Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new symbol of hate
(02-27-2019, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In think we're done here.

I think you certainly are.
(02-27-2019, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I misunderstood what you meant by "blowback". 

The echo chamber didn't say blowback, you did. Scorn all you want. You're ok with someone getting assaulted (physically, verbally, fredly...) because they choose to wear a hat supporting their duly elected President. 

Guess you are not smart enough to know the definition of blowback.  It does not mean physical violence.

I have repeatedly said that wearing a MAGA hat does not justify violence, but once again you are showing your echo chamber programing.

"If someone does not say what you want them to say just lie and claim they said it."

Your Donald would be proud.
(02-27-2019, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The assertion is perverse. Xavier Johnson killed 5 Dallas policemen and was a supporter of the BLM movement. So if you support the BLM movement the you condone the killing of LEOs.

As I have always said: Folks will do whatever it takes to excuse their hate, to include suggesting someone can rightly be assaulted because of the hat they wear.

Exactly.  If the people that were rooting for the other side in an election are moved to violence, simply over an article of clothing in support of the winner, how are we to think they will behave if their side wins?  

And for those that claim that only White people voted for DJT?  Bullshit.  Plenty of Black, Latino, and Asian Americans voted for him.  He could not have won, otherwise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-27-2019, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly.  If the people that were rooting for the other side in an election are moved to violence, simply over an article of clothing in support of the winner, how are we to think they will behave if their side wins?  

And for those that claim that only White people voted for DJT?  Bullshit.  Plenty of Black, Latino, and Asian Americans voted for him.  He could not have won, otherwise.

The whole premise is absurd. 

Folks will point to White Supremacists that wear the hat and say "see". Do they really think someone should not be afforded to wear a hat of their choosing just because a few assholes do? I started this thread to point to an issue that I feel is going a little overboard and most in this thread have supported my assertion. 

"Why did you knock the hat off his head"

"Because only someone that supports racism wears that hat"

"Ok, good job"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2019, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly.  If the people that were rooting for the other side in an election are moved to violence, simply over an article of clothing in support of the winner, how are we to think they will behave if their side wins?  

Pretend for a second you live in some foreign country and some bullshit dictator rigged an election and took over.

Pretty mad right?

Now pretend you live in a country where a well known reality TV show host conman surrounded himself with a team of criminals and with the help of a foreign adversary rigged an election to gain power. He ends up cutting taxes for a bunch of his rich gold club cronies, furthering the goals of the foreign adversary, ballooning the deficit, proliferating nuclear weapons, dividing the country, and alienating traditional allies. 

Pretty mad...... Right?
(02-27-2019, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The assertion is perverse. Xavier Johnson killed 5 Dallas policemen and was a supporter of the BLM movement. So if you support the BLM movement the you condone the killing of LEOs.

As I have always said: Folks will do whatever it takes to excuse their hate, to include suggesting someone can rightly be assaulted because of the hat they wear.

He said on page five of a thread about...hats.

All serious aside, did I miss where someone on this board said that someone can rightly be assaulted because of the hat they wear?

I mean I see a lot of back and forth about what the hat is a "symbol" of, but I didn't see anyone say that it was right for the student to have his hat knocked off.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Going all the way back to the first post:  What if there is more video?  Are we allowed to make judgements based on the one in the story?  Or do we have to wait awhile and see if any more information comes out?
(02-28-2019, 01:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Going all the way back to the first post:  What if there is more video?  Are we allowed to make judgements based on the one in the story?  Or do we have to wait awhile and see if any more information comes out?
We can wait all we want, The premise of the OP was to illustrate how the hat has been viewed as a symbol of hate and how it's exposed hate from those that hate it.

Contrary to remarks in this thread: I never blamed the kid, I never mentioned adult v. kid. I simply pointed out how "grown ups" not only excuse this behavior, but actually condone it.

Sure there have been people in the thread that suggest it is OK to assault someone for wearing a hat. What do you consider "blowback"? A strongly worded email? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-28-2019, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: . What do you consider "blowback"? A strongly worded email? 

‘blowback’ immediately conjures Chalmers Johnson in my mind.

But bone spurs could overtake that. “Blowback: the unintended consequences of claiming precious feetsies to dodge the draft by a softy who demeans war heroes”
(02-28-2019, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We can wait all we want, The premise of the OP was to illustrate how the hat has been viewed as a symbol of hate and how it's exposed hate from those that hate it.

Contrary to remarks in this thread: I never blamed the kid, I never mentioned adult v. kid. I simply pointed out how "grown ups" not only excuse this behavior, but actually condone it.

Sure there have been people in the thread that suggest it is OK to assault someone for wearing a hat.
What do you consider "blowback"? A strongly worded email? 

Which grown ups?  The ones from the school that said the incident was wrong?  The ones who said the family can prosecute?  

I still haven't seen anyone in this thread who said that the assault was ok.  I've seen several try and explain why the hats tick some people off because they are a symbol of DJT and what he says and does...but I didn't see one that added that that made any assault ok.
(02-27-2019, 09:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't know much about the first part, maybe I just wasn't so active here and I don't know anything about the 40 year old attacking the 11 year old. Got a link for that one? I'd like to read that one.

I do know that Lucie's family was attacked by many on here, constantly referring to his mail order Russian bride and even so bad as to what one person wanted to do to his girls.

And he did post a lot of crap, kinda like Dino does now. I guess Dino didn't like the competition Tongue

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Where-are-the-Parents
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 09:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't know much about the first part, maybe I just wasn't so active here and I don't know anything about the 40 year old attacking the 11 year old. Got a link for that one? I'd like to read that one.

I do know that Lucie's family was attacked by many on here, constantly referring to his mail order Russian bride and even so bad as to what one person wanted to do to his girls.

And he did post a lot of crap, kinda like Dino does now. I guess Dino didn't like the competition Tongue

No one want to "do his girls".  He blew it up and wouldn't admit it. That's all I'll say about that.

And I relish people posting crap...then you people leave me alone for awhile.   Smirk
(02-27-2019, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can't get rid of them all, but we keep them limited to the fringe instead of electing one of them President.

Any more questions?

BTW can I see a list of the extremist Muslim terrorist that identify as Democrats?

Sure thing. As soon as you provide proof that Donald Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan. ThumbsUp
(02-28-2019, 12:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure thing. As soon as you provide proof that Donald Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan. ThumbsUp

Why did he lie about his connection to David Duke instead of disavowing the man as an evil white supremacist?

Why did he claim that some of the white supremacist chanting "Blood and Soil" in Charlottesville were "good people".

Why does he classify Mexican immigrants as diseased criminals?  That is a page right out of the holocaust playbook.

He may never wear a hood in public, but the message he sends is pretty clear.  He wants the vote of the racists so he does whatever he can to appease them.

I know you put on blinders when it comes to Trump, but you can not deny that his policies and actions have made him a favorite of the white supremacist, neo-nazis, and the klan.  You can't blame the media for any of that.
(02-28-2019, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  I simply pointed out how "grown ups" not only excuse this behavior, but actually condone it.

Sure there have been people in the thread that suggest it is OK to assault someone for wearing a hat. 

Show me these posts.
(02-28-2019, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did he lie about his connection to David Duke instead of disavowing the man as an evil white supremacist?

Why did he claim that some of the white supremacist chanting "Blood and Soil" in Charlottesville were "good people".

Why does he classify Mexican immigrants as diseased criminals?  That is a page right out of the holocaust playbook.

He may never wear a hood in public, but the message he sends is pretty clear.  He wants the vote of the racists so he does whatever he can to appease them.

I know you put on blinders when it comes to Trump, but you can not deny that his policies and actions have made him a favorite of the white supremacist, neo-nazis, and the klan.  You can't blame the media for any of that.

So in other words, you have no proof, but you still tried to claim that Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan. Gotcha. 
(02-27-2019, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Do they really think someone should not be afforded to wear a hat of their choosing just because a few assholes do? 

You can wear whatever you want, but you will be judged accordingly.

You may love the shape of a swastika, but if you wear it in public you will be judged based on what it represents.

Same with the Confederate flag.  I live in the south and I understand that for years the confederate flag was mostly a sign of "southern pride" instead of racism.  But now that it has been adopted as a symbol of hate by hate groups everyone is going to have to consider this if they want to fly or wear it.

The MAGA hat does not represent the Republican party.  Many Republicans would never wear it.  It is strictly a symbol of Donald Trump.  And if you are going to advertise that you support Trump then people have no way of knowing that you don't support the statements and activities that have made him a favorite among white supremacists.
(02-28-2019, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So in other words, you have no proof, but you still tried to claim that Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan. Gotcha. 

No. I have proof.

You have no explanation for why he lied about his connection with David Duke.  You have no explanation for why he called the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville "good people".  

Instead you just deny facts staring you in the face and act like they do not exist.

If you want to debate me then address the points I made.  What is your explanation for why Trump refused to denounce David Duke as an evil white supremacist?  Why did Trump lie about his connection with Duke?

Trump said his followers would not question him if he shot a man in the street.  It would have been more appropriate to say they would not question him if he lynched a black man.  People like you would be saying "You have no proof that he did not deserve to get lynched."
(02-28-2019, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No. I have proof.

You have no explanation for why he lied about his connection with David Duke.  You have no explanation for why he called the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville "good people".  

Instead you just deny facts staring you in the face and act like they do not exist.

If you want to debate me then address the points I made.  What is your explanation for why Trump refused to denounce David Duke as an evil white supremacist?  Why did Trump lie about his connection with Duke?

First off, Trump DID denounce David Duke, just not immediately. So, if you're going to claim that I'm denying facts, please provide actual facts first. 

More importantly, because Trump refused to denounce David Duke RIGHT AWAY that is proof that Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan?

I don't think you understand what the word "proof" means.
(02-28-2019, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: More importantly, because Trump refused to denounce David Duke RIGHT AWAY that is proof that Trump is a white supremecist, neo-nazi member of the Klu Klux Klan?

Okay then give me your explanation.  Why did he intitally lie about his knowledge and connections with David Duke.  Why would anyone who is not a white supremacist lie about Duke instead of denouncing him immediately?  Why the delay?

I say it is because Trump tells lies like this until people call him on it and force him to tell the truth.  He wanted the support of the Klan so he was hesitant to denounce them.

What is your explanation?  Why did he lie instead of denouncing him immediately?

And why did he say the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville were "good people"

Why does he call Mexican immigrants disease carrying criminals?