Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(04-02-2020, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is a 9 year vet who has never been able to keep a job with any team and we just signed for the league minimum.  Any other year everyone here would be agreeing with me that we needed to sign a better LB to address the weakness at that position.

The only thing "unreal" is how many people here are happy with him.

Any other year you might be right.  Those would have been the years of extending our own average or worse players and Bynes being hailed as one of our best outside free agent signings.  That's not the case this year.  You keep ignoring the fact that we had only 2 backers on the roster.  And you seem to assume they will do nothing else to bolster the position.  But hate on
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Any other year you might be right.  Those would have been the years of extending our own average or worse players and Bynes being hailed as one of our best outside free agent signings.  That's not the case this year.  You keep ignoring the fact that we had only 2 backers on the roster.  And you seem to assume they will do nothing else to bolster the position.  But hate on

Oh, he will.  Never seen the guy play, never seen him in a Bengals uniform,  Googled him and is basing everything on a search, while ignoring the numbers and the eye test that say he is better than Fred's man crush.  Numbers only matter to Fred if they prove his point.  PFF is great if it backs up his opinion.  If not, PFF is utter bullshit.

How many times was James Harrison cut before he was DPOY?  We all know that if a guy is cut, it automatically makes him trash because no decent player was ever cut.  You hear that, Cam Newton?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They did not sign him until 4 games into the season when they were desperate.  He was not good enough to make a single teams roster out of training camp.

If one of our unpopular ex-players was picked up by a 1st place team you would be the first person pointing out how wrong we were.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:49 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, he will.  Never seen the guy play, never seen him in a Bengals uniform,  Googled him and is basing everything on a search, while ignoring the numbers and the eye test that say he is better than Fred's man crush.  Numbers only matter to Fred if they prove his point.  PFF is great if it backs up his opinion.  If not, PFF is utter bullshit.

How many times was James Harrison cut before he was DPOY?  We all know that if a guy is cut, it automatically makes him trash because no decent player was ever cut.  You hear that, Cam Newton?  

Hell, one of Fred’s other favs Bobby Hart couldn’t even stay on a NYG team that had one of the only OL’s that was arguably worse than ours. But apparently now he’s pretty good...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, one of Fred’s other favs Bobby Hart couldn’t even stay on a NYG team that had one of the only OL’s that was arguably worse than ours. But apparently now he’s pretty good...

This is a perfect illustration of the difference between me and most other people around here.

I trashed the Bengals last year when they gave that contract to Hart.  everyone here knows that.  But Hart actually played a lot better in 2019, and you know what I did?  I actually judged him based on how he played on the field instead of just blindly playing the hater game like so many do around here.

I am actually capable of changing my opinion when the facts warrant it.  Most people around here just decide to hate a player and then they hate him no matter how well he plays.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect illustration of the difference between me and most other people around here.

I trashed the Bengals last year when they gave that contract to Hart.  everyone here knows that.  But Hart actually played a lot better in 2019, and you know what I did?  I actually judged him based on how he played on the field instead of just blindly playing the hater game like so many do around here.

I am actually capable of changing my opinion when the facts warrant it.  Most people around here just decide to hate a player and then they hate him no matter how well he plays.

If you don’t think we need an upgrade over Hart idk what to say. I don’t care what stats you cherry-pick. He’s not a starting RT on a good team.

But trust me, I’m perfectly capable of changing my opinion based on play as well. I used to defend Andy Dalton...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect illustration of the difference between me and most other people around here.

Bobby Hart played better than he did in 2018 but he was no where near good. He was still one of the worst tackles in the NFL.

It was just overshadowed by the fact the Bengals Left Tackle and Guard Carousel was worse...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Bobby Hart played better than he did in 2018 but he was no where near good. He was still one of the worst tackles in the NFL.

No he wasn't.  He only allowed 4 sacks and only had 2 holding penalties.  Those mark are among the best in the league for any OT playing full time.  His pass blocking improved dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you don’t think we need an upgrade over Hart idk what to say. I don’t care what stats you cherry-pick. He’s not a starting RT on a good team.

List your qualifications to judge NFL players.

People who act like they have enough credibility to say things like "The only thing that matters is my opinion" crack me up when they have NOTHING to back up their opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But trust me, I’m perfectly capable of changing my opinion based on play as well. I used to defend Andy Dalton...

Until you claimed Finley couldn't be any worse.   Hilarious

You should send your resume around and see if any NFL teams need another scout.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: List your qualifications to judge NFL players.

People who act like they have enough credibility to say things like "The only thing that matters is my opinion" crack me up when they have NOTHING to back up their opinion.

List yours. This is a message board for fans. Isn’t giving our opinions kind of the point? How about we back it up with pff grades? Oh that’s right, those are meaningless to you as well. I guess Fred is right, and everyone else is wrong. You really should be working for an NFL team.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he wasn't.  He only allowed 4 sacks and only had 2 holding penalties.  Those mark are among the best in the league for any OT playing full time.  His pass blocking improved dramatically.

Bobby Hart 2019 PFF grade 57.7 sacks allowed - 6 penalties - 8

I'm quite sure 57.7 is among the worst tackles in the NFL with his number of snaps.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Until you claimed Finley couldn't be any worse.   Hilarious

You should send your resume around and see if any NFL teams need another scout.

There was only one way to see what Finley has, and that was playing him in real games. I don’t see how him sucking proves anything. Most of us wanted a look at him, and we got it. That said, Finley played the Ravens and Steelers in 2 out of his 3 games. Let’s not pretend Dalton wouldn’t have shit the bed as well. Dalton’s wins came against the Jets and Browns.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bobby Hart 2019 PFF grade 57.7 sacks allowed - 6 penalties - 8

I'm quite sure 57.7 is among the worst tackles in the NFL with his number of snaps.

PFF are just a bunch of HATERS! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he wasn't.  He only allowed 4 sacks and only had 2 holding penalties.  Those mark are among the best in the league for any OT playing full time.  His pass blocking improved dramatically.

According to PFF it was 6 sacks and 8 total penalties.

In 2018 Bobby Hart had allowed 39 total pressures (Sacks, QB Hits, Pressures). In 2019 by Nov. 24th (Before the second Steelers game) he had already allowed 30 total pressures.

Bobby Hart was not good no matter how much lipstick you try to put on the pig.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

If that's the case, then why are you so down on Bynes? He was PFF's 6th rated LBer last year and an important member of the Ravens defense, especially down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NFL teams know more than fans.

NFL team agree with me about Bynes.

That is all.

How do you even know that the Ravens didn't want to bring back Bynes or that the Vikings didn't want to bring back Alexander?

I am no insider, just wondering. I find your argument laughable. You just want something to hate on Fred.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How do you even know that the Ravens didn't want to bring back Bynes or that the Vikings didn't want to bring back Alexander?

I am no insider, just wondering. I find your argument laughable. You just want something to hate on Fred.

That is all.

I seriously doubt Minnesota wanted to lose all their CB’s. They now have to replace all of them and Diggs in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt Minnesota wanted to lose all their CB’s. They now have to replace all of them and Diggs in the draft.

Yes, so much smarter than the fans who wanted to keep their good players... Sarcasm

All the while our guys steal the players the fans didn't want to see go for peanuts. Cool 

Me, I like. Freddy boy bitches and moans. Sad
Reply/Quote

(04-02-2020, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: List your qualifications to judge NFL players.

See any irony here ?

57.7 ?
Reply/Quote