Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
On the national stage, with bigtime playoff implications, with Jon Gruden ranting endlessly about every little thing McCarron does, the worst nightmare of Andy Dalton fanboys becomes a reality.

McCarron will lead the Bengals to a win, Gruden will be overflowing with praise, and whether AJ has a tremendous game or not, Gruden's hype will lead to a lot more people in the country believing that McCarron is the right QB for the job the rest of the season.

He has been waiting years for this moment. He will carp the diem.

I'll be back to eat humble pie after the game if I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
I hope you're right. Not because I'm pro-McCarron or anti-Dalton, I just want a win
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope he doesn't try to do to much. Just take whats there and protect the ball. The Bengals D is good enough to lean on.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
In my opinion if you're not an Andy Dalton fanboy at this point in the season...I think you were vehemently anti Andy. 

Your words are expecting a stellar performance, not a win. A win alone won't save you, lol. We all want a win, and I doubt anyone would say they wouldn't want him throwing up 50 points tonight.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:35 PM)BigSeph Wrote: On the national stage, with bigtime playoff implications, with Jon Gruden ranting endlessly about every little thing McCarron does, the worst nightmare of Andy Dalton fanboys becomes a reality.

McCarron will lead the Bengals to a win, Gruden will be overflowing with praise, and whether AJ has a tremendous game or not, Gruden's hype will lead to a lot more people in the country believing that McCarron is the right QB for the job the rest of the season.

He has been waiting years for this moment.  He will carp the diem.

I hope we win and win big. But that's as far as I'm willing to go on this.

Reply/Quote
Great. Let the fawning begin. Maybe we can get a 1+ for him in the offseason and bolster our roster even further.
Reply/Quote
McCarron won't play well
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:35 PM)BigSeph Wrote: On the national stage, with bigtime playoff implications, with Jon Gruden ranting endlessly about every little thing McCarron does, the worst nightmare of Andy Dalton fanboys becomes a reality.

He has been waiting years for this moment.  He will carp the diem.

I don't think a Bengal win is the worst nightmare of any Bengal fan.  I hope McCarron plays well.  But regardless, Andy Dalton is our QB.  If McCarron does very well, he will garner us a nice draft pick in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think a Bengal win is the worst nightmare of any Bengal fan.  I hope McCarron plays well.  But regardless, Andy Dalton is our QB.  If McCarron does very well, he will garner us a nice draft pick in a trade.

I think he has to play extremely well for that to occur. The Bengals are stacked, people will wonder if "any QB" could do it. They wonder that about Dalton, I'm sure. McCarron has no mobility exhibited so far, like zilch. Takes sacks, can't run. Dalton is good for a couple first downs and perhaps a TD sneak every game!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think he has to play extremely well for that to occur. The Bengals are stacked, people will wonder if "any QB" could do it. They wonder that about Dalton, I'm sure. McCarron has no mobility exhibited so far, like zilch. Takes sacks, can't run. Dalton is good for a couple first downs and perhaps a TD sneak every game!

A bit overly critical of a guy with one game of experience as the NFL. He's only got two National Championship rings so I wouldn't count him out.

A win tonight would be our first win at Denver since 1974, apparently. So that's something that Boomer, Andy and Carson have failed to do previously. A win tonight would also give him a winning record in primetime. That's something no recent Bengal can say. Dalton is 1-2 this year under the lights.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think a Bengal win is the worst nightmare of any Bengal fan.  I hope McCarron plays well.  But regardless, Andy Dalton is our QB.  If McCarron does very well, he will garner us a nice draft pick in a trade.

Not for another 2 years.  If there is anything the NFL has learned this season with injuries to Romo, The Rapist, and Dalton is that you need someone who can step in and win games.  Hell, even last season showed it when Palmer tore his ACL.  If McCarron lights it up, he wont leave the Bengals until the trade deadline of 2017 at the earliest.
Reply/Quote
Who really cares about all of this mess?

Just get the W.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

We aren't going to trade AJM in the off season, particularly not on a two or three start resume. He serves a function on this team and has two years left on his deal.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:38 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: I hope you're right. Not because I'm pro-McCarron or anti-Dalton, I just want a win

I couldn't agree more with this.  Just win,  baby! 

Reply/Quote
He has had only one start. Shouldn't we wait till he has a few games under his belt to determine what he is or isn't. This league is starved for quality QB's. If he did start lighting it up that could become interesting come draft time. New England pulled it off why not us. Look at the way some of these teams are run you never know.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think he has to play extremely well for that to occur. The Bengals are stacked, people will wonder if "any QB" could do it. They wonder that about Dalton, I'm sure. McCarron has no mobility exhibited so far, like zilch. Takes sacks, can't run. Dalton is good for a couple first downs and perhaps a TD sneak every game!

I agree. No mobility.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A bit overly critical of a guy with one game of experience as the NFL. He's only got two National Championship rings so I wouldn't count him out.

A win tonight would be our first win at Denver since 1974, apparently. So that's something that Boomer, Andy and Carson have failed to do previously. A win tonight would also give him a winning record in primetime. That's something no recent Bengal can say. Dalton is 1-2 this year under the lights.

College success means shit in NFL. Dalton won in college too (did you dismiss that?). Tebow was damn good, where is he...

Secondly, I'm not being overly critical, unless the guy suddenly figured out how to be mobile, he is not mobile. Not sure what your point is. Was he mobile in college? No, he wasn't.

Unless AJM plays lights out, he will not be worthy of a high trade/draft pick. The Bengals team is stacked. Manziel could play on this team if coached right, lol. 

You think I'm being a bit over critical and I think you're being a bit too wingman for AJM. It his time to show if he's a serviceable backup, or more for perhaps another team.

You're also playing the what-if game with someone that is injured, at this point, you have to admit Dalton has a (much) better chance at winning in Denver than AJMC does - regardless if AJ MC guides them to a win tonight. I don't get the anti Andy stuff, the pro AJMC comes off as Anti Andy. The neg AJMC stuff is reality since "we have only seen one game".
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:06 PM)tigerseye Wrote: He has had only one start. Shouldn't we wait till he has a few games under his belt to determine what he is or isn't. This league is starved for quality QB's. If he did start lighting it up that could become interesting come draft time. New England pulled it off why not us. Look at the way some of these teams are run you never know.

Matt Cassell, cough.

A team can make a QB look awesome. Dalton's stats are padded for the same reason. My only point is the dude needs to be above and beyond on a team that is already prepped to wreck the league if someone wants him as trade bait; it's not like he's playing for the Browns and somehow getting a win. IIRC, Vick won a couple games (you know, when Bell took a direct snap on 4th and goal for the last play of the game). Wonder what his trade bait status is.
Reply/Quote
Yup Dalton's amazing qbr and drop on INTs is all because of everyone else...smh. Dalton was having an MVP season people lets not be to quick to forget.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not but I agree, Dalton was having an MVP year. It helps to have the team he does, he's not playing with a bunch of scrubs. Hence AJMC isn't either. 
Reply/Quote