Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The scientist who enjoys debating creationists
(08-05-2015, 11:30 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sorry, but I'm going to call BS on that.
I know half of these cats.
Ninja

Look like savages to me.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-05-2015, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: Look like savages to me.  Ninja

Is that the theory as to why they died out ?
No white people ?
Ninja
(08-05-2015, 10:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: First, the shroud of Turin is not a fossil.
Second, even if it were, one fossil taken alone would not constitute evidence.
Third, the sequence of the fossils record, millions of fossils spanning millions of years sequenced to show increasing complexity and diversity, certainly does serve as evidence to point to evolution as the way life proceeds.
Finally, you are still saying proof when you have been repeatedly told we are talking evidence. Are you having a hard time understanding the difference, or simply following the creationist rhetoric of using incorrect terms in an effort to confuse?

Plus you need a working knowledge of basic Mendelian genetics and statistical analysis.

Also, Mendelian inheritance is "just a theory" which is so widely accepted people forget it is "just a theory."  Along with germ theory.
(08-05-2015, 10:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, science can show how a bird became a "better bird" through fossil evidence and Natural Selection. Is there any evidence that shows a fossil transitioning from one species to modern day man?

How many fossils does it take to consitute evidence?

What do you consider transitional?  Reptiles with avian features or birds with reptilian features?

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/07/31/archeopteryxs-evolutionary-humuliation-continues/

How do you know god was uncreated?
(08-05-2015, 11:36 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is that the theory as to why they died out ?
No white people ?
Ninja

Or did the white people conquer them?!?!  Ninja
(08-05-2015, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or did the white people conquer them?!?!  Ninja

I think I read that, somewhere.
Cool
(08-05-2015, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No thanks, for me that just takes all the fun out of debating.

Not sure how much you are going to enjoy the final one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-05-2015, 10:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, science can show how a bird became a "better bird" through fossil evidence and Natural Selection.

Now youre beginning to get it. If you acknowledge that there are small transitions, then you also have to consider that many small transitions over extremely long periods of time can add up to large overall changes.
[Image: 1408719764958]
(08-04-2015, 11:00 PM)RASCAL Wrote: then why do we still have apes? why aren't they developing into humans today??

Humans are great apes, but the reason why we have primates that are not human is because different environments encourage the continuation of different traits. They fit into their environment just as we fit into ours. Why did some turtles evolve to be aquatic while others live on the land? 

(08-04-2015, 11:30 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I thought you said that man comes from apes. I guess I was wrong!

We are apes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-04-2015, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look. Jesus fossil.

[Image: shroud-full-image.jpg]

How can anybody reject this proof?

(08-05-2015, 10:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, science can show how a bird became a "better bird" through fossil evidence and Natural Selection. Is there any evidence that shows a fossil transitioning from one species to modern day man?

How many fossils does it take to consitute evidence?

For starters, that's not a fossil. Also, if the Shroud is authentic, it still doesn't provide any evidence for creationism.

You're also right that birds have become "better birds". Likewise, humans, a primate, have become better primates than their predecessors. There's both fossil evidence of numerous hominids that demonstrate transitioning and evidence in humans of organs and other parts of the human body that demonstrate evolution.

Unless you're suggesting we were designed to have useless organs and muscles present in other animals.. 

(08-04-2015, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look. Jesus fossil.

[Image: shroud-full-image.jpg]

How can anybody reject this proof?

Look.  Evolution.

[Image: cave-paintings.jpg]

Smirk
(08-05-2015, 12:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Humans are great apes, but the reason why we have primates that are not human is because different environments encourage the continuation of different traits. They fit into their environment just as we fit into ours. Why did some turtles evolve to be aquatic while others live on the land? 

We are apes.

Well.....all turtles by definition all turtles are technically aquatic....otherwise they'd be a tortoise 
Ninja
(08-05-2015, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Look.  Evolution.

[Image: cave-paintings.jpg]

Smirk

Hom0-erotic MS Paint skills are evolution ?
Shocked
(08-05-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well.....all turtles by definition all turtles are technically aquatic....otherwise they'd be a tortoise 
Ninja

Not in 'Merica.

Ok, Let's be zoologists. Why are sea turtles different from semi aquatic turtles like my red ear sliders?

(08-05-2015, 04:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not in 'Merica.

Ok, Let's be zoologists. Why are sea turtles different from semi aquatic turtles like my red ear sliders?

Cause god poofed them that way. Duh!
(08-05-2015, 04:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not in 'Merica.

Simple. Sea turtles live in the ocean, saltwater...red ear sliders are technically terrapins and are freshwater.

Ninja  
(08-05-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well.....all turtles by definition all turtles are technically aquatic....otherwise they'd be a tortoise 
Ninja

I know biologists that would tell you that all tortoises are turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-05-2015, 07:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know biologists that would tell you that all tortoises are turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises. Ninja

They can come here and annoy pat with me too 
(08-05-2015, 06:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Simple. Sea turtles live in the ocean, saltwater...red ear sliders are technically terrapins and are freshwater.

Ninja  

Environment, which was my point (which I know you were not disputing, just my erroneous generalization of "turtle")