Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Time to disown Carson Palmer
He may hate the organization and Mike Brown, but he divorced all of us. Now he’s trying to discourage our next best hope in Joe Burrow. On the other hand Boomer is trying to get us together with Joe.
Carson was not a perfect QB and he was at least partly responsible for the record during his tenure. I believe he’s afraid Joe will be successful where he wasn’t.

Love Boomer and Carson’s name should never be spoken again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Already did when the coward quit on a team that went to the playoffs 5 years in a row after the little chicken shit left.
Maybe he'll be kept out of the ring of honor. Ninja
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Seriously who does what Carson did? And now he is speaking out and doubling down. California needs to stay in California. We take our Ohio boy and go to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
I don't have the hatred for Palmer that some do, and I think he does make some valid points about the organization...but at the same time, he also seems to have selective memory.

In 2009, Palmer wanted Coles signed after he was released by the Jets, and recruited him over the phone:

"Anytime a quarterback of his caliber takes time out to give you a call and lets you know how important he feels it would be to come to a team he plays for, I felt that was something great. I felt it was something I needed to take a close look at."

The Bengals ended up signing him, just as Palmer wanted.

After the 2009 season, with Coles not working out, Palmer told them he wanted more weapons. They went out and signed Bryant to a 4 year deal and also added Owens, who Palmer lobbied for personally. After the signings, Carson said:

"I don't know why we can't win the Super Bowl. There's absolutely no reason we can't win every game on our schedule."

Of course, these moves didn't end up working out as planned, but at the time, Carson was singing a different tune.
I don't hate Palmer, and never will.

The guy did what everyone in this town wishes they could do, flip Mike Brown the bird and call him out and have it matter.

We all sit here and hate on Mike Brown, but he doesn't care one bit. When his QB told him off, he had to actually care, who wouldn't love to look at their shitty boss and say I'll retire before I continue to work for your incompetence. That's what Palmer did, he quit on Mike Brown, he didn't quit on the fans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-02-2020, 11:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't have the hatred for Palmer that some do, and I think he does make some valid points about the organization...but at the same time, he also seems to have selective memory.

In 2009, Palmer wanted Coles signed after he was released by the Jets, and recruited him over the phone:

"Anytime a quarterback of his caliber takes time out to give you a call and lets you know how important he feels it would be to come to a team he plays for, I felt that was something great. I felt it was something I needed to take a close look at."

After the 2009 season, with Coles not working out, Palmer told them he wanted more weapons. They went out and signed Bryant to a 4 year deal and also added Owens, who Palmer lobbied for personally. After the signings, Carson said:

"I don't know why we can't win the Super Bowl. There's absolutely no reason we can't win every game on our schedule."

Of course, these moves didn't end up working out as planned, but at the time, Carson was singing a different tune.

All true statements, 'Holic.  And never once, in any of his monologues about the Bengals, have I ever heard Carson Palmer accept any of the blame for his part in the Bengals failure to win.  He threw plenty of INT's, in fact he threw so many for TD's to the other team that fans gave him a dubious nickname.  Pick6 Palmer..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-02-2020, 11:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't have the hatred for Palmer that some do, and I think he does make some valid points about the organization...but at the same time, he also seems to have selective memory.

Indeed he does

Like you say he begged for T.O. and they got him. He has a touch of selective memory.
He has become the ex that cant let it go plus he won 1 playoff game after he left and finished 1 over 500 record in his career as a #1 pick.. with #1 pick as a measuring stick.. he did not meet the expectations as the first pick in the draft.  If Burrow has the same overall career as Palmer.. we would consider him a disappointment also as a #1 pick...
(02-02-2020, 11:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All true statements, 'Holic.  And never once, in any of his monologues about the Bengals, have I ever heard Carson Palmer accept any of the blame for his part in the Bengals failure to win.  He threw plenty of INT's, in fact he threw so many for TD's to the other team that fans gave him a dubious nickname.  Pick6 Palmer..

Yep! He didn't earn the P6P moniker for nothing.
I have never hated Carson for what he said or did and I definitely understood it. I’ve spent plenty of time defending him and it worked out best for both parties, but his recent campaign of trying to poison our next first round pick 10 years after he left is frustrating and sad on his part.

First off, as fans of this team we have it bad enough. We don’t need our former players actively trying to keep/send us back to the 90’s by preventing the few good players we may be able to get from wanting to come here. Anybody with a brain already knows the bengals are bad and run poorly, they don’t need you running a bigger campaign blitz than any of the presidential candidates this year to remind them.

2nd off, he got what he wanted. He got out and moved on and it’s been 10 years man. Move on buddy. Let’s be honest, he had a team capable of winning a super bowl in 2005. He got hurt and it’s not his fault or Mike’s. He was never the same after that. He had some interception filled years there and they weren’t all the fault of the team or FO. He went on to AZ and managed to win one more playoff game then the Mike Brown managed bengals ever have. Take that moral victory and live your life. You can say all you want how great the Cardinals are but even with the “amazing” team and effort their FO made you managed to win a massive one playoff games.

No need to be worried that Burrow may be the one QB capable of doing what you couldn’t.
Oh and didn’t he sign a contract extension here? Pretty sure nobody put a gun to his head to do that. He could have escaped years earlier
(02-03-2020, 12:29 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Oh and didn’t he sign a contract extension here? Pretty sure nobody put a gun to his head to do that. He could have escaped years earlier

If someone offers you 100m you take it. Only a complete moron turns that down. I will never understand people complaining that Palmer says what we all think about ownership. It’s bizarre and total cognitive dissonance. I applaud him for dragging the Brown family name in the gutter.
Carson Palmer should have had Tommy John surgery when he needed it. I understand him being spiteful and yeah I blame Mike Brown for everything short of the weather tomorrow.

I loved CP and I defended him for leaving but he is not helping us
I only remember him as Captain pick 6...end of story. He had a pretty damned good Oline, a bunch of great receivers and some pretty damned good running backs and yet couldn't win. As hard as it might be to swallow for a lot of bengals fans this team has been in one of the toughest division the entirety of it's existence..It was certainly no walk in the park while palmer was with the team..Two divisional foes won super bowls.. That's tough sledding.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-03-2020, 12:40 AM)grampahol Wrote: I only remember him as Captain pick 6...end of story. He had a pretty damned good Oline, a bunch of great receivers and some pretty damned good running backs and yet couldn't win.

Quick shoot the messenger! He’s telling the truth about ownership can’t have that!
(02-03-2020, 12:42 AM)cj1895 Wrote: Quick shoot the messenger! He’s telling the truth about ownership can’t have that!

Hey look..I'm not defending the Brown family, but palmer played a part. It's not as if he was incapable of throwing bad passes. He threw a BUNCH of them..For a while Palamalo seemed to be his favorite receiver.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-03-2020, 12:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Hey look..I'm not defending the Brown family, but palmer played a part. It's not as if he was incapable of throwing bad passes. He threw a BUNCH of them..For a while Palamalo seemed to be his favorite receiver.

So what? I am all for public shaming of the Brown family. The louder, more public, and nasty the better. Hell I wish Boomer would deride them every Sunday morning. They should all be ashamed of themselves. It doesn’t matter what happened with Carson he’s just saying what we all know to be true.
(02-03-2020, 12:33 AM)cj1895 Wrote: If someone offers you 100m you take it. Only a complete moron turns that down. I will never understand people complaining that Palmer says what we all think about ownership. It’s bizarre and total cognitive dissonance. I applaud him for dragging the Brown family name in the gutter.

He could have got that from another team very easily, if not more.

And I completely agree with most of what he says. That doesn’t mean he needs to be actively trying to prevent good players from coming here which is exactly what he’s trying to do with Burrow. It’s just sad that he’s still holding onto this vendetta. He beat brown by forcing his way out, he’s won more playoff games then him, he’s made millions of dollars from him, move on.

And if you remember correctly at least at that time Mike was willing to spend on a FA from time to time. He may have F’d it up most times but he was more willing to give out decent sized contracts in the late 2000’s than he is now
Once we draft (and sign) Burrow, Carson can go back to being irrelevant again.