Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-KC
(11-30-2022, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But what he said that really piqued my interest, since I don't really follow the Chiefs, is that they have yet to play a team this year that has its whole receiving corp. healthy. 

I'm curious what they were meaning here. They may just be wrong. The Chargers weren't missing any of their receivers in week two, but Donald Parham who is their backup TE did not play. If they are counting that, they are really reaching hard here to prove that out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 12:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm curious what they were meaning here. They may just be wrong. The Chargers weren't missing any of their receivers in week two, but Donald Parham who is their backup TE did not play. If they are counting that, they are really reaching hard here to prove that out. 

Yeah, I don't know. The caller seemed pretty knowledgeable but I don't follow them to say. 
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think this thread is that bad. Of course they're all butthurt about last year, and you have more than a few self-styled bad-ass homers. But -- kind of like a Village People concert, sprinkled here and there is some good stuff. I concur with most of Post 78:

This thread is pretty much a rah-rah thread, but here's some actual analysis.

This Bengals team is damn good. Way better than their record.

Burrow is fantastic, of course, and they have a top 3 set of offensive weapons in the NFL. We should assume Jamar Chase magically is healthy enough to play this week, and this is one of those games Spags loses sleep over. To accommodate the rookies in the secondary, his back seven is incredibly basic zone, and really good QBs can carve it up if they don't face a ton of pressure. If we can't get a ton of pressure on Burrow, it's going to be very hard to stop him, even without Chase. Their weapons really are that good. (For the record, the Bengals will get one additional year of not-breaking-the-bank-Burrow, but two years from now this team is going to have to pay Burrow and Chase, and it's going to gut their team.)

After the bye, Spags has done everything in his power to generate the best possible passrush, and it shows. The Chiefs live in teams' backfields right now -- though I do wonder how well that's going to work against Cincy. The Titans have a really great passrush and only planted his ass in the dirt once. Do not believe the advance stats, guys: the Bengals offensive line is very good in pass protection now. They're healthy and they're not allowing a ton of pressure.

Of course, the Chiefs have a cheat code in Chris Jones, but Burrow is nearly Mahomes-esque in pocket navigation. They need multiple passrushers to have a game, and Spags needs to be surgical with his blitz calls: none of these stupid fire blitz calls by the handful that killed the D against Josh Allen.

The Bengals have a run game that is workable, but won't kill them necessarily. Mixon is very good but not healthy. Perine is basically late-career Spencer Ware: good player, but he's not the guy who beats you.

The Bengals defense is underrated, I think. They just shut down Derrick Henry, which is somewhat deceptive. They stacked the box against the Titans, which you can't do against Mahomes. But their two interior DTs are healthy now and they're massive and extremely hard to move.

The Bengals have a good secondary, but it doesn't matter right now with Mahomes and this offense... This is as good an offense as the Chiefs have ever had, and the multitude of weapons the Chiefs boast with what's probably going to be an A-game from Andy Reid with tons of man beaters... I just don't think there's much the secondary will be able to do other than double Kelce and dare Mahomes to beat them with anybody else. Mahomes is extremely sharp this year, and he will beat them with everybody else.

The only hope for the Bengals is to get to Mahomes, and Hendrickson/Hubbard is going to give our tackles a lot of problems. I'm guessing the Chiefs give Wylie as much help as they can manage in this game, and just pray Brown can hold off Hendrickson, which he couldn't in the playoffs. So this will be how the Bengals contains Mahomes, if at all.

The Bengals also have that deadly "rush three with a spy" alignment that they stifled Mahomes with twice last season, including the AFCCG where Mahomes was so locked down, he seemingly forgot how to play football. I suspect the better talent this team has across the board will be the solution to that problem, but it's not one we should dare to forget.

The Bengals are a balanced team, with a metric ton of offensive talent, a good secondary, and tough in the trenches.

The Chiefs are capable of handling all this, but they have to get to Burrow, and they have to keep Mahomes clean.

I do agree with everyone that Mahomes and Reid want to absolutely murder the Bengals, and I bet both of them will be at the top of their game. But there's a reason the Bengals swept us last year in the exact same way: they are very talented and their coaching staff had a great feel for our tendencies.

I have this game as a true tossup, maybe even a very slight lean to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Looking at that site, it's pretty clear that it's mostly made up of 12 year olds trying to act tough. Oh My
Reply/Quote
Wow, now they're saying Chase won't make it through one game and another moron said "This is pure speculation, but what if Chase is being a little ***** about a minor injury, and the Bengals are protecting his reputation by exaggerating it?"

