Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-17-2021, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was only have a three hour chase.     Mellow

All seriousness aside I'm glad when the suspect isn't dead before they are arrested and charged no matter their race or crime.

I do too ! 

But some people don't have that kind of luck.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
A potential motive has been reported. It alleges this guy was a sex addict and had frequented all three "massage" parlors in the past.

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1372195694396706819
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote:The second time you have mentioned Trump. I have not mentioned him at all.  

And we're done here.   Whatever

Hmm. After the first round of "unpalatable evidence."  Second time in three days.

Sure. ok. Just thought we were on the same page, given your previous statements.

(03-15-2021, 10:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope, but we also aren't going to pretend that this problem won't be resolved if it's not actually addressed.

Here's the thing.  Not only do I deal with this issue professionally, but a close friend was affected by it as well.  I actually have skin in the game here.  Beyond the fact that I don't want anyone attacked, hurt or belittled because of their ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I want to actually address the problem, not veil it in code words and obfuscation.  You'll eat it up because you're desperate to be seen as on the side of what's "right".  The problem is you're so desperate in this regard you don't take even a second to analyze whether what's being advanced is even accurate.  

I.e., I thought we were taking a second to analyze whether what Lee and Huang advanced was "accurate," as opposed to just projecting angry assumptions onto someone else's writing.  Truth rather than "truthiness" (i.e. what "feels" true given already strongly held beliefs).

For me, that analysis has to involve a bit of research, which includes checking your claims about "historical revision" against what Lee and Huang actually say about Korean-Black relations.  Where I come from, such checking is routine for anyone who wants to "actually address the problem, not veil it in code words and obfuscation."

If you insist that Lee and Huang's article was "all about white supremacy" (substituting your words for hers) and "historical revision," then bolt once we start looking closely at your terms and what she actually says, why shouldn't anyone suspect that YOU are really the one veiling the issue in "code words and obfuscation"?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did" -- a law enforcement official explains Robert Aaron Long's decision to kill 8 people in a strange manner

Police statement ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:47 PM)Dill Wrote: Hmm. After the first round of "unpalatable evidence."  Second time in three days.

Sure. ok. Just thought we were on the same page, given your previous statements.

I.e., I thought we were taking a second to analyze whether what Lee and Huang advanced was "accurate," as opposed to just projecting angry assumptions onto someone else's writing.  Truth rather than "truthiness" (i.e. what "feels" true given already strongly held beliefs).

For me, that analysis has to involve a bit of research, which includes checking your claims about "historical revision" against what Lee and Huang actually say about Korean-Black relations.  Where I come from, such checking is routine for anyone who wants to "actually address the problem, not veil it in code words and obfuscation."

If you insist that Lee and Huang's article was "all about white supremacy" (substituting your words for hers) and "historical revision," then bolt once we start looking closely at your terms and what she actually says, why shouldn't anyone suspect that YOU are really the one veiling the issue in "code words and obfuscation"?  

Nope, I'm done because you're arguing from a disingenuous position now, specifically what you stated that I responded to being done.  Of course, you don't "see it", but it's rather obvious.  You're slowly morphing into Fred part 2.  Believe what you want though, you do regardless of what you're presented anyways.
Reply/Quote
“I’m not a racist. It’s just my sex addiction or my diabetes.”

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:14 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: “I’m not a racist. It’s just my sex addiction or my diabetes.”

So he's running for office at a republican?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: So he's running for office at a republican?

And he would be elected ! 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:14 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: “I’m not a racist. It’s just my sex addiction or my diabetes.”

(03-17-2021, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: So he's running for office at a republican?

(03-17-2021, 01:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: And he would be elected ! 

This is some quality P&R posting right here.  Evidence points, thus far, to the motive not being racial but you two know better.  Plus his actions are GOP approved.  BFritz level posting, congrats.
Reply/Quote
Nice job of downplaying eight murders.

I guess no photos of him in a hoody or smoking weed or a list of past run ins with the law?

Just a "bad day".  SMDH.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A potential motive has been reported.  It alleges this guy was a sex addict and had frequented all three "massage" parlors in the past.

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1372195694396706819

Still too early to say for sure, but this makes sense.

If he just hated Asians he probably would have killed them all over the place instead of just at massage parlors.

Plus, not all of isi victims were Asians.
Reply/Quote
A bad day for HIM.

This is unreal.

Another one add that he was trying to deal with his addictions.

And they still have no clue if killing 8 asian people could be directed to one community, they just don't know because the poor addicted kid said it wasn't.

I mean why won't we trust him when he says it wasn't racist at all ?

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Still too early to say for sure, but this makes sense.

If he just hated Asians he probably would have killed them all over the place instead of just at massage parlors.

Plus, not all of isi victims were Asians.

Too early is a good point.  Too early to have a press conference to start giving excuses too.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:10 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: A bad day for HIM.

This is unreal.

And they still have no clue if killing 8 asian people could be directed to one community, they just don't know because the poor addicted kid said it wasn't.

Yeah this seems like a rush to allay fear that it WAS a hate crime while hedging it with the "still early".  It *IS* still early and no need to be out there making any claims with nothing but the suspect's word.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:10 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: A bad day for HIM.

This is unreal.

That's not how this works.  You don't get to just guess what the motivation is, unless there is strong evidence that points you in that direction.  For example, did he have anti-Asian social media posts?  Was he known to make anti-Asian statements?  If you don't have that kind of evidence, and signs thus far point towards that being the case, then you can't responsibly ascribe that motive just because it's expedient to your preferred explanation.
Reply/Quote
So if it was just a sex addiction and he wanted to eliminate the temptation then this...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Too early to have a press conference to start giving excuses too.

I think it was a good idea.  With some people already claiming it was racially motivated it is important to keep Asians from being panicked.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: So if it was just a sex addiction and he wanted to eliminate the temptation then this...

But he didn't hate all women.

You honestly think the only women he could find to shoot were at massage parlors.

This is getting silly.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But he didn't hate all women.

You honestly think the only women he could find to shoot were at massage parlors.

This is getting silly.

It's as good a theory as any at this point.

Or are we know supposing he only hated women who worked as massage parlors...because sex?

My point is we don't know by the sheriff is out there giving reasons less than 24 hours after the event.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 02:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's as good a theory as any at this point.

No it's not, it's a garbage theory that supports your agenda.  BTW, pleased to see you could sneak some anti law enforcement bullshit into this discussion as well.

Quote:Or are we know supposing he only hated women who worked as massage parlors...because sex?

No one but you and Arturo are supposing anything.  We're reacting to statements made about the motive as understood so far.  This could change as further evidence comes to light.  Apparently you don't need to wait though, you've got it figured out.

Quote:My point is we don't know by the sheriff is out there giving reasons less than 24 hours after the event.

Heh, damned if you do, damned if you don't.  If they gave no press release they'd be accused of not being transparent and engaging in a cover up.  They release what they know thus far, but for radical left, cop haters like you this is "excusing" his behavior.

Here's the brass tacks, they released what they know to stop ongoing supposition from people like you and Dem politicians trying to make hay out of this incident to beat the anti-Asian hate crime drum.  If the evidence that they have thus far does not support this supposition their releasing it is responsible and, one would hope, prevent further supposition in this regard.  Of course, there will always be people like you whose agenda made their mind up for them the moment they heard about the incident.  Just don't lump the rest of us in with you.
Reply/Quote