Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This Offense
is still struggling. Joe wasn't sharp at all for 3 qtrs. They continue to try Mixon running and short pass dumps that lose yards, they don't throw deep enough anymore and don't use Tight Ends across the middle enough. The plays in the center of field worked when they did run them. Zac again chose to try 4th and whatever instead of the FG for 3 early in game. Turns out it didn't cost them but looked like it could have at the time.

This analytical system of play calling is fine if you have the play caller (Zac) and players to pull them off but how many times are they gonna try Mixon on 4th and come up short? His play calling just isn't sharp.
Reply/Quote
I got an analytic stat for Zac he sucks at calling plays on 4th and 1 kick the field goal.
Reply/Quote
They have a RB problem
Reply/Quote
I'm seeing a lot of progress the past two weeks. Oddly enough, running the ball (even with the tiny amount of success) allowed Burrow to stay pretty clean and we connected on some deep shots. I think they can still improve and Mixon is getting surrounded quickly. The run game will definitely need to improve. But I see slow improvement from the oline. I do think they can get more creative with the route designs to get people open. I thought the Hurst TD was a great call to get him wide open. We need more plays like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They just look disjointed, no flow, no mo jo. The running game sucking so bad is killing them, still.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:51 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I got an analytic stat for Zac he sucks at calling plays on 4th and 1 kick the field goal.

Yep, that pitch to Mixon was a terrible call. Shotgun is a must on 4th and 1 I think. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah pretty disjointed but happy to take the W and build on.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:51 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I got an analytic stat for Zac he sucks at calling plays on 4th and 1 kick the field goal.

Don't know why he's so determined to make the toss wide to the right work on 4th down. What's wrong with a quick snap QB sneak ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:51 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: They have a RB problem

I agree with this. The offense will be much better when they can run the ball but they continue to avg right around 3ypc. Mixon appears to have lost a step multiple times thought he was going to break for massive gains and failed to each time. He also missed a WALK IN TOUCHDOWN if he goes outside of Collins instead he just runs right up his back.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:53 AM)wanga Wrote: Yeah pretty disjointed but happy to take the W and build on.

All I wanted was a win so I could watch football from 9:30 am until 11:30 and be completely relaxed on Sunday
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Damn, we nitpicking playcalls after that Hurst TD, the Tyler Boyd pass, and hitting a couple nice deep balls? Wasn't Miami number three in the league in run win rate? That front is stout. It was a methodical performance that eventually wore them down. I mean, they hit Mitchell Wilcox ffs. I saw a bad playcall on the 4th down, but otherwise, I thought they did well, and Joe was patient until he didn't need to be. Mixon missed a couple of holes that would have been decent gainers, but they still struggle running. That said, again, Miami is very good against the run. Joe was sacked once.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yea, I don't get Mixon, he used to bounce off guys for gains but now it seems like he just plows into a pile of big bodies for no gains. I dunno? Before the TD to Hurst he ran right up on Williams when he could have spun outside and dove across goal it seemed.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't know why he's so determined to make the toss wide to the right work on 4th down. What's wrong with a quick snap QB sneak ?

What I woulda called and said so during the game. Then Miami does the exact same thing and fail to convert on 4th and inches. Sneak the damn ball! But it's one call in a game we won.....

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:56 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Damn, we nitpicking playcalls after that TD, the Tyler Boyd pass, and hitting a couple nice deep balls? Wasn't Miami number three in the league in run win rate? That front is stout. It was a methodical performance that eventually wore them down. I mean, they hit Mitchell Wilcox ffs. I saw a bad playcall on the 4th down, but otherwise, I thought they did well, and Joe was patient until he didn't need to be. Mixon missed a couple of holes that would have been decent gainers, but they still struggle running. That said, again, Miami is very good against the run. Joe was sacked once.

What a great play that one was.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a great play that one was.

Great pass by TB.

Reply/Quote
I don't know when we're going to have a serious conversation about the run game lol, we've got a 24/61 performance for 2.5 YPC today.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:54 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: I agree with this. The offense will be much better when they can run the ball but they continue to avg right around 3ypc. Mixon appears to have lost a step multiple times thought he was going to break for massive gains and failed to each time. He also missed a WALK IN TOUCHDOWN if he goes outside of Collins instead he just runs right up his back.

They are trying to run Mixon between the tackles he is not that type of runner. You need a big downhill runner that hits the hole hard and fast with no stutter steps. That is not Mixon he runs to the outside better and he catches the ball on swing pass better get him in the open field. Perine is your between the tackle's runner the downhill guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:03 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: They are trying to run Mixon between the tackles he is not that type of runner. You need a big downhill runner that hits the hole hard and fast with no stutter steps. That is not Mixon he runs to the outside better and he catches the ball on swing pass better get him in the open field. Perine is your between the tackle's runner the downhill guy.
IDK, he kinda sux on those outside tosses
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't know when we're going to have a serious conversation about the run game lol, we've got a 24/61 performance for 2.5 YPC today.

According to Zac everyone has their role and Mixon's role is to underachieve every week running the ball. Zacs role is to ignore the problem.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:03 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: They are trying to run Mixon between the tackles he is not that type of runner. You need a big downhill runner that hits the hole hard and fast with no stutter steps. That is not Mixon he runs to the outside better and he catches the ball on swing pass better get him in the open field. Perine is your between the tackle's runner the downhill guy.

I think Mixon is average at what he's good at, and below average at other things we ask him to do. When will we look elsewhere? Is he really doing the best we can find behind this line?

My argument for "if there were holes" is that can't most average RBs run through holes?

1st and goal on the 1 is a FGA is not a recipe for success lol.
Reply/Quote