If nothing else, that sites good for a laugh. It's like watching monkeys at the zoo eat their own shit. Wub
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:50 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I honestly don't think this thread is that bad.  Of course they're all butthurt about last year, and you have more than a few self-styled bad-ass homers.  But -- kind of like a Village People concert, sprinkled here and there is some good stuff.  I concur with most of Post 78:

Burrow is fantastic, of course, and they have a top 3 set of offensive weapons in the NFL. We should assume Jamar Chase magically is healthy enough to play this week, and this is one of those games Spags loses sleep over. To accommodate the rookies in the secondary, his back seven is incredibly basic zone, and really good QBs can carve it up if they don't face a ton of pressure. If we can't get a ton of pressure on Burrow, it's going to be very hard to stop him, even without Chase. Their weapons really are that good. (For the record, the Bengals will get one additional year of not-breaking-the-bank-Burrow, but two years from now this team is going to have to pay Burrow and Chase, and it's going to gut their team.)

After the bye, Spags has done everything in his power to generate the best possible passrush, and it shows. The Chiefs live in teams' backfields right now -- though I do wonder how well that's going to work against Cincy. The Titans have a really great passrush and only planted his ass in the dirt once. Do not believe the advance stats, guys: the Bengals offensive line is very good in pass protection now. They're healthy and they're not allowing a ton of pressure.

Of course, the Chiefs have a cheat code in Chris Jones, but Burrow is nearly Mahomes-esque in pocket navigation. They need multiple passrushers to have a game, and Spags needs to be surgical with his blitz calls: none of these stupid fire blitz calls by the handful that killed the D against Josh Allen.

The Bengals have a run game that is workable, but won't kill them necessarily. Mixon is very good but not healthy. Perine is basically late-career Spencer Ware: good player, but he's not the guy who beats you.

The Bengals defense is underrated, I think. They just shut down Derrick Henry, which is somewhat deceptive. They stacked the box against the Titans, which you can't do against Mahomes. But their two interior DTs are healthy now and they're massive and extremely hard to move.

The Bengals have a good secondary, but it doesn't matter right now with Mahomes and this offense... This is as good an offense as the Chiefs have ever had, and the multitude of weapons the Chiefs boast with what's probably going to be an A-game from Andy Reid with tons of man beaters... I just don't think there's much the secondary will be able to do other than double Kelce and dare Mahomes to beat them with anybody else. Mahomes is extremely sharp this year, and he will beat them with everybody else.

The only hope for the Bengals is to get to Mahomes, and Hendrickson/Hubbard is going to give our tackles a lot of problems. I'm guessing the Chiefs give Wylie as much help as they can manage in this game, and just pray Brown can hold off Hendrickson, which he couldn't in the playoffs. So this will be how the Bengals contains Mahomes, if at all.

The Bengals also have that deadly "rush three with a spy" alignment that they stifled Mahomes with twice last season, including the AFCCG where Mahomes was so locked down, he seemingly forgot how to play football. I suspect the better talent this team has across the board will be the solution to that problem, but it's not one we should dare to forget.

The Bengals are a balanced team, with a metric ton of offensive talent, a good secondary, and tough in the trenches.

The Chiefs are capable of handling all this, but they have to get to Burrow, and they have to keep Mahomes clean.

I do agree with everyone that Mahomes and Reid want to absolutely murder the Bengals, and I bet both of them will be at the top of their game. But there's a reason the Bengals swept us last year in the exact same way: they are very talented and their coaching staff had a great feel for our tendencies.

I have this game as a true tossup, maybe even a very slight lean to the Bengals.

If you keep reading you'll see that guy getting killed by posters for trying to facilitate actual discussion that's not just durr durr Bengals suck d*ck durr durr I want to suck Mahomes d*ck. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:50 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Comment from the Chiefs' board:

"For the record, the Bengals will get one additional year of not-breaking-the-bank-Burrow, but two years from now this team is going to have to pay Burrow and Chase, and it's going to gut their team."

How do other teams navigate this? How do the Chiefs with Mahomes pay him and not gut the team? How do the Browns pay Watson and not gut the team? How does Buffalo pay Allen and not gut the team?  There must be a way to keep Burrow and Chase and Tee and Reader and company and not have to field just a shell of a team.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:50 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: From the Chief's board:

"I do agree with everyone that Mahomes and Reid want to absolutely murder the Bengals, and I bet both of them will be at the top of their game."

If that is the case, then it would be especially sweet for the Bengals to win this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 04:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: How do other teams navigate this? How do the Chiefs with Mahomes pay him and not gut the team? How do the Browns pay Watson and not gut the team? How does Buffalo pay Allen and not gut the team?  There must be a way to keep Burrow and Chase and Tee and Reader and company and not have to field just a shell of a team.

That dude's not a GM...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think one thing they're discounting is what Ja'Marr being out did for Joe and the coaches. It forced them to get other guys involved in the offense, to win in different ways and to be more adaptive with in-game play calling. With Ja'Marr back now - even if he's on a limited snap count - it really opens things up, and the offense's experience over the last month should prove beneficial.

The Chiefs have a rookies in that secondary that will be tested big time this week, as will Cam in our secondary. I think that's what decides this game...which secondary can step up and be more physical, more aggressive and limit explosive plays.
Reply/Quote
When you say they're discounting this or that, you being way to nice and giving them way too much credit dude.

They don't know anything about football. They just automatically think Mahomeboy will drop 400 yard and 5 tuddies without breaking a sweat. Heck bro, they think Joe isn't even in the discussion for top 5 QB.

I went and read through their AFCCG thread and multiple tiny dick morons were wishing for Joe to break his leg or injure his knee again. I usually try to be on the lighter side of things but that site is pure trash filled with garbage humans.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think one thing they're discounting is what Ja'Marr being out did for Joe and the coaches. It forced them to get other guys involved in the offense, to win in different ways and to be more adaptive with in-game play calling. With Ja'Marr back now - even if he's on a limited snap count - it really opens things up, and the offense's experience over the last month should prove beneficial.

The Chiefs have a rookies in that secondary that will be tested big time this week, as will Cam in our secondary. I think that's what decides this game...which secondary can step up and be more physical, more aggressive and limit explosive plays.

My money is on Vonn Bell turning JSS into an alligator arm receiver again.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 10:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati message boards are filled with people who obviously like each other, respect each other, but engage in occasional polite debate. The Kansas City message boards are filled with people who clearly hate each other. We may sound like a support group but they sound like a cell block.

Yeah you guys are much kinder than lots of fanbases.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 04:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: How do other teams navigate this? How do the Chiefs with Mahomes pay him and not gut the team? How do the Browns pay Watson and not gut the team? How does Buffalo pay Allen and not gut the team?  There must be a way to keep Burrow and Chase and Tee and Reader and company and not have to field just a shell of a team.

Well for one they didn't sign their version of Chase, they traded him and have signed a bunch of cast off WRs and won with their QB being great.

They invested in some areas while replacing most the skill positions with a revolving door of draft picks and retreads. The exception being Kelce which makes sense since he is on his own level at TE.

The 5 highest paid players on their team, QB, DT, LT, G, DE.

Then Kelce, then a safety.

That's how they navigate it, throw the money at both lines and QB and then let you QB elevate the play of retreads and rookies. It's the smart way to win.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well with Mahomes contract this upcoming offseason will put it to the test as his cap number (which last year was already so high it forced them to unload Tyreek Hill) zooms up from 36 million to 47 million. 
Reply/Quote
I started the threads from the enemy thing last year (appreciate y'all keeping it going; I have no time), because I have always liked snooping around on competitors' boards to see how they are feeling and what they think of Bengals matchups. Because of this, I have seen a ton of forums for, I believe, every team in the NFL. I am well-acquainted with the forum culture of the teams leaguewide.

I say all that to make one distinction: Chiefs Planet is the worst forum for any NFL team I have ever seen. Absolute last place. It's not even a problem with Chiefs fans, because they're fine in other places. But that forum is truly a special case.
Reply/Quote

The draft 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 08:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I started the threads from the enemy thing last year (appreciate y'all keeping it going; I have no time), because I have always liked snooping around on competitors' boards to see how they are feeling and what they think of Bengals matchups. Because of this, I have seen a ton of forums for, I believe, every team in the NFL. I am well-acquainted with the forum culture of the teams leaguewide.

I say all that to make one distinction: Chiefs Planet is the worst forum for any NFL team I have ever seen. Absolute last place. It's not even a problem with Chiefs fans, because they're fine in other places. But that forum is truly a special case.

I think that's a good distinction. That board is like no other football message board in terms of how toxic and disgusting it is. Doesn't seem like any real moderation or rules even exist there. Hell, the Eagles and Steelers boards seem high class compared to that one. I can't imagine any normal Chiefs fans ever visiting or participating with that site. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 06:10 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Yeah you guys are much kinder than lots of fanbases.

Everybody has a lil anonymous bravado on the internet... But yeah. We don't act like them over here. In real life, Packers and Colts fans are the most pleasant I've ever been around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:50 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I honestly don't think this thread is that bad.  Of course they're all butthurt about last year, and you have more than a few self-styled bad-ass homers.  But -- kind of like a Village People concert, sprinkled here and there is some good stuff.  I concur with most of Post 78:

He should come here. At least he would get a civilized discussion.

Giving respect is earning respect.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote