around the
League
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Vigil is so bad even the Ravens didn't bother kicking
The tires on him
League

Ravens fans are sad to lose Bynes.

Bengals fans besides Fred are not sad to lose Vigil = bottom line in my eyes.

Not every fan is right but the majority are not wrong about their own players.

Fred is wrong, that is all.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ravens fans are sad to lose Bynes.

To use Freds theroy about players on multuple 
Teams in multiple years I guess
Sammy Watkins , Brandon Cooks, Dhani Jones
Are trash too
Reply/Quote
Vigil signed the same exact contract as Bynes, but Vigil but it 4 years younger. Also worth noting Bynes was not drafted in the top 100 (he was an UDFA). So expectation play a factor here as well. Vigil underwhelmed compared to where he was drafted, where Bynes has done quite a bit better compared to where he was drafted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ravens fans are sad to lose Bynes.

NFL teams know more than fans.

NFL team agree with me about Bynes.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 09:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: To use Freds theroy about players on multuple 
Teams in multiple years I guess
Sammy Watkins , Brandon Cooks, Dhani Jones
Are trash too

None of those players were cut in the second year of every multi-year deal they ever signed.  The reason that Bynes played on 3 different teams over the last four years is that 2 of those 3 cut him.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Vigil is so bad even the Ravens didn't bother kicking
The tires on him
League

I could say the exact same thing about Bynes.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NFL teams know more than fans.

NFL team agree with me about Bynes.

That is all.

An NFL team that was the best in the league last season signed Bynes. When that happens with your boy Vigil you’ll have a case.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: An NFL team that was the best in the league last season signed Bynes. When that happens with your boy Vigil you’ll have a case.

Ravens agree with me that Bynes is not worth re-signing this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens agree with me that Bynes is not worth re-signing this year.

And we felt Vigil wasn’t worth re-signing. Which one is worse, not being brought back to a 14-2 team or a 2-14 team?

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens agree with me that Bynes is not worth re-signing this year.

The lengths you are going to to shit on this player are unreal. We get it, you don’t like him. In other news, the sky is blue and there is a pandemic going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we felt Vigil wasn’t worth re-signing. Which one is worse, not being brought back to a 14-2 team or a 2-14 team?

There are more than two tams in the NFL.

How many winning teams tried to sign Bynes?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The lengths you are going to to shit on this player are unreal. 

He is a 9 year vet who has never been able to keep a job with any team and we just signed for the league minimum.  Any other year everyone here would be agreeing with me that we needed to sign a better LB to address the weakness at that position.

The only thing "unreal" is how many people here are happy with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are more than two tams in the NFL.

How many winning teams tried to sign Bynes?

I really don’t know. I know the Ravens thought enough of him to bring him back a second time.

Vigil otoh went from one bad team to another.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  I know the Ravens thought enough of him to bring him back a second time. 

They did not sign him until 4 games into the season when they were desperate.  He was not good enough to make a single teams roster out of training camp.
Reply/Quote