Shucks, I don't know.
20.00%
7 20.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Faith
(09-21-2015, 03:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I just pick which parts of the Old Testament I'm going to follow or ignore based upon the situation without any consistency.

Me too.  Unlike most that do that I think being gay is ok but I stand outside the Chinese buffet that has the shrimp dishes and hold signs and tell everyone going in there that they are performing abominations in the eyes of the LORD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-21-2015, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Me too.  Unlike most that do that I think being gay is ok but I stand outside the Chinese buffet that has the shrimp dishes and hold signs and tell everyone going in there that they are performing abominations in the eyes of the LORD.

I like to picket the BBQ joints . . .

Quote: And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

-Leviticus 11:7-8
I'm thinking about expanding to NFL football games behind the uprights to help spread the message.
(09-22-2015, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I like to picket the BBQ joints . . .

I'm thinking about expanding to NFL football games behind the uprights to help spread the message.

http://billygraham.org/answer/does-god-require-us-to-follow-the-old-testament-laws-about-not-eating-pork-and-other-kinds-of-meat-today/

Honestly, I had to look it up.
I've yet to finish reading The Bible.
I got really bogged down with the prose in Solomon.
(09-22-2015, 12:42 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: http://billygraham.org/answer/does-god-require-us-to-follow-the-old-testament-laws-about-not-eating-pork-and-other-kinds-of-meat-today/

There is also the whole situation of we are not Israelites/Hebrews. That covenant was made with a group of people that we are not a part of (mostly), so the Laws of Moses would not necessarily apply to most Christians.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-22-2015, 01:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is also the whole situation of we are not Israelites/Hebrews. That covenant was made with a group of people that we are not a part of (mostly), so the Laws of Moses would not necessarily apply to most Christians.

Thank you.
I had meant to add that, but got wrapped up in researching whether people were trying to make the point of The New Testament changing position on pork and possibly having a similar change in stance on homosexuality.
I learned there are verses against homosexuality in The New Testament.
I was previously unaware.

FWIW I"m ok with ssm.
I believe God is, too.
We currently need population control and it helps matters.
(09-22-2015, 01:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is also the whole situation of we are not Israelites/Hebrews. That covenant was made with a group of people that we are not a part of (mostly), so the Laws of Moses would not necessarily apply to most Christians.

The Laws of Moses were what Jesus followed.  After all he was a Jew.  
(09-22-2015, 03:59 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The Laws of Moses were what Jesus followed.  After all he was a Jew.  

It's just God's sense of humour.

He absolutely doesn't care at all if you eat pork, shrimps or your shoes. 

Free Will is above everything. 
(09-22-2015, 03:59 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The Laws of Moses were what Jesus followed.  After all he was a Jew.  

Yes, but he fulfilled the prophecy and paved the way for Christians and eternal salvation.

FYI: Christians are not Jesus; they simply follow his teachings.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-22-2015, 12:42 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: http://billygraham.org/answer/does-god-require-us-to-follow-the-old-testament-laws-about-not-eating-pork-and-other-kinds-of-meat-today/

"For everything God created is good . . ."  Peter should tell that to God because He gave those laws directly to Moses Himself.  God Himself told Moses pork is unclean.

But, of course, there is more I may share later depending upon how much of an A-hole I want to be.

But he was a Rebel....

[Image: ce6d0c77b0efdc711262e7f7410dcd3e.jpg]

[Image: rebel-life2.jpg]
The funny thing is to realize that the only people whom Jesus had problem with were biggots.
(09-22-2015, 04:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "For everything God created is good . . ."  Peter should tell that to God because He gave those laws directly to Moses Himself.  God Himself told Moses pork is unclean.

But, of course, there is more I may share later depending upon how much of an A-hole I want to be.

God never changed his mind ?
If all were good for eternity, what of the great flood ?

Anyway, I'm by no means an expert and probably could never hold a proper discussion.
I am only learning and trying interpret things about the Bible.
I think that I am more reasonable than most and as I've made apparent, my religion is not only dictated by the Bible.

I just think things are taken out of context, all too often, by opponents and proponents.

So, I guess if you really want to be an A-hole, go for it.
I cannot guarantee you that I will give you the responses to validate grandstanding though, as I consider very little as absolute.
(09-22-2015, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but he fulfilled the prophecy and paved the way for Christians and eternal salvation.

FYI: Christians are not Jesus; they simply follow his teachings.

Which is precisely why his fellow Jews are still waiting for the Messiah.  
(09-22-2015, 04:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: God never changed his mind ?
If all were good for eternity, what of the great flood ?

Anyway, I'm by no means an expert and probably could never hold a proper discussion.
I am only learning and trying interpret things about the Bible.
I think that I am more reasonable than most and as I've made apparent, my religion is not only dictated by the Bible.

I just think things are taken out of context, all too often, by opponents and proponents.

So, I guess if you really want to be an A-hole, go for it.
I cannot guarantee you that I will give you the responses to validate grandstanding though, as I consider very little as absolute.

Why would a being with "perfect knowledge" ever "change his/her mind"?  
(09-22-2015, 04:55 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Why would a being with "perfect knowledge" ever "change his/her mind"?  

To prove a point ?
I'm not sure.
It is a valid question though.
Perhaps given the "pork" scenario, God wanted to merely see if Moses and the crew would do as he asked ?
Dunno...

I am far more ignorant and far less stubborn than most that take up these conversations.
I attempt to discuss, so I might further my understanding of the Bible and understand others perception of it.
Hopefully I will not be thrown into a generalization for my beliefs.
I also ask that if anyone ever feels that I seem like I'm preaching or condemning anyone, please ask me if I realize that it is coming across that way.
(09-22-2015, 04:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If all were good for eternity, what of the great flood ?

The last ice age ended...
(09-22-2015, 05:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: To prove a point ?
I'm not sure.
It is a valid question though.
Perhaps given the "pork" scenario, God wanted to merely see if Moses and the crew would do as he asked ?
Dunno...

I am far more ignorant and far less stubborn than most that take up these conversations.
I attempt to discuss, so I might further my understanding of the Bible and understand others perception of it.
Hopefully I will not be thrown into a generalization for my beliefs.
I also ask that if anyone ever feels that I seem like I'm preaching or condemning anyone, please ask me if I realize that it is coming across that way.

Isn't it established that God knows the future already?  What exactly would he need to "see"?  That answer doesn't seem to make any practical sense.  
(09-22-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The last ice age ended...

The comment was in context to God's declaration of all he created being "good".

Apart from that, yes, that is what likely what caused the great flood that is recorded in lore across many cultures.
I have an absolute different point of view of what the flood is but my english isn't good enough for me to explain that.

Well, I found this and this is interesting

http://tayo123.blog.co.uk/2012/05/29/the-tsela-noah-and-the-male-female-work-13773398/