Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-KC
(11-28-2022, 09:43 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Winning can bring that out of an organization. Unfortunately.

That faulkism. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 01:37 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: That's because he's too old, fat, slow, and unmotivated to get to the QB.  

Blatantly false on all accounts:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DunlCa99.htm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They probably don’t actually hate it. They’ve probably never even had it. It’s just an unoriginal joke on the national scale, so you’d expect the unoriginal to use it. It’s lazy.

It's from the people who pour a quart of BBQ sauce on everything and claim themselves the best.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Win or lose, the toxicity of that board will grow even more.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati message boards are filled with people who obviously like each other, respect each other, but engage in occasional polite debate. The Kansas City message boards are filled with people who clearly hate each other. We may sound like a support group but they sound like a cell block.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Here's the thing:

The Bengals are going into this game having beaten them twice in a row...the expectation is that the Chiefs will not lose to the same team 3 times in a row. So, essentially, there is no pressure on the Bengals to win this game, especially after winning in Tennessee yesterday.

So the fans are definitely going to be much more guarded and defensive because they know if they lose this game, the media narrative will be that Patrick Mahomes cleans Joe Burrow's jockstrap for him each night. We'd essentially be the owners of the Chiefs until we meet them again, perhaps in the playoffs.

So all the Bengals need to do for this to be a successful week is to appear competent vs the Chiefs. Don't get blown out.

And if they win? Holy shit, the alarms in every Chiefs fan's head will be ringing so loudly they won't even be able to sleep that night, and we'd be the toast of the NFL town for the remainder of the season.

It's a really nice position to be in.

They will just blame the refs, Chase and Higgins push off, Mahomes threw the game etc....
Reply/Quote
Mahomes wife is suppose to go into labor. Let's hope it's like 3 in the morning on sunday...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 04:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That faulkism. LOL

heywhoawhoawhoa. Should i be offended??  Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: heywhoawhoawhoa. Should i be offended??  Nervous

I was referring to his sig (which I guess I forgot to specify - derp). Don't know why, but it cracks me up every time I read it. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:40 PM)Tony Wrote: Mahomes wife is suppose to go into labor. Let's hope it's like 3 in the morning on sunday...

Their child was born yesterday.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Reading these Chiefs boards, I agree with all of you. But I was at Arrowhead for the whole weekend in January and everyone was cool as shit, including at the game. I can’t figure it out.

The tomahawk chant can go fork itself though, makes me want to puke.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:47 AM)BucketE Wrote: Reading these Chiefs boards, I agree with all of you. But I was at Arrowhead for the whole weekend in January and everyone was cool as shit, including at the game. I can’t figure it out.

I won’t retell the story, but the Chiefs fan I rode with on the fame day was top notch cool. Maybe most of them on the board are poseurs?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I was listening to Sirius on the way to work, and just as I was getting into Frankfort, they had a Chief's fan call in. He was saying Mahomes tightens up playing against Burrow like he has never seen before, even when they play Brady. But what he said that really piqued my interest, since I don't really follow the Chiefs, is that they have yet to play a team this year that has its whole receiving corp. healthy. He has doubts their new DB's can keep up. The host was saying the Chiefs have finally found a ground game, but with Reader in there we know we can stop the run. Basically Kelce is having a career year, but no one else is really stepping up. (At least, that's what they said) If we can contain Mahomes and Kelce, and Chase is back and close to 100%, I think we run away with this one.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:27 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I hope someone just cuts Carlos Dunlap down to size. You know he likes to bat down balls and Joe has a propensity to get some knocked down

Hopefully Joe can gain enough confidence in his OL to utilize a pump fake.  This would help a lot, you just have to have time to do it.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:55 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Their child was born yesterday.

…and is already smarter than the mouth breathers over at chiefsplanet.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:47 AM)BucketE Wrote: Reading these Chiefs boards, I agree with all of you. But I was at Arrowhead for the whole weekend in January and everyone was cool as shit, including at the game. I can’t figure it out.

keyboard warriors who are basically nice people in person but let their inner jerks out when hiding behind message board pseudonyms.

and oh yeah, that chant drives me nuts.  It isn't even original to the Chiefs...they stole it from the Florida State Seminoles.  At least the Saints had the decency to make a small change to the Who Dey chant when they stole it from us

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Mostly the toxic ones are the keyboard commandos (KC Cool ) staying at home making sure they spew their filth on the internet the very moment something happens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

That's actually an interesting sociology question.

I'm betting the leadership on that message board is probably alot younger than they are here they allowed alot more vulgarity. Because of their rules they continue to collect those individuals while the KC fans that just want to talk football without all that leave quickly.

It actually happens here too. We tend to see people that I believe are younger posters join act like they do on KC planet end up banned quickly and without warning.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

I don't think they represent the average Chiefs fan.  We've had their fans come here and say they despise that site.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 11:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think they represent the average Chiefs fan.  We've had their fans come here and say they despise that site.

Yeah, most Chiefs fans I've interacted with over the years are nothing like those guys. This goes for their fans both IRL and online.
Reply/Quote