Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from the Enemy, wild card playoffs: Raiders
(01-12-2022, 05:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Tell you what... I wouldn't mind if someone knocked me into a coma until Saturday.   This week has been abysmal.

Alrighty then...
[Image: AcademicBlushingCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 06:22 PM)attyla Wrote: ya'll should go over there and open up the "Renfrow Tests Positive" thread, it is jacked up but funny as hell
https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18941&view=unread#unread

The title got me excited for a second.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:36 AM)attyla Wrote: did anyone really think we were going to let a division rival with a young QB who is slinging it to get in?

Ben's retirement party is in KC this year, and after that, their cupboard is bare.  You guys hate the Steelers for being a division rival, we hate them for every game we played against Chuck Noll going back to the early 70's.

That's why I LOVED the 70's Oakland F'n Raiders. They generally abused the Steelers.  Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: That's why I LOVED the 70's Oakland F'n Raiders. They generally abused the Steelers.  Tongue

Everyone seems to forget that Steelers were crybabies because of the Raiders back then.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:17 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Everyone seems to forget that Steelers were crybabies because of the Raiders back then.

And the steelers played the exact same style of football

Pittsburgh has always gotten a pass. Rooney’s really wielded a lot of power
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:17 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Everyone seems to forget that Steelers were crybabies because of the Raiders back then.

Yes, the Stealers were the biggest hypocrites of all time. I was thrilled to see the Raiders give them a taste of their own medicine. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:14 AM)attyla Wrote: my first games were in Oakland in the early 70's.  I found that ugly stadium to be great just because of the vibe.

that being said, that XFL expansion team is about to come to Cinci to play a playoff game.  Not too bad for a XFL expansion team.

That XFL expansion team Las Vegas Raiders just lost to the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals.  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: That's why I LOVED the 70's Oakland F'n Raiders. They generally abused the Steelers.  Tongue

Yeah you didn't want to mess around with the Raiders back in the 70s. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I got muted in their discord quickly for the "imagine what the raiders could do if they had Burrow as QB". That was probably the straw though lol. It really stings when you just say "ez win" (when obviously it wasn't, but it should have been lol). "Preseason playoff game" also stung lol.

I had some good trash before the game started and fellow bengals fans there said to save it until after the win, that's not when trash talk is best, it's when both teams have a chance to win lol.
Reply/Quote
No need to talk trash. The Raiders had a hell of a season considering the adversity they dealt with, and that should be respected. They have a long drought on their own hands too, so I’ll leave them alone.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:13 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: No need to talk trash. The Raiders had a hell of a season considering the adversity they dealt with, and that should be respected. They have a long drought on their own hands too, so I’ll leave them alone.

Agreed. I’ve got nothing against them win or lose. Their fans at the game were cool.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:13 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: No need to talk trash. The Raiders had a hell of a season considering the adversity they dealt with, and that should be respected. They have a long drought on their own hands too, so I’ll leave them alone.

To each their own, they were talking a lot of trash too. They were gonna lose, second easiest team next to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:09 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: To each their own, they were talking a lot of trash too. They were gonna lose, second easiest team next to the Steelers.

Clearly you didn’t watch the Pats game…

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:36 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I got muted in their discord quickly for the "imagine what the raiders could do if they had Burrow as QB". That was probably the straw though lol. It really stings when you just say "ez win" (when obviously it wasn't, but it should have been lol). "Preseason playoff game" also stung lol.

I had some good trash before the game started and fellow bengals fans there said to save it until after the win, that's not when trash talk is best, it's when both teams have a chance to win lol.

A rare live look of Raiders fans after the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDphC4Ckmy8
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Clearly you didn’t watch the Pats game…

Hah, they looked like trash. I don't know, allen looked like a goat there. I thought belichick should have retired at half time. "I guess it was T. Brady all along" an d "M. Jones should get 0 ROY votes" lights them up.
Reply/Quote

This.

After the game there was a lone Raiders fan walking to his car and I tapped him on the shoulder and told him they had a great season with all the adversity. He looked at me and said...

"Thanks, and you should know that Raiders Nation will be rooting for the Bengals for the rest of the playoffs."

Pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
Had some great talks with Raider fans at the game yesterday. Nothing but respect.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. I talked with a Raiders fan who moved to Cincinnati on the way down the ramp from the canopy level. He wore a Raiders jacket and Bengals hat -- showing his love for a city that had been so good to him (his words) even as he rooted on his Raiders. The visiting fans were generally very respectful, and I think that comes from fanbases that understand each other on two levels:

1) long-standing playoff win drought
2) hatred of Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
Like I think most of us would have been. Many upset about whistlegate, but A LOT realize it had no effect on play and really shouldn’t be a big deal.
Reply/Quote
Ok, Dallas needs to knock off SF. 3rd times a charm and all that, but I do not want to go through a 3rd Bengals/9ers Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote