Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This coaching staff is starting to really piss me off..
The way they've handled the Jackson Carman situation is nothing short of classless and it's not reflective of a winning franchise..Jackson Carman wasn't handed the job he went and worked really hard and was showing decent progress by all accounts up until now..

Everything we've heard week after week was that he continued to improve,so my question is how in the hell does adenji just get the job as if he's a proven commodity?? The kid was showing he belongs he won his matchup with cam heywood someone who wrecked havoc against us for years;he won his matchup with Brandon Williams another tackle we've struggled against..

I don't like this move at all it stinks and it's the type of move that could hurt the guys career..
Reply/Quote
Maybe it'll lead to Carman's move to RT (fixing that future hole) if they can establish the RG position this next half season.

It would be nice to just need a starting Center next offseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Coaches have seen thousands more reps by these players in practice than we have seen in games.

Hard to get mad at their judgement when you have no idea what it is based on.

I like Carmen a lot. But I don't know enough about his health or how adeniji has looked in practice to question the coaches judgement.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coaches have seen thousands more reps by these players in practice than we have seen in games.

Hard to get mad at their judgement when you have no idea what it is based on.

I like Carmen a lot.  But I don't know enough about his health or how adeniji has looked in practice to question the coaches judgement.
Can we please not go there about what these coaches are seeing in practice because like I said by all accounts since he's been inserted all we heard from the coaches was how much he was improving..Cohesion on a offensive line is probably the second most important aspect to talent itself this move may also be a chemistry killer..
Reply/Quote
The Back injury could be worse than we know but more week to week. Carman was showing good things that show promise for thr future but also was not consistent and consistency is the key to the Offensive Line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:01 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Can we please not go there about what these coaches are seeing in practice because like I said by all accounts since he's been inserted all we heard from the coaches was how much he was improving..Cohesion on a offensive line is probably the second most important aspect to talent itself this move may also be a chemistry killer..

Maybe he is not 100% because of his back.

Maybe he looked good but Adiniji looked better.

But let me hear your theory.  If Carman is better and everyone can see it then why would the coaches start someone else?  This staff is taking a lot of heat over not winning so why would they do something that would make them more likely to lose?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe he is not 100% because of his back.

But let me hear your theory.  If Carman is better and everyone can see it then why would the coaches start someone else?  This staff is taking a lot of heat over not winning so why would they do something that would make them more likely to lose?

Did Carman not dominate cam Heyward??did Carman not dominate Brandon Williams?name me another guard on this roster with the talent to dominate either I'm waiting ????
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:13 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Did Carman not dominate cam Heyward??did Carman not dominate Brandon Williams?name me another guard on this roster with the talent to dominate either I'm waiting ????

Nothing special about Cam Heyward or Brandon Williams this year.  Pretty much every guard they play against shuts them down.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 01:43 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The way they've handled the Jackson Carman situation is nothing short of classless and it's not reflective of a winning franchise..Jackson Carman wasn't handed the job he went and worked really hard and was showing decent progress by all accounts up until now..

do we know more than the coaches? possible carman isn't close to 100% and they are trying to rest him a bit. we'll know more after the bye.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:26 PM)P W Wrote: do we know more than the coaches? possible carman isn't close to 100% and they are trying to rest him a bit. we'll know more after the bye.

It's an entire article on cincy jungle about how Carman is being demoted..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 03:26 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's an entire article on cincy jungle about how Carman is being demoted..

Did you read it? lol or just see the headline
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 03:26 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's an entire article on cincy jungle about how Carman is being demoted..

Which said it may just be due to the injury.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like somebody jumped the gun on this.

He’s probably still hurt and adeniji looked like a decent player before the injury.

I wonder where D’ante Smith is
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe he is not 100% because of his back.

Benched Dalton in favor of Finley. Unless we're giving Talyor credit for tanking if that's what he was doing. Also with Hopkins struggles due to his previous knee injury makes you question they're judgement on trading Price.
Reply/Quote
Adeniji looked like crap out there. Not totally shocking with the lack of reps but it did not help things.
Reply/Quote
Linemen are long term investments. If one, especially a young one, has an injury, there's no reason to possibly make it worse by putting him on the field.

Jonah's a perfect example. Loved the pick, but I was frustrated with the injuries. But the staff did what was best for him long term. 

The main issue is depth. We don't have any that let's banged up guys heal but the team not see a drop off in play. Carman is coming along, but we aren't in a position where he's good enough that you have to ask a guy to risk his future because it's a make or break game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:10 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sounds like somebody jumped the gun on this.

He’s probably still hurt and adeniji looked like a decent player before the injury.

I wonder where D’ante Smith is

On IR
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Benched Dalton in favor of Finley. 

Good point.

Season was over when we benched Dalton, but that move really made Zac look bad.  Don't know how Finley could have possibly looked better than Dalton in practice.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 01:43 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The way they've handled the Jackson Carman situation is nothing short of classless and it's not reflective of a winning franchise..Jackson Carman wasn't handed the job he went and worked really hard and was showing decent progress by all accounts up until now..

Everything we've heard week after week was that he continued to improve,so my question is how in the hell does adenji just get the job as if he's a proven commodity?? The kid was showing he belongs he won his matchup with cam heywood someone who wrecked havoc against us for years;he won his matchup with Brandon Williams another tackle we've struggled against..

I don't like this move at all it stinks and it's the type of move that could hurt the guys career..

Well, that's a pretty minor thing to be pissed off at the coaches for.

I'm generally pissed off at them for being bad coaches.

Reply/Quote
In a presser, Zac said Adeniji had "earned another start". I got the impression they were going to see if he's able to keep that spot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote