Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The nation is cheering us on
(01-27-2022, 05:09 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: Can I just mention that over here in England we love an underdog ( which given the chiefs performance on Sunday we probably are) so a lot of neutral fans will be rooting for us given the far more exciting play we have now compared to two or three seasons ago. I can guarantee loads of people will tune in to both games over the weekend irrespective of who they support be it Washington fans to Jacksonville purely because we love the game. Being thousands of miles away geography doesn't influence who you follow, it can be one particular player or the colour of the kit or any daft reason but we find someone and we stick with them. I picked the Bengals in about 1985 because of Boomer Esiason and having the way coolest kit and I was hooked. Best wishes for the weekend and win or lose have a beer or two and enjoy the game, cheers, Cuzz.

Rock on. Rock On

BTW about what time is the game on over there?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock on. Rock On

Should be 8:05pm. England is 5 hours ahead of Cincy and 7 hours ahead of you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock on. Rock On

The game starts at 7pm on Sunday night and the rams and 49ers starts at 11.40 pm over here - can't wait. Good games, bottle of red wine and then a week off - what more could you want ????  Oh, a win for us maybe !!!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:01 PM)Earendil Wrote: Should be 8:05pm. England is 5 hours ahead of Cincy and 7 hours ahead of you.

Guess it is at 7 as Cuzz here says. He would know lol

(01-27-2022, 07:04 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: The game starts at 7pm on Sunday night and the rams and 49ers starts at 11.40 pm over here - can't wait. Good games, bottle of red wine and then a week off - what more could you want ????  Oh, a win for us maybe !!!

Yeah, love me some red wine myself, I might get me a bottle to go with my brewskies!CheersDrunkWasted

Who Dey

Would be so sweet if we pulled this game off. I was a little less tense in the Titans game after we won our first Playoff game 
in forever but this game decides who goes to the Superbowl. Huge man, huge.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:01 PM)Earendil Wrote: Should be 8:05pm. England is 5 hours ahead of Cincy and 7 hours ahead of you.

Then you should get the final score before us.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I can't even wrap my head around the image of Mike Brown holding up the Lombardi.  Wow.  Honestly, I've given the guy massive amounts of (deserved) crap, but I'd be happy for him and sure he'd be holding it up for his dad, which should make any of us a little misty-eyed.

Same. As much crap as I've given Mike, I'll be as happy for him as myself.

That said, he'll probably think it's proof that his way worked. LOL

(01-24-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think people are tired of seeing Mahomes in the AFC Championship Game. This is the 4th year in a row.

He's quickly turning into the new Brady.

Brady had 8 in a row (2011 through 2018) and 14 conference title games overall.

(01-26-2022, 03:42 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Doc today...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2022/01/26/cincinnati-bengals-fans-bandwagon-growing-afc-championship-game-kansas-city-chiefs-spread-odds/9224929002/

Sports aren't like buying a car or a certain brand of sauerkraut. That's how a bandwagon fan would look at it. For die-hards, it's more like being part of a family, and you can't (or shouldn't) give up your family while they're down.

Bandwagons aren't really even sports fans, IMO. They just suffer from FOMO, and don't want to feel left out when something cool is going down. The joy most of us here felt when the Bengals finally won a playoff game is a level of joy that bandwagoners will never experience...because they haven't invested themselves like we have.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think people are tired of seeing Mahomes in the AFC Championship Game. This is the 4th year in a row.

Chiefs fan here. I kind of doubt if people are tired pf watching the most dynamic player in the league. Remember that LA/NE stinker a few years ago?

That being said, if KC doesn't go I'll be rooting hard for the Bengals. Joe Burrow seems like a good kid.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:04 PM)THEWIZARD Wrote: Chiefs fan here. I kind of doubt if people are tired pf watching the most dynamic player in the league. Remember that LA/NE stinker a few years ago?

That being said, if KC doesn't go I'll be rooting hard for the Bengals. Joe Burrow seems like a good kid.

Tom Brady is the best to ever do it, but non-Patriots fans definitely got tired of seeing him in 14 conference title games and 10 Super Bowls.

People got tired of seeing Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas in the 90s.

KC fans and kids with Mahomes posters are really the only ones who want to see them in 3 straight Super Bowls.

It's funny, I started out as a Chiefs fan when I was young. The Bengals were terrible and I loved Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. I was heartbroken when the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins in the 1994 playoffs.

I went 100% to the Bengals after Montana's retirement, but always respected Chiefs fans until recently. You seem nice, but a good chunk of your fan base has become obnoxious.

I guess that comes with winning, but it's funny watching the transition from the outside. You guys have 1 ring in the last (roughly) 50 years, and many Chiefs fans already act like Patriots fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:25 PM)wcu Wrote: Like most of you, I've been reading anything "Bengals" that I can get my hands on.  Right now, a lot of that is through social media.  Easily 75% of thousands upon thousands of commenters have said they're pulling for Cincinnati to win it all.  I've even seen multiple Steelers and Ravens fans cheering "Go Cincy! They deserve it!" and saw a Steelers fan that says they bought a Burrow jersey.  It's so rewarding for people across the country to start to see what we've seen all along in this team.  The whole country will cheer when Mike Brown hoists that Lombardi Trophy!

This team has star power....but when your division rival fans root for you it can only mean one thing....they been whipping your ass for a long time lol

I don't think I'll live long enough to reach a point where I'd root for the steelers.  I wish grim death upon them, always. 
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tom Brady is the best to ever do it, but non-Patriots fans definitely got tired of seeing him in 14 conference title games and 10 Super Bowls.

People got tired of seeing Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas in the 90s.

KC fans and kids with Mahomes posters are really the only ones who want to see them in 3 straight Super Bowls.

It's funny, I started out as a Chiefs fan when I was young. The Bengals were terrible and I loved Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. I was heartbroken when the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins in the 1994 playoffs.

I went 100% to the Bengals after Montana's retirement, but always respected Chiefs fans until recently. You seem nice, but a good chunk of your fan base has become obnoxious.

I guess that comes with winning, but it's funny watching the transition from the outside. You guys have 1 ring in the last (roughly) 50 years, and many Chiefs fans already act like Patriots fans.

I doubt if everyone is tired of watching KC since they consistently have some of the highest rated games on TV. Did you get tired of watching Joe Montana? As far as Chiefs fans go, don't judge everybody on a few. Let me guess, you went to chiefsplanet. They are by far the worst Chiefs board out there. Average age there is probably 11 years old
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:04 PM)THEWIZARD Wrote: Chiefs fan here. I kind of doubt if people are tired pf watching the most dynamic player in the league. Remember that LA/NE stinker a few years ago?

Oh, Mahomes, Hill and Kelce are crazy fun to watch no question. I just think people like to see different teams every year in 
the Playoffs. This year has actually been the most exciting Playoffs I have ever watched. Was rooting for the Bills to beat you 
guys simply cause I thought it would of been fun to see the Bills this late in the Playoffs for the first time in forever similar to
us and they also have never won a Superbowl.

That is cool of you rooting hard for the Bengals if we win, that is some class. Cool
Reply/Quote

I personally don't like to see the same teams in the AFCCG and Super Bowl every year.
Just like I hate seeing the same set of teams always in the CFP.
I'm sure there are more people like me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think we may have lived there around the same time. I lived in Fort Collins from 2002 until 2016.

Someone once told me that Western Wyoming has been trying to sell Eastern Wyoming to Nebraska for years, but they won't bite.

I once pitched my tent and slept in my sleeping bag along I 25 in Wyoming years ago when hitch hiking.. Woke up with trail ants marching across me and an antelope trying to eat my sleeping bag from the other side of the fence.. LOL  Never saw anything dart off so fast as that antelope the moment I flinched..  That was entertaining..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The creep himself, Andy Furman picked the KC team to win talking to NPR. Ya'll in Cincinnati ought to hang him from the rafters of PBS..  ThumbsUp

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:40 PM)THEWIZARD Wrote: I doubt if everyone is tired of watching KC since they consistently have some of the highest rated games on TV. Did you get tired of watching Joe Montana? As far as Chiefs fans go, don't judge everybody on a few. Let me guess, you went to chiefsplanet. They are by far the worst Chiefs board out there. Average age there is probably 11 years old

Chiefs games undoubtedly get good ratings.  People love to see offense and they've got a lot of weapons to keep games interesting.  Like last week's matchup with the Bills.  I'll admit that two years ago I pulled for the Chiefs in the SB because I don't like the Niners and wanted to see the Chiefs bring a win home.  50 years is a long time to wait between Super Bowls! 

But repeated winning definitely does start to drive indifference, for me at least.  In the last decade I've watched exactly two SBs because I'm just indifferent to the teams playing, especially when it was NE on a run there for way too long.  If the Bengals don't make it in this year, I just don't care about the remaining teams.  Not bitter in any way, just the shiny quality has worn off for the Chiefs, LA or SF (and I still don't like SF).  I'd end up watching the Olympics instead this year.

But I'm glad there are still some cool Chiefs fans around (and my definition of that doesn't mean they cheer for my team, just that they're not entitled, leading one to believe they were the reason the product on the field was good).  So good on you, and hoping for a great game this Sunday!
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals aren't in the Super Bowl this year, I probably won't watch it. I'll most likely take my kids to dinner instead.
Reply/Quote
Once the Bengals are out of any season the rest of the season no longer exists.. /End of Story 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:15 PM)Earendil Wrote: If the Bengals aren't in the Super Bowl this year, I probably won't watch it. I'll most likely take my kids to dinner instead.

Yeah, but..I've already determined they WILL win, dammit! Don't be bringing your negativity vibes around here.. Smack

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess it is at 7 as Cuzz here says. He would know lol

Yeah, love me some red wine myself, I might get me a bottle to go with my brewskies!CheersDrunkWasted

Who Dey

Would be so sweet if we pulled this game off. I was a little less tense in the Titans game after we won our first Playoff game 
in forever but this game decides who goes to the Superbowl. Huge man, huge.

We popped some when we secured our playoff birth ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We popped some when we secured our playoff birth ThumbsUp

I don't like the white stuff, gives me headaches. But love the red. Smirk
Reply/Quote