Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon. It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.
Reply/Quote
Imagine being this miserable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Big win for the guys on this team. Maybe Zac Taylor went back to his roots and started coaching without quarterback influence.

For us fans looking for a rushing attack and a balanced offense, this win feels pretty damn good!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Strange how suddenly the OL looks pretty nice when they get under center more and are more balanced between run and pass...almost like passing 65-70% of the time out of shotgun without additional blockers hangs the line - any line - out to dry.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure this thread is going to keep Zac up all night because he's so upset about it.
Reply/Quote
he's right. it's ZT's mindset. you can't win the AFC north w/o having a run game. and if that doesn't convince you then the playcalls certainly should.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine being this miserable.

I agree with absolutely everything the op posted why don't we diversify the offense when burrow is there??
Reply/Quote
Sober up.
Reply/Quote

imagine being a bengals fan for your whole life. it's understandable to be miserable. tell fans of other teams you're a bengal fan. they'll usually just say "sorry dude" lol
Reply/Quote
Joe burrow NEEDS to work at being more comfortable under center. It allows for better playcalling. It’s my only gripe with burrow.

You sir, can exit stage left whenever you want. Chase brown was a big difference in the running game and he wasn’t healthy all year. Mixon did about his usual 3.8 ypc, so it wasn’t like he was a world beater.

Zac Taylor with a healthy burrow took this team to the SB and AFCcG. Get a good nights rest and delete this post tomorrow when you realize how silly you sound.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Strange how suddenly the OL looks pretty nice when they get under center more and are more balanced between run and pass...almost like passing 65-70% of the time out of shotgun without additional blockers hangs the line - any line - out to dry.

iI thought I was the only one that noticed.

We're not getting big runs like we did in this game unless Burrow is scrambling out the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I agree with absolutely everything the op posted why don't we diversify the offense when burrow is there??

Burrow likes the shotgun. No one pushes back on burrow. Burrow needs to get comfortable under center. It’s really simple, honestly.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon. It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.

Life is tough. Tougher for you
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Strange how suddenly the OL looks pretty nice when they get under center more and are more balanced between run and pass...almost like passing 65-70% of the time out of shotgun without additional blockers hangs the line - any line - out to dry.

Good post.

I bet you these linemen have been aching to hit somebody all year long, and they finally got a chance.  Who knows? Maybe they'll get even better next week? 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

If there's anything to be upset with Zac and Co. it's this. I get Burrow is good enough to play his style and still win in this league. But we need to do more of this with him and make life easier not just on him but also our running game and receivers. Besides those two trick plays which were just terrible in design and execution it was a very good night. But this is another example why I don't like the committee thing. I want to know who's coming up with those but perhaps it's all of them because they are actually calling those plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:17 AM)WildCat Wrote: imagine being a bengals fan for your whole life. it's understandable to be miserable. tell fans of other teams you're a bengal fan. they'll usually just say "sorry dude" lol

They just got a huge win on MNF against a good team. Maybe stop whining for a night and get a grip.

Reply/Quote
This is getting absurd.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Higgins also coming back opened things up. On the stat sheet it doesn’t say much, but it was evident when I watched the game.
Reply/Quote

Imagine being happy with 6-6 on a team that was expected to be in the AFCCG.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They just got a huge win on MNF against a good team. Maybe stop whining for a night and get a grip.

how about you don't attack other fans of "your" team? there's a thought.
Reply/Quote