Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search (apparently) is back on....
(02-05-2019, 04:53 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: maybe i missed it cause of the outages.  but did anybody ask Zac about Brian callahan or him calling plays and i find it weird bengals havent announced Brian Callahan at all yet.

ZT basically said there was a time and place to announce other coaches and that this wasnt it.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: like Jack Del Rio?  For all this board had been salivating about him, his name wasn't mentioned for any other opening.  We also don't know who they may have their lists.  I seriously doubt they are starting totally from ground zero.

We assumed there was a deal in place. Many said the coaches were already lined up so that was the reason they hadn't signed elsewhere.

We are finding out that wasn't the case.

It's different for good coaches to not have signed because they had agreed to coach with ZT once his season ended, and were waiting for it to be official. Again, we are finding out that wasn't the case.

So there is reason to be alarmed that we are pretty much starting from scratch this late in the game. Not what many on here had said was going on behind the scenes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I like how there's a link to "How to watch the Press Conference" but not an actual link to the live press conference on the site at all, at least that I could find.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:53 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: maybe i missed it cause of the outages.  but did anybody ask Zac about Brian callahan or him calling plays and i find it weird bengals havent announced Brian Callahan at all yet.

They said coach announcement would come later.  They won't talk about anyone until they are under contract.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  Most excellent point.

Not really.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: We assumed there was a deal in place. Many said the coaches were already lined up so that was the reason they hadn't signed elsewhere.

We are finding out that wasn't the case.

It's different for good coaches to not have signed because they had agreed to coach with ZT once his season ended. See the above sentence.

So because there were unchecked rumors swirling about potential hires, we should have taken it as gospel that it was a done deal?  If that were true they would have announced Eric Bienemy as HC two weeks ago.

The team has been quiet about who they have been looking at for the coaching positions.  It would be silly to assume that don't have a list for each and every open job (and those that aren't).  A list we can all assume is far more detailed and researched than any retread name we can come up with.   Mike Brown is very respectful of the process when dealing with other team's staffs.  He wasn't going to do anything official until he had a HC in place.  Let the hiring process play out.  Hopefully, we will all be pleasantly surprised at who comes on board

Reply/Quote

In a one on one interview after the presser, Zac said he would be calling the plays

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote: In a one on one interview after the presser, Zac said he would be calling the plays

Say what.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not really.

You want to worry, go right ahead.  I'm not going to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What he is looking for in his coaching staff

“What we’re looking for are great teachers, concise communicators, outside-the-box thinkers and people who are not afraid to deviate from the norm. We’re in the process of building a great coaching staff,” Taylor said.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean you missed the end when the Ben Gals came out in lingerie?

Dammit man! LMAO

(02-05-2019, 04:53 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: I was wondering if it was only me that lost the feed,  it was bad enough that it kept stopping every 5 secs.  Was getting annoying,  you'd think they could do better than that.

You'd think!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dammit man! LMAO

You'd think!

ESPN was trying to show the presser but they kept losing the feed too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I was hoping for Del Rio.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I was hoping for Del Rio.

I think that most of us were all hoping Del Rio would be our new DC.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:24 PM)McC Wrote: ESPN was trying to show the presser but they kept losing the feed too.

Wonder what the problem was. I watched it on Facebook live without a hitch....
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wonder what the problem was. I watched it on Facebook live without a hitch....

I lost the feed during the FB feed once, and by the time it was back on the presser was over.  I just watched the remainder a few minutes later.  Of course, could have been my phone signal too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:22 PM)pally Wrote: What he is looking for in his coaching staff

“What we’re looking for are great teachers, concise communicators, outside-the-box thinkers and people who are not afraid to deviate from the norm. We’re in the process of building a great coaching staff,” Taylor said.

I like it.
Reply/Quote
Rex is still out there....

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rex is still out there....

...for a very good reason.

I'm trying to picture The Mouth working for a 35 year old HC and knowing his place and not trying to take over and it just does not compute.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:53 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: I was wondering if it was only me that lost the feed,  it was bad enough that it kept stopping every 5 secs.  Was getting annoying,  you'd think they could do better than that.

And all this time you thought buffering was something that only happened with aspirin.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